Medicom ALIEN? Is it worth getting?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks awesome in those pics, I haven't been keeping up with this stuff for about six months, so this is the first time I'm seeing pics of it. I can't say I see anything wrong with the paint apps.

Are Medicom going to do an Aliens alien ?

I'm a bigger fan of that movie than the original.

I just won a Medicom Alien on eBay for what in the UK is a very reasonable price. Forbidden Planet in Shaftesbury Avenue wanted £135 for it, and I got it for about £50.

Now I may be tempted at that price! :D

I can't wait for it to turn up. I'm not a big 1/6 collector, I just buy what I like. At the moment I have a little tableau displaying my little Kubrick Space Jockey and Alien, my Hot Toys Alien Warrior, a couple of books (the Movie book of Alien, and the making of book), lit with a cheapy LED. This will slot in nicely to that odd little assortment.

I don't think the paint apps are bad per se, but they are quite simple. There's no variation in tone around the mouth for example, where the "condoms" were in the original prop. Has anyone attempted a re-paint?

Oh yes, they used condoms to make the tendons...

Tinister over at the OSW was going to attempt a repaint, but he's been gone for months.

Oh yes, they used condoms to make the tendons...

Tinister over at the OSW was going to attempt a repaint, but he's been gone for months.

Now that's something I'd like to see. The dude's exceptionally talalented.

Where's he gone?

I got one for $90 shipped here on the forum. It is a VERY unique figure, the plastic "Suit" is like nothing I've seen on a figure. At the same time though, it really limits the posability of the figure. It's more or less a straight legged standing position or nothing. And it just looks so very skinny. It's been some time since I've seen Alien, but it seems like I remember it being a bit more bulky. At $90 I'm happy. Had I paid retail at $180, I would've been pissed.

Bugger. Had to pay £18 customs charges, which puts the final price up a bit. On the plus side Parcelforce say it will be here tomorrow, and guess who's working from home? :)

Bugger. Had to pay £18 customs charges, which puts the final price up a bit. On the plus side Parcelforce say it will be here tomorrow, and guess who's working from home? :)

Oh Man! 68 quid is more than acceptable for such a great figure.

I look forward to seeing your Alien collection now

Ah Mr Fish! Give my regards to Rllmuk next time you're in that Action Figure thread.

Surprise!

DSC00833.jpg

DSC00842.jpg

DSC00848.jpg

I'm really pleased with it. For someone like me who doesn't even look at the relative sizes of figures, or have any kind of uniformity to my vague collection, this is the best Alien yet. The way they've done the "suit" is incredible, and the build quality and finish put my HT Alien Warrior to shame.

There is room for improvement, sure. The paint apps are fairly dull (Lovecrafty, you could really go to town on this), and again we have another Alien who can't close his mouth. The closed "grin" is my favourite look for the Alien face, so that's a bit of a shame.

Also the suit really does limit articulation, but luckily here it's not a problem as I would always have wanted to pose it upright anyway. The only slight irritation is that it's very difficult to angle the head, as it just springs back into position. You can get better results by having it look left or right, and then sort of tucking the back of the dome between the rear spines.

Overall though, I love it. I'm surprised this isn't getting more love on here, as it's clearly the best "Toy" representation of the original Giger Alien yet.

Nice one DSD. It's a great figure. Up there with the NECA, but to be fair the Medi is my favourite.

Love to see a repaint on this, hint, hint.

I have the same problems with the mouth DSD, the inner mandibles are right back in the throat, so I've never pulled them out. Need to use some tweezers or something.

The head will only hold in two forward positions - bowed down or in a neutral position. Sideways is a bit more pose-able. But, overall I put this one down *aesthetically* as one of my best figures. At that price it's not bad at all.:cool:

Congrats man, it is a beautiful figure!
I'm also waiting for some valiant soul to do a repaint... I wouldn't even know what type of paint to use!

If it wasn't usually so expensive (I think I struck lucky) then I'd be tempted to get another one and have a crack at a re-paint. I suppose it's hard to tell whether this will be an expensive rarity in future or ten a penny as it isn't perhaps as popular as it should be.

I'll re-paint it for you. Just post it to me and I'll send it back all done.

Honest! ;)

No doubt... I swear when I first saw the Medicom version I thought it was the ^^^^!!! My buddy and I went all over Japan to different shops trying to locate the Predator and Alien figures :lol

Back