Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) and other Mecha - Official thread!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) - Official thread!!

Man, some of these Super-Robot DVD prices are through the roof!!
I really hope they re-release them soon...

BTW, I just wanted to show-off my new avi and sig!
:lol!

Nice sig Kuzeh, yeah I usually pick up the old classic super robot cartoons at cons...not saying its right, but every now and then you can find bootlegs for a good price as well... :monkey3

'sup Foe! :wave
I can find most of them @ Frank n' Son here in Cali,
that's how I got Great Mazinger...
The original Japanese DVD's are reaching $500.00 prices!! :horror!

In other news, I just scored this:

$(KGrHqJ,!p8E63Zwg4W(BO-Q5PJg4!~~60_12.JPG

:rock!

yeah thats crazy...$500. I mean I know there classics but I couldnt pay that. I paid $40 for my 6 disc set of Getter Robo G (Starvengers).
Im looking to get Dangard Ace, and Gaiking.

When I visited Korea I was looking for Tae Kwon V which was basically Koreas version of Mazinger on dvd, but only found 1 copy and of course it wasnt region free. Everyone I talk to has no clue about Tae Kwon V. Its pretty hard to come by, one day I'll find him.

* Great score, thats an awesome figure set of Maz.

Nice!!
I've never seen the Tae Kwon V on DVD ever!

I do however own this amazing print done by Korean artist Tae Young Choi

819_large.jpg

Got it @ SDCC a couple of years ago...
It's funny 'cus Koreans say Mazinger is based on it,...

bhagxk.jpg

One of my grails. Fewture getter 1. I'm so happy and I can't wait to get it. He's sitting right now in my pile of loot at bbts. My first fewture but not my first shogun warrior style figure. I grew up with Mazinger and Grendizer. I watched Transor Z and Mazinger even tho I don't understand spanish.

Nice!!
I've never seen the Tae Kwon V on DVD ever!

I do however own this amazing print done by Korean artist Tae Young Choi

819_large.jpg

Got it @ SDCC a couple of years ago...
It's funny 'cus Koreans say Mazinger is based on it,...

wow...sir that is amazing. Yeah I read that it had something to do with the fact that Japan and Korea had some tension between each other. So in the cartoon world when Maz was making it big, they wanted to out do Maz so they made Tae Kwon to counter program it so to speak. I remember seeing a few pieces of art where Tae Kwon pretty much destroyed Maz and maz is all busted and broken at TK's feet. Cool art.
bhagxk.jpg

One of my grails. Fewture getter 1. I'm so happy and I can't wait to get it. He's sitting right now in my pile of loot at bbts. My first fewture but not my first shogun warrior style figure. I grew up with Mazinger and Grendizer. I watched Transor Z and Mazinger even tho I don't understand spanish.

Lucky, I still dont have any of the fewture Getters, but i'll get one one day. If they did a Getter Dragon then im pretty sure Id pick it up. My all time favorite bot Getter Dragon (Star Dragon). Great stuff.

great thread, heres my contribution

my soc aphrodite and mazinger
DSCI0009.jpg

and fewtures mazinger and aphrodite figs with repaints
DSCI0020-1.jpg

DSCI0021-1.jpg

Oh wow Wavestuff you have the fewture garada. Nice one! I had one of the non-metal fewture mazingers but sold it a while ago. I regret that one.

@Deadghostknight nice collection you have there. I love Chogokin figs. Just the right amount of detail imo

bhagxk.jpg

Just be very careful when handling the wings on Fewture Getter 1. They break very easily. Congrats on getting him. He is an impressive figure.

bhagxk.jpg

Nice!!
Getter looks awesome!!

wow...sir that is amazing. Yeah I read that it had something to do with the fact that Japan and Korea had some tension between each other. So in the cartoon world when Maz was making it big, they wanted to out do Maz so they made Tae Kwon to counter program it so to speak. I remember seeing a few pieces of art where Tae Kwon pretty much destroyed Maz and maz is all busted and broken at TK's feet. Cool art.

Lucky, I still dont have any of the fewture Getters, but i'll get one one day. If they did a Getter Dragon then im pretty sure Id pick it up. My all time favorite bot Getter Dragon (Star Dragon). Great stuff.

:lol!
that's funny...

As for the Fewture figures, I had Aflodai and Mazinger, but sold them long ago,
as cool as they are, I prefer the simpler design of the originals...
the only exception is Mazinkaiser! :D

great thread, heres my contribution

my soc aphrodite and mazinger
DSCI0009.jpg

and fewtures mazinger and aphrodite figs with repaints
DSCI0020-1.jpg

DSCI0021-1.jpg

Those are the ones I had!
:monkey2
:lol

Hey guys thought I'd throw up a link to my chogokin collection if anybody wants a look :)

https://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/neodragon/chogokin.html

Wow dude!
Amazing collection!!
:clap

Oh wow Wavestuff you have the fewture garada. Nice one! I had one of the non-metal fewture mazingers but sold it a while ago. I regret that one.

@Deadghostknight nice collection you have there. I love Chogokin figs. Just the right amount of detail imo

thanks man i think i got it on e-bay when it was cheap haha i cant believe the asking price for that piece nowadays. i had a chance to get the three pack but like a loser i passed on it.

I remember about Garada being "affordable" too...
It's insane how much it's fetching now!!!
I passed on it so many times!!
:gah:!!

:lol!!

Yeah I had the fewture Garada and right out of the box his foot broke and I ended up selling him for $75. He looked awesome but just didnt live up to my hype I guess. Some great photos popping up.

I too passed on the garada like an idiot. It's insane what the price of it is now.

Yeah I had the fewture Garada and right out of the box his foot broke and I ended up selling him for $75. He looked awesome but just didnt live up to my hype I guess. Some great photos popping up.

haha the reason i dont open most of my figs is because i have this paranoia that they will fall apart when i open them. thats my biggest fear with the APU Matrix figs cause those were notable for falling appart at the waist. To an extent i feel i have acid hands because a lot of the figs i end up opening break on me like the kowloon soul army figs or the shinki ones or the hot toys ones.

haha the reason i dont open most of my figs is because i have this paranoia that they will fall apart when i open them. thats my biggest fear with the APU Matrix figs cause those were notable for falling appart at the waist. To an extent i feel i have acid hands because a lot of the figs i end up opening break on me like the kowloon soul army figs or the shinki ones or the hot toys ones.

Dude I'm exactly the same way. I've got a bunch of mcfarlane's halo figs and I want to open them but I'm scared I'll kill them.

I open most of my figures unless there really small or something that I like but not enough to have them out on display. In those cases prefer them to look nicely in there boxes or packages. That Garada figure, while he looked awesome, had some bad engineering from what Ive read around. No loss.

This just arrived!
I know some people aren't crazy about "cute" or "super-deformed",
but I dig some of them... besides,
there's very FEW Koji Kabuto figures out there...

P1100489.jpg

P1100492.jpg

P1100495.jpg

P1100496.jpg

P1100493.jpg

P1100494.jpg

Back