MaulFan's ROTS Duel Film Still Gallery

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Incredible/Stunning work as always, Sean! :rock :rock :rock :rock

However, might I point out that your awesome pics actually showcase the lackluster factory paint apps on these two figures... particularly when compared to the likes of ANH Obi-Wan.

My thoughts exactly. If this had been done with good quality re-paints it would be like watching the film, or flipping through a making of book. Great work though, I love these, keep 'em coming. :rock :rock :rock

My thoughts exactly. If this had been done with good quality re-paints it would be like watching the film, or flipping through a making of book. Great work though, I love these, keep 'em coming. :rock :rock :rock

My DA repaints look 1000x better than the production figures. These two went from my most disappointing releases in the line (yes, even Obi-Wan) to two of my favorites. :rock

Christ on a bike !!!!! must have been a massive undertaking, theres so many !

Lighting and positioning to match everything up - cause they all do, incredibly well !

Gob smacked ! nuff said

Thanks Mooncat, that's pretty much why I didn't finish as many as I originally intended, the duel covered so many locales and such, the lighting changed for almost every shot. Old Ben was easier because I could get at least a dozen or so shots per lighting condition.

Great job as always Sean. Lots of fun watching you work your magic with these threads.

As far as Obi-Wan and Anakins paint jobs outside of Anakins lips I have no issues with either of them.

Carl do you really need to ask what kind of people would rate threads like this 1 Star? :lol

It was probably on 1 because of the default setting, aren't all threads 1 star until people start rating it?

Great shots MaulFan. They kind of have a Team America meets ROTS vibe going on. I rated this thread with 5 stars!!! And five dancing Chewie's:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew

52.jpg

Just remarkable Sean!

Josh...Here is your new sig:D

Get a life. :lol

Seriously, though, Sean ... these had to be a blast to do. Great fun. It's like making your own versions of the film, only in a sort of graphic novel/storyboarded form. You've illustrated here just how possible it is to use 12" figures and photography as a medium for telling a story. Given the market for fan fiction on the internet these days, it wouldn't hurt my feelings to see you take this ball and run with it, so to speak. Give it a go. Once you've perfected it in your own mind, do something original (storywise) and look for a place for publication -- either online or print. I think it'd be cool as hell. :D

Thanks Monk. The backgrounds wer simplistic, but I actually did do sort of a mini story of Asajj Ventress taking on Anakin, the Jedi, and ultimately being defeated by Obi-Wan. I also had started a storyline of Asajj and Maul but life was a little hectic for me at the time and it never concluded. Some of these figures just offer nearly endless creative possiblities, and those are the figures where the monetary investment never occurs to me because I get so much out of them.

You approached SS about using these for promoting the 1:6th SW line ?

Surely a showcase on the SS website is needed !

Cause these real do show SS products in the best light !

edit : hope you dont mind but I sent an email to Dusty about this !

You approached SS about using these for promoting the 1:6th SW line ?

Surely a showcase on the SS website is needed !

Cause these real do show SS products in the best light !

edit : hope you dont mind but I sent an email to Dusty about this !

Not at all, but Sideshow has already jumped on this a bit. I've produced 3 batches of desktop dallpapers for them featuring these still frame type images. 1 set using the 3 Endor Troopers, 1 set using Jabba and Bib Fortuna to celebrate the 30th Anniversary and CIV, and the last set I did was of Leia Boushh and Asajj Ventress. Asajj is a bit surreal because I put her into CW cartoon stills so you have a mix of realistic and artistic, but in some of them it works pretty well.

Great pics, but poor and ridiculous Figure...
The head sculpt of this two Sidehow figure is ashamed, Obiwan in particular.

The best maker on 1/6 figure is HT by far :cool:

That is so flipping awesome. One of us needs to get a stop motion animated camera and actually recreate that scene. It would take a year, but SO worth it.

:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

Well, the Nikon D60 has animation capabilities now, so that would actually work pretty well since you could create a stop-motion animation with quality like you would have with a regular photograph.

Back