McCain Shocker!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill Clinton and John Edwards a couple of real stand up role model DEMS

Actually neither of them has done anything McCain didn't already do. I'm sure you'll recall he began his affair with Cindy while still married to his first wife...

You are aware that several studies show that people who watch The Daily Show are significantly more informed about current events than people who watch cable news channels and network news broadcasts, right?

:rolleyes:

Those polls and those people that get their information from The Daily Show mean nothing to me. I watch it on occasion myself for the humor aspect, but its obviously one sided.

Those polls and those people that get their information from The Daily Show mean nothing to me.

That doesn't mean it's not true. I wouldn't want to venture a causal relationship (it could just be that more informed people watch the show). But nevertheless the statistic is true and valid.

Another one you'll hate - several studies show liberals are generally better informed about current events than conservatives. The surveys coming out shortly after the Iraq invasion were pretty shocking in terms of the discrepancy in awareness.

9 out of 10 statistics are made up on the spot.

:gun

:rolleyes:

Those polls and those people that get their information from The Daily Show mean nothing to me. I watch it on occasion myself for the humor aspect, but its obviously one sided.

That's why there's the Colbert Report. :)

Another one you'll hate - several studies show liberals are generally better informed about current events than conservatives. The surveys coming out shortly after the Iraq invasion were pretty shocking in terms of the discrepancy in awareness.

:lol:rotfl:lol

This thread just keeps getting better

She also thinks Creationism should be taught in schools, so I'm not sure how much of the Hillary camp she can realistically attract.

Great avatar, by the way!

Incorrect. From https://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/

Wired Magazine jumps on an undoubted negative about Sarah Palin - at least for me:

Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin wants creationism taught in science classes.

In a 2006 gubernatorial debate, the soon-to-be governor of Alaska trotted out the usual creationist education canard: “Teach both. You know, don’t be afraid of education. Healthy debate is so important, and it’s so valuable in our schools. I am a proponent of teaching both.”

But Little Green Footballs points out that the criticism is dishonest if Palin’s subsequent “clarification” isn’t also noted:

In an interview Thursday, Palin said she meant only to say that discussion of alternative views should be allowed to arise in Alaska classrooms:

“I don’t think there should be a prohibition against debate if it comes up in class. It doesn’t have to be part of the curriculum.”

She added that, if elected, she would not push the state Board of Education to add such creation-based alternatives to the state’s required curriculum.

This thread just keeps getting better

It's true. Actually (and at this point unsurprisingly) there's a poll by AP-Ipsos showing liberals read more than conservatives, too. Interestingly, surveys also reveal conservatives are happier than liberals, which when combined with our other trio of survey areas suggests ignorance is indeed bliss. :rotfl

Incorrect.

Giving credence to creationism in school is teaching it as a viable option. It's not. And that quote doesn't say she's opposed to making it part of the curriculum - only that it doesn't have to be.

I believe "Good family values" means doing right by all involved including the unborn child: Her daughter is keeping the child and marrying the guy.
Ultimately all children have a will of there own and make poor choices regardless of how well you try to raise them or prepare them for the future.

This could turn out to be a positive for the Republicans. The point Spartan Rex made about the unwed mother and the unborn child could be used to McCain's advantage in energizing the base.

It's true. Actually (and at this point unsurprisingly) there's a poll by AP-Ipsos showing liberals read more than conservatives, too. Interestingly, surveys also reveal conservatives are happier than liberals, which when combined with our other trio of survey areas suggests ignorance is indeed bliss. :rotfl

I love how every discussion inevitably comes down to a battle of intellect---from the best toy companies to the best political party. Unfortunately, it's usually a good sign that the person's cache of valid points is running dry.

I mean really..."Liberals read books" ? Somehow I expected more.

Plus, as we all know, polls are 100% correct and infallible.

Right? :pow

I love how every discussion inevitably comes down to a battle of intellect---from the best toy companies to the best political party. Unfortunately, it's usually a good sign that the person's cache of valid points is running dry.

It's not a battle of intellect. Someone criticized The Daily Show and I pointed out multiple studies have in fact shown that people who watch The Daily Show are better informed about politics and current events than people who don't. I also said it would foolish to imply a causal connection.

I then pointed out several studies have largely corroborated the gist of this finding. Independent research from respected neutral organizations has shown liberals tend to be better informed about current events than conservatives and read more books.

This isn't an argument about intellect and I don't recall saying liberals are smarter than conservatives. You can stick your head in the sand if you wish, but the studies are out there and have yet to be shown wrong. Mocking studies simply because you disagree with their findings is silly.

P.Diddy is buggin out about this! :rotfl:lol:lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykIS86urbmI&feature=related

He is so dumb.

Almost makes me want to vote against obama as i hate diddy more than McCain. But i could never vote Republican!

Independent will most likely get my vote AGAIN!!

Just to get my views out in the open. I hate the choices we have (they're picked for us by the elite) But i would vote democratic any day before i EVER voted for a republican. I am independent and will most likely vote that way, unless it's close in my state in which i will vote democrat cause i can't have a republican win again. But IMO Bama and George PT2 both suck ass!

Ventura 2012! :)

Last edited:
This thread is requiring too many edits and deletions - final warning - no personal attacks or broad generalizations that might be offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back