McFarlane Toys 7" Star Trek figures (TOS, TNG and beyond...)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm out of touch with McFarlane outside of their sports figures, are they doing articulation now in the 7" scale?

I'm scaling back high end and besides, I haven't been all that impressed with the QMX figures myself. 1:10 though, if these look good, I might just get a few - to represent some of the humans and aliens of Star Trek since I have a few of the main ships.

Your reference to the ships just reminded me of something. I hope that DST didn't loose the license for the starships. They are supposed to be making a USS Reliant. I like their starships and have been looking forward to that one for my collection.

Your reference to the ships just reminded me of something. I hope that DST didn't loose the license for the starships. They are supposed to be making a USS Reliant. I like their starships and have been looking forward to that one for my collection.

Yeah that's pretty much the only ship I want at this point...maybe the Defiant and Voyager. I had decided only to collect Federation ships.

I'm out of touch with McFarlane outside of their sports figures, are they doing articulation now in the 7" scale?

I have a few of the new 7" Walking Dead figures. They have very limited articulation which varies from figure to figure. The first two released in the line, Rick and Michonne, are basically 1/10 statues. But their pose is good IMO so they are still nice figures.

Re: McFarlane Toys 7" Star Trek figures (TOS, TNG and beyond...)

I never liked the look of the 7" DST Star Trek figures so hopefully McFarlane will do something good with them.
The two I had were decent, they were the recent deluxe ones. The paint is a little heavy, but I always thought the Spock sculpt was good. But other than that, I can't comment on much more given my experience with them. I will say the quality of McF's statuefigs is pretty good, so that's a plus.
Depends on who you ask and when they bought their figures. From my understanding the newer figures are to have more articulation from here on out. There are some that are near total statues (Titanfall pilot), but the more recent Titanfall Phase robot has a full set of articulation....minus anything through the torso, so he's always twisted in action. And that's the weird part. He'll articulate everything fully like limbs, and then lock parts of it into permanent​ sculpt, which renders the articulation largely useless. Aguilar from Assassin's Creed is a good example - full arm articulation, full leg articulation below the thigh, but Y cut swivel crotch and a hard plastic robe renders all but the arms useless. These are the first two I mentioned. Sculpt and paint are great on most of them, though.
9ef0f7f08fec33edfbd84cf43d592a24.jpg

McFarlane's just gonna make a bunch of those lame 7 inch statues... I'd rather wait until Mezco gets around to doing Kelvin Timeline figures in their 1:12 line.

They've added more articulation into the announced Jareth figure, so it makes me hope McFarlane learned a lesson from the first couple waves of their Color Tops line bombing. They do call out Kirk and Picard as being "fully articulated."

Art Asylum's best work with Trek were the early Enterprise waves. Beautiful sculpts and paint. Sadly no one wanted to buy them because no one knew the show. They piled up and later waves never met the quality of those and they were mainly an online line after that. I wish McFarlane the best but I can see it being the same way with Discovery figures hanging everywhere.

Art Asylum's best work with Trek were the early Enterprise waves. Beautiful sculpts and paint. Sadly no one wanted to buy them because no one knew the show. They piled up and later waves never met the quality of those and they were mainly an online line after that. I wish McFarlane the best but I can see it being the same way with Discovery figures hanging everywhere.

The Art Asylum figures and bridge pieces from the show Enterprise were really nice. I enjoyed that show and thought that it was just catching its stride when it was cancelled. I personally am not interested in any figures from the new Discovery show. They very well may warm many pegs. I just want them to make a good representative set of figures from TOS, TNG, Voyager, DS9 and TWoK. Some new Enterprise figures would even be nice to have.

I'll reserve judgement till I see something but for now, I'm not excited. If Mezco's 1:12 weren't so expensive I'd get those but I can't justify those kind of prices on 6 inch figures no matter how beautiful they look.

I think Picard looks a bit better than Kirk but he should come with a different accessory. He was more of a book, diplomat and archaeology type captain rather than a phaser wielding one. Maybe give him a Horga'hn from Risa :lol

horgahn.jpg

I like what I see so far. I've avoided getting into the QMX ones so far (simply a matter of space), but I might be in for these.

While the posability may be limited, they look more realistic and true to the actors than Diamond figures, so I guess it comes down to what you want. I passed on almost all the DST figures cuz something just always felt off, I'm already digging Picard a lot.

In terms of accurate representations, it's like you have Playmates 90s TNG, DST TNG then McFarlane. DST was a step towards the realism level of NECA or McFarlane but still a bit toyish on the level of Playmates, 2 lines later, we're finally getting good depictions of characters.

Bring on Locutus and Wrath of Khan figures.

I like what I see so far. I've avoided getting into the QMX ones so far (simply a matter of space), but I might be in for these.

You will probably be able to get 4-6 of these for the price of 1 QMX, cost savings alone is a huge deal, and while not as nice as a 12" figure, in terms of representation of the character, these should be comparable and a nice budget friendly option, and we may get full crews faster.

You will probably be able to get 4-6 of these for the price of 1 QMX, cost savings alone is a huge deal, and while not as nice as a 12" figure, in terms of representation of the character, these should be comparable and a nice budget friendly option, and we may get full crews faster.

It'd be great if we got Bridge dioramas to go with these.

Back