Medicom costume on a SS body

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nash said:
In that case you might as well wait for SS to make you a Boba Fett then.
I've definitely thought about that, but its not exactly easy imagining them making a Fett that can match the one from Medicom (even the PF is inferior!) ;) Since SS has the humans/creatures down and Medicom handles the armored figures I'm trying to think of how they might be made to synch up a little more closely.

Khev said:
Scale. Until Medicom releases main heroes of any significant quality SS will always be the flagship company for 1/6 scale SW figures.

6 months ago I would have agreed with that statement but things have changed. SS has gone off the rails and Medicom has come out with a few belters. I'd say Medicom is edging it at the moment, SS needs to pull something out of the bag at CIV or SDCC to get the momentum back.

Wonder if Ghost Riders cloths and stuff will fit on a HT body. Medi GR looks pretty weak and scrawny.

nash said:
why even use extenders? I dont know, im probably the only one who feels this way, but I have no problem with the shorter height. Medicom is Medicom and Sideshow is Sideshow.

Some of us like to group our collections by subject matter, not by manufacturer. Star Wars is Star Wars... and up until now, this has kept me from adding any RAH Medi Star Wars figures to my collection (I'll probably cave with Jango and just pretend he's a midget).

There's no way I'd ever purchase a sawed-off Vader, though. The Medicom Vaders are too short even compared with other Medicom figures, and for $120+ they should be able to cough up a few more cubic inches of plastic.

The annoyance of this is added to by the Medicom Spawn figure, which is decidedly NOT a midget (at 34 cm). If Medicom builds a Vader with this (or better yet, an even taller) body as a starting point, then I'll be interested.

If Medicom bodies were cheaper I might consider replacing the Sideshow bodies with them. Or maybe BBI, they tend to be shorter. Hmmmm....

Last edited:
Back