Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) and other Mecha - Official thread!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) - Official thread!!

Willis: That looks awesome.

Viking: Thanks, man.

Getting some good stuff in today. Can't wait to see in person.

I preordered the **** outta blodia when I saw it last night.

Nice E: That's a great figure.

ES Gokin 07 - Baikanfu:

8610131367_2964304a75_o.jpg

The engineering is insane:

8611236430_de25ba3ba7_o.jpg

I like the ES Gokin line but I thought the Baikanfu was a little too gimmicky. I think it's because while it works, the SD style makes the bulk of the figure in the heads.

On a side note is Japan really not going to get ES Gokin Yattarou?

I like the ES Gokin line but I thought the Baikanfu was a little too gimmicky. I think it's because while it works, the SD style makes the bulk of the figure in the heads.

On a side note is Japan really not going to get ES Gokin Yattarou?

The heads are actually where this set has the least mass. They're basically hollow, while the bodies are more dense and diecast. It's an incredible set, and I can't wait to get more now after being weary of getting this one.

The only gimmick is the fitting inside of each other which is original toy and anime accurate, and even without that you're getting three solid and poseable figures in the set.

Still getting SOC Baikanfu today too, if DHL would go ahead and show up...

Yeah I meant that because the bulk of the figure (though not necessarily the mass) is in the head, it's not as fun to me as the SOC or even the original which were more in the body and limbs. Though I only briefly played with it, I should take it out again. In general I love the line and can't wait for the Mazingers.

Yeah I meant that because the bulk of the figure (though not necessarily the mass) is in the head, it's not as fun to me as the SOC or even the original which were more in the body and limbs. Though I only briefly played with it, I should take it out again. In general I love the line and can't wait for the Mazingers.

Ohhh, I gotcha. Thanks for clarifying. I admit, I do wish the hea on baikanfu in particular was more poseable, but the engineering to make it work at ALL is genius.

Another line I'm looking into is the Deformer figures to compliment my SRW: OG collection, but those things are expensive as ****. I'll get em, but not until I feel my actual SRW line is complete.

LEDs:

8610714355_eea6d6a4db_o.jpg

Did they cancel the deformeister line? I have the alt and Weiss, though I missed the others. I haven't seen any more. Also Alt's foot is hiding somewhere.

On a side note all of these SD releases come with gigantic boxes and I'm tempted to start throwing them out... Do you just keep them? This is a problem I have with a lot of Japanese figures since they're so good at having nice reusable packaging...

I know they at very least did Aussenseiter and Dyngengaur as well.

And with Boxes, for THESE mecha, yea I keep them. But, a lot of other lines, like Robot Spirits and stuff, I just went through tossing most of them, honestly.

My new rule is that if it's not a big, reusable cardboard box like you said, then I'm not keeping it after a while.

Completely agreed.

SOC Baikanfu:

8610920541_4cf8f60e22_o.jpg

I always wax the chromed bits on my figures, and here's Baikanfu's sword fresh off a wax:

8611130843_d5918e8ace_o.jpg

I agree, Viking.

Finished the review for Baikanfu:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znjgY5aDf1U[/ame]

The Box: Beginning

Overview: 1:11

Rom and Leina: 4:21

Kenryu: 10:12

Transformation: 16:20

Baikandu: 22:12

#Gokin: 28:05

Final Thoughts: 28:37

Riobot Blodia, huh? Hmm...

You ever play Cyberbots - a 90's robot fighter. Im not sure it was ever relased here in the US. I had an import copy on PS1. An awesome game with some really great robot design. Blodia was pretty much the main hero robot piloted by Jin Satome from the Marvel Vs Capcom game. If you remember in that game the giant robot fist that crashed down on screen as his super move. Well that was Blodia's clawed hand. If you know all this then Im just rambling :wink1:
I know they at very least did Aussenseiter and Dyngengaur as well.

And with Boxes, for THESE mecha, yea I keep them. But, a lot of other lines, like Robot Spirits and stuff, I just went through tossing most of them, honestly.

That SOC Baikanfu is sick. Thats another one I regret passing on when he was released.

My new rule is that if it's not a big, reusable cardboard box like you said, then I'm not keeping it after a while.

Completely agreed.

SOC Baikanfu:

8610920541_4cf8f60e22_o.jpg

As for boxes Im with you TJ. I think the SOC boxes are beautiful. Robot spirits get the trash can.

I think cyberbots is available for download from PSN too (one of those untranslated psone downloads). I'm just a bit surprised that they made one. And now I'm intrigued but I'm not sure I can collect a another one off (though I did get Riobot Gurren instead of the SRC one)

I love the sd figures TJ!
I got the metalbox grendizer and I'm waiting on super mazinger by fewture.

Back