Medicom Comic Version Spiderman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I'd thought this was going to work when I posted I would have taken better pictures. But this should give you guys the idea. He's pretty sharp.
I was really happy with the webs as I didn't expect them. I agree that Medicom doesn't pile on the accessories like DiD or bbi etc.. But the hands are great. Really nicely executed and well thought out choices. And four pair is pretty good. The "thwip" hands with webs are definately my favorites.
And when I got Spidey out of the box the first thing I thought of was hmmm.....need Venom now. And I don't even like the character. Last I looked Venom was on sale at HLJ. Maybe other places too. It's too bad that I don't think Venom will be taller than Spidey though. But the figure is massive which is good.
This is the nicest of the Marvel figures from Medicom I have or have seen in person. They seem to get better each time out. I'm curious to read what you other guys think when you get yours. I'm pretty well pleased.

Funny, I just succumbed to Venom also and I don't like the character that much. Found a decent deal on ebay for him.

Thanks Dave for the info.. I definately want that one when it comes out. I really liked the black costume. I will however probably pass on "Scarlet Spider" if it's ever announced as I have so far managed not to order Carnage as I really dislike both characters a lot. I'm a happy non-completist on this line.
They could probably make quite a few Marvel characters I wouldn't pick up. Like pretty much any X-Men created after 1983, eternally tiny children of the first family of superheroes (But Franklin does look good for his age) and nearly all members of north of the border super teams. And a few more.
They do however need to make one off beat fan favorite, "Moon Knight". That would be a brilliant figure. Helluva a costume. Yup, Moon Knight's time must come.

I just got my Spidey today.

Overall he's great but there are a few flaws. First is that the shade of red used for the boots and Spidey head don't match up very well with color red used for the costume. Also the boots are quite large and a little loose on such small feet.

A nice plus is the toe-articulation on the feet.

I'll try to post some pics soon.

screamingmetal said:
I've heard that the Black Symbiote Spidey can only be had by buying the regular Costume Spidey. There's some kinda UPC code or certificate or something that allows you to buy Black Costume Spidey, but only if you live in Japan. :(

screamingmetal,

I do believe that you are correct about the black suit Spidey. :( My figure came with the silver sticker on the box also plus a small packet with what looks like an order form for the Symbiote Spidey. It has a special order number on it but since I can't read Japaneese I'm not 100% certain. This is really going to suck if it's true. :banghead

Got mine today! Have to agree about the boots - the ones on the movie version are much, much better. And this guy is very MacFarlanized. Perhaps they're intending to release a bunch of them all based on different artists? A way to get around the "limited edition" I guess.

But I do like him, despite the pointy toes and flat face. He's actually in scale with my 13" Superman if you pretend he's a 15 year old Ultimate Spiderman...

Yeah, the boots are kinda loose. If you leave him in the box it would be hard to tell though. At least that was the case when I first opened mine. They looked better under the plastic cover. They still look fine to me. And they do flex enough for some decent action poses. I may have low standards since I've owned Captain Action and Toy Biz 12" Spidey figures. This is a pretty big quality improvement for me.
The color of the head and boots on mine match the rest of the costume fairly well though. Again, maybe low standards. A perfect match on the plastic and fabric items is tough. You can always paint them and get a near perfect match. This isn't a figure I'd do any real customisation on though.
Overall still pretty frikkin' pleased.
And I ordererd Venom last night. Too bad HE isn't on the DC Direct body.
I haven't done it yet but I'm going to be posing Superman with Spidey also Dave. I want to take a couple of pics of them together. As teen Spidey I think they are more or less in scale with each other.

I like the comic Spidey a lot too. The web isn't just printed on, but is slightly raised like on the movie version. The match up between the heads/hands and the costume is extremely well done. My only complaint there is that it appears they used a wash to paint the black lines on the head and hands and the lines aren't as thick as on the suit. But I can take care of that with a sharpie. But for a $150 action figure, I shouldn't have to.

And despite the rubber boots, he can actually point his toes. That's something the movie one can't do in his rubber boots.

Ugh, that f***ing postman! I was home when he drove to the mail box but he didn't even bother to get out of his truck to knock on my door, he just filled out the sorry I missed you slip and put it in my mailbox. :mad:
I called the Post Office, hopefully he'll get reprimanded for that. They said I'll have to wait until tomorrow for them to deliver since I can't make it to the Post Office for pick up.

