Statue MC Studio: Metal Gear Solid - Solid Snake 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Latest news:

Mc Studio said:
Hi guys

I want to clarify few points of the sculpt of Solid Snake and why we chose it.

The base - originally we made a sketch with Solid Snake and a dead genome soldier, the cons well the cost and size of it. So depending how well perfoms Solid we might consider add and extra base with the dead soldier as a add on

Pose - we chose a pose that was good for sort of different actions like holding the gun while having a *** to combat pose ( which you do quite a lot in the game).

Portraits- the low poly portrait we felt was a must have and after seeing the feedback I'm glad we did it.

- I often get asked why you didn't put him like wearing the thermal vision googles. Well pretty simple if he was wearing it you couldn't tell if he was solid snake or not, so by doing the way we did it keeps the essence of the character.

The other 2 portraits was to give him a different look that I have never seen in a solid snake statue. A different facial action.

The add ons on the base such the Pal keys ( which are optional, they will come as 3 separate cards so you can display it as you please) and the Ammo box which will simulate the same movement like in the game.

We love to hear feedback from you guys, some we might consider and some not but then again Konami are the last one to say yes or no. That's actually how this works and there is a lot of back and forth till something gets approved.

Having said that our goal is to do high end collectibles with a limited run.

I'm in of making this a great community to speak about projects and ideas but I cannot do it by myself so let's get into it��

Mc Studio said:
And We won't be doing regular and exclusive statues. Instead we will do amazing statues with tons of switchouts options with limited run

Zack McGhee said:
Forgive me if I’m missing crucial information that has already been put out. Do we have an idea as to cost/estimated date of release/etc?

Mc Studio said:
All the info for the preorder will be shown very soon. Regarding time of release normally is one year after opening the preorder if not sooner

Zack McGhee said:
Mc Studio Good to hear! The sculpt looks amazing, by the way. Got any plans for other characters from MGS?

Mc Studio said:
Zack McGhee yeah ��, but in order to show the next one we need to get solid snake up and running ��

I agree, the nose especially looks off to me.

I tried telling them that when I saw this piece on the facebook groups a long time ago, the person in charge respectfully disagreed there was anything wrong with the face. Sorry, I love Snake, and this statue looks amazing, but that face does NOT look like Snake...the Nose, Lips and Eyes are off, he looks like Micky Rourke or Tom Berenger in the 80's. It's really my only critique of the piece. I skipped out on ordering it specifically because the face was off and they had no intention of tweaking it.

Props to all who ordered it, if it ever gets released that is...

Going to have to disagree with you there. This definitely looks like Snake to me.

received_306844230386599.jpeg

Piecing things together it sounds like an unlicensed run was sold though a private facebook group. That statue is exactly what I always wanted, pure PSX MGS1 dammit wish I would have known

Last edited:
Back