Max Payne movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More blood or violence wouldn't have helped. I know nothing about the story of the video game, but the movie was pretty boring and very predictable.

I guess it could have been more boring if Shyamalan had directed, but that's about the only way.

i saw the movie yesterday and i have yo say tha tsese kids did a great job!!!

I saw it and liked it. Didn't love it, but I liked it. It really felt watered down. Like they shot it R, but the studio made them go PG-13. Some of the people getting shot, are cut rather quickly and you mostly just see them flying instead of them actually getting shot. I honestly felt this was going to be an R movie from the previews, and then all of a sudden "Rated PG-13." I was surprised.

I have no doubt there will be an unrated DVD though. :rolleyes:

i saw the movie yesterday and i have yo say tha tsese kids did a great job!!!

I saw it and liked it. Didn't love it, but I liked it. It really felt watered down. Like they shot it R, but the studio made them go PG-13. Some of the people getting shot, are cut rather quickly and you mostly just see them flying instead of them actually getting shot. I honestly felt this was going to be an R movie from the previews, and then all of a sudden "Rated PG-13." I was surprised.

I have no doubt there will be an unrated DVD though. :rolleyes:

yeah i agree. this movie needed to be rated R. the games were rooted in violence,gore, and profanity. having to tailor it around PG13 just neutered it IMO. i still liked it, but i remember the games being so much more "gruesome"

Saw this today---not too bad, some of it was kind of boring, but it wasn't all that bad. I think more violence would have been nice---like how Hitman was, that wasn't the best movie but it was pretty fun to watch.

I went and saw it on Friday and I agree that it needed some more action but overall it wasnt a bad movie. Going R and having some more bullet time would have improved it IMO. Not as good as Hitman in the action game moives genre.

I didn't think it was a bad movie but I was dissapointed in it. For some reason it just didn't do it for me, it's definately a renter in my opinion.

Saw it. It sucked. Boring from start to finish. If the gun fights were bloody, and long, it may have saved the film for me....hey, if the last act has an amazing action scene, it can make the film awesome, even just for that moment....but it didnt. The action wasnt even cool.

I saw it today... a decent enough flick to catch at a matinee. Some parts were cool, but overall not must-see kind of movie.

However, I did have a fun annoyance; about 5 minutes after the movie starts some woman comes in with her friend carrying a sleeping baby! I was instantly pegging her for "mom of the year" and she did not disappoint. After about 10 minutes the kid starts crying and does so off and on for like 1/2 hour. She never takes the kid outside or leaves. So eventually I say "hey, take your kid outside already" and she replies "Mind your own business" :lol So I reply something to the effect that if I can't enjoy the movie its my business and she left mid-movie :rock

I don't care if people take a risk and bring their baby to a movie, but some movies (like this one) are not appropriate. And even if you do bring them as soon as they are a nuisance its time for your dumbass to leave :lecture

ALL movies are bad for babies. They shouldnt be allowed period.

I mostly agree... but if its like a matinee of a kids movie then I'm not as bothered, but something like this was extra messed-up. Same thing happened the 2nd time I saw TDK, although that mom at least made some effort and would take the kid out. Still though, not the kind of thing youngsters should be exposed too, that movie had some f'd up stuff :lol

No....kids need to shut up during a kids movie as well. Kung Fu Panda was hell to watch. I dont care who its for, shut that kid up.

This one kid, had a nice bright blinking necklace on the whole movie. That was annoying.

Also, kids, if you teach them well, can handle a lot. I saw Alien Resurrection in theaters when it came out....I was about 7 or so...(yes I'm young)the only thing that bothered me, was not the violence, or the Aliens (which I already adored, hence why my dad took me) it was this mother here....scared me to death until I was 12....

alien4-20.jpg

Back