Edit:
Well, my experience today wasn't any better. I was waiting all day and nothing came. So I went out to rake the leaves and didn't notice that the mail truck just left the mail box. I checked the door and there was nothing there so I chased down the Mail truck and told the lady that I wanted to pick up my parcel. She looked around and said she didn't have it in the truck and that she wasn't notified by the others that there was a parcel to be redelivered today. So she says I'll have to come down to the post office on Monday to pick the stupid thing up.
I was livid but it wasn't her fault because it wasn't her usual route.
But thankfully she came by to deliver the parcel in person a few hours later.
I haven't had enough time to open this one up, I plan on doing it later because I'm just too tired today.
The box looks good though.

Last edited:
I got mine out and displayed. It does have some slight flaws, the head could be sculpted less flat, I wish he didn't have holes all the way through his wrists, the feet could be smaller, and his feet could do with some heels. But I'm Very satisfied with him. He poses well and although the base body looks like crap when it's not in a costume (I've seen pictures) It looks fantastic in costume!
I also noticed that he has no zippers or Velcro, so he was sewn into his suit. No biggie really but if you want to replace the body someday you'll have some problems (The first Medicom Body I ever bought broke apart into a dozen pieces from just posing him, it was very fragile and it was a older Cromagnon body).

I'd like to get the black costume but I'm sure now that you have to buy this one and turn in the included coupon and live in Japan. I'll contact my dealer to see if he can hook me up.
If anybody has info on the black costume Spidey please let me know.

My dealer said the black costume version would be available just like this one. But he could be wrong.

Hey guys, I just registered solely to join this discussion. This was the only place I found to discuss these figures. I have the 3 Medicom Spiderman figures (Venom, Carnage, new Spidey). I just got the Spidey and aside from the big feet he is awesome.

I just wanted to chime and ask what Spiderman character would you like to see next. Has anyone heard any rumors of what the next Spidey figure will be, aside from the alien costume. I would think they would announce another soon unless they aren't making anymore. I would like to see a comic version of the Green Goblin or the Sandman.

Welcome foolkiller, I hope you find some other things of interest here beyond Medicom Spidey. This is one of the few sights I visit and post on regularly and appreciate the variety of discussion here. The SSC figures are pretty cool too if the subjects interest you. I'm a military, movie and monster sorta guy myself but I collect almost everything interesting. And I find almost everything interesting gosh darn it.
I haven't heard anything about what's coming up next in the Spidey/Marvel figures in the RAH line. They released the Spiderman figures you mentioned as well as Wolverine and Cyclops from the X-Men and it seems like we might see another mutant before we see another spider-foe. But I'd love a Green Goblin. He better come with a "Goblin Glider" and an adequate # of pumpkin bombs to seal the deal for me though. I'd also like Mysterio, Kraven and the vulture. And did I mention Black Cat? Well now I have.
My question for anyone in the know is how the Medicom license works? Is it done figure by figure with Marvel, by series (like all X-Men) or does it encompass all the Marvel properties period? It would be nice to know how this is handled. After all, I'm pulling for a Medicom Moon Knight and I wonder if it's even possible.

Oh, I'm a big 1/6 collector. I have Dragon, BBI and sideshow stuff. I'm stoked for the star wars line. I generally hang out at the OSW for 1/6th but not to much chatter around there for the Medicom Marvel stuff.

Didn't I hear a rumor of Colossus or Nightcrawler being next from Medicom? Or did I dream it?

I just got Venom today, haven't had a chance to open it, but I did like Carnage and that's the only reason I bought Venom.

I hadn't heard but I was just guessing an X figure based on the releases so far which is a pretty feeble thing to base a guess on.
My wishfull thinking guess would go back to Moon Knight. Possibly Cap if they could do a bigger body.
Speaking of, If it is Colossus I hope Medicom borrows the DC direct 13" body (they won't). He'd be about right.
Nightcrawler would be interesting. I'd like to see how they'ed do his tail.
I remain completely clueless but hopeful that whatever comes next will be something I want.

I heard that Gambit ala Jim Lee is the next Marvel figure.

Colossus is after him with a "rumored" new 14 inch body. It's just a rumor though so don't get excited.

oh yeah, Gambit sounds familiar. Where did I get Nightcrawler from?

And the bodies all seem to use different parts, so I wouldn't be surprised in a much taller Colossus, although 14" would be too tall.

one of my favorite RAH's
DSC00320_00.jpg

DSC00317_00.jpg

DSC00280_00.jpg

DSC00276_00.jpg

DSC00256_00.jpg

DSC00324_00.jpg

DSC00373_00.jpg
DSC00432_00.jpg

Back