Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) and other Mecha - Official thread!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) - Official thread!!

A couple of new pics of DX Mazinger...

1206232152edb196d78ceda1f2.jpg

1206232152243f501471c44e6c.jpg

Unfortunately, after careful consideration, I'm going to have to pass on this guy... :monkey2
Even though Mazinger is my favorite Super Robot, and one of my all time favorite characters, I just can't justify the price tag on it... as cool as it is...
I was really excited about it, but once the dust settled, man... too much money for a toy...

Still, I'll be admiring it during SDCC and get tons of pictures of it!
:rock!

A couple of new pics of DX Mazinger...

1206232152edb196d78ceda1f2.jpg

1206232152243f501471c44e6c.jpg

Unfortunately, after careful consideration, I'm going to have to pass on this guy... :monkey2
Even though Mazinger is my favorite Super Robot, and one of my all time favorite characters, I just can't justify the price tag on it... as cool as it is...
I was really excited about it, but once the dust settled, man... too much money for a toy...

Still, I'll be admiring it during SDCC and get tons of pictures of it!
:rock!

Yep, I was excited about it too man, but after seeing the price tag I pass as well. With that money I can buy some other stuff.

I'm a sucker and will probably pick it up...I keep thinking about items I was on fence about in the past that I ended up regretting not buying.

My thing like I said before is, I love Maz, but I have enough of them in various forms. So as much as I would love to have this guy that price tag just keeps me away.

Currently Im on a mission to collect the SRC Sentai robots.

Got Grendizer a few days back! This is the 4S set which is the complete set with the Drill and Marine Spazers.

gren2.jpg

gren4.jpg

gren9.jpg

gren10.jpg

gren12.jpg

More pics and all the rest of my chogokin on my little collection page!

thats the best thing they released for Grendizer
I wish he got more lovin
they should make more of his enemies

One of the few SOCs i want so bad, but i dont want to pay for the Spazer set. Grendizer needs more renditions if you ask me.

One of the few SOCs i want so bad, but i dont want to pay for the Spazer set. Grendizer needs more renditions if you ask me.

Just go with the regular SOC GX-04 set...they go for about half the price of the GX-04S set with all the spazers. I thought High Dream/HL Pro was making some of the Grendizer villains. I hope they continue the line...

MT02-GIRU-GIRU-2-small__scaled_600.jpg

MT02-UFO-GIRU-GIRU-small__scaled_600.jpg

I remember these things as a kid. Looking over this thread brings back memories. Love the pictures. I wish some of these new die-cast were around back then. The only thing I ever had were the 8" and 3" die-cast figures and the large 20" plastic.

I was super excited about your posting of Mazinger Z DX (missed original SOC) but then I saw the price!

:horror

I get so confused by which Mazinger is which. I think the one I'd really want a DX of is Great Mazinger. The money is insane, but I'd love to see all the Shogun Warriors released as SOC DX.

Last edited:

Mazinger Z was the original robot...Great Mazinger was the upgrade. You can tell the differences by the head and the chest piece. Here's a picture for comparison:

Id say Mazinger and the RX-78 are pretty much the face of Bandai Japan as far as robots go. I just dont think we'll see any other bots come out in this kind of DX style at this size and price point.

I could be totally wrong, but I just dont see it happening

:pray:
Id say Mazinger and the RX-78 are pretty much the face of Bandai Japan as far as robots go. I just dont think we'll see any other bots come out in this kind of DX style at this size and price point.

true...ah but one can hope...hahahahaha :pray:

I'd love to see Voltes-V....he was always my favorite, with an improved Falcon Base. Not saying the SOC is bad, but I'd like to see one the size of the original Popy version.

Well we might see a Getter of some sort though I wonder which one they would go for.

A DX Gaiking would be quite impressive!!
:D
A DX Gaiking would be epic man.
Well we might see a Getter of some sort though I wonder which one they would go for.

As for the Getters, I dont see them doing those guys either in a DX style and if they actually did decide to do it more than likely it would be typical Getter 1. Seeing as Bandai hasnt done a Getter team since the SOC Getter G release, again I just dont see it happening. If anything I have a feeling we'll end up seeing one of the Getter teams as an SRC more so than anything else. Plus I think the other factor is going to be how well this DX Maz actually sells. If it sells like hotcakes, I could see them putting out a Great Maz since it will only be a few minor mods.

Mazinger Z works for me. A lot of nostalgia.
But a DX Gaiking would be plain awesome.

So the Japanese amiami have the DX Mazinger for preorder now, I really hope we can see it on the English amiami in this week.

Mazinger Z works for me. A lot of nostalgia.
But a DX Gaiking would be plain awesome.

yeah again, I love Maz, but to see Gaiking with that gold dragon skull chest and giant horns...that would be mind blowing.

Back