Mattel ghostbusters conversion (update 12-28-2012 PG1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mattel ghostbusters conversion step by step

Nice progress Astro. Can't wait for your elbow pads.
Here's my Ray WIP.

Head by SPencer
Goggles by Dragon
Flightsuit by Hot Toys (dye)
webbelt by Dragon
Custom belt hook and belt gizmo
Gloves by Hot Toys (repainted)

IMG_4628.jpg

amazing as usual

So after much trial and error I finally came to this as my final pad
Untitled-1-7.jpg

the pad is cast in resin and has room for the elbow to bend. I didnt want to make it too tight so that the elastic wont snap and so the arms still be bent sharp. I also cut the tops and bottoms of the elastic to give it a frayed look just like in the film. If this gets the okay from you guys then ill start the run. Any comments/suggestions on these pads please let me know!

The pads look AMAZING Astro. I'm definitely in for a full set of 4 (8 elbow pads). Can't wait to see what the tighter versions look like! :rock :rock :rock

Id love to see a figure of Lewis! Ill update this with how to order over the next few days. Also here is some photos of the the pads made tighter, and you still get a full range of motion.

Untitled-1-8.jpg

Little bit of an update on what Ive done. the trap is nicks with the mattel pedal and a new wire. I also totally redid Rays ecto goggles, and added a screen accurate gun tip.
Untitled-1-9.jpg

nice astro!! what did u do to the goggles and gun tip?

Little bit of an update on what Ive done. the trap is nicks with the mattel pedal and a new wire. I also totally redid Rays ecto goggles, and added a screen accurate gun tip.
Untitled-1-9.jpg

Jesus these figures are so cool that i'm starting to feel the necesity of making them a background or like a dio to display them...:rolleyes:

Great work Astro!:banana

you wont be the only one mate ahah! i got an idea or two for myself for display back grounds or bases already hehe

Jesus these figures are so cool that i'm starting to feel the necesity of making them a background or like a dio to display them...:rolleyes:

Great work Astro!:banana

Excellent Teabelly, we should start a new topic then!!!!!!!!!! We could share some thoughts!

SAl

ah yeah caza, altho i wana get the figures done 1st b4 ithink about bases or anything. well at least 1 of the guys done hehe.

Back