Mattel: DC Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll be one of the few. Most DCUC collectors are HATING this new 52 crap being shoved down our throats :lol

And that's why I'm not bothering to read anything on the Fwoosh boards about it. I've never seen some many people apparently being forced into a hobby they can't stand :rotfl

I'm actually pretty happy I skimmed down from buying everything DCUC to just Batman figures. While I will like having a nicely articulated Red Robin on my shelf, I have no interest in the others. Just like DCDirect, Mattel has been leaning more and more toward the modern era. And out of the modern stuff, Batman is really the only thing that interests me.

But when it comes to the classic versions, things get more challenging for me. That Legion set was really hard to pass up on.

You have a point on the Magog thing...maybe someone at Mattel has a thing for KC??? Wouldnt it be like them to start a new roster of characters with all the favorite teams still hanging in the wind...

Both Modern and Golden age JSA teams need to be finished yesterday...and we need some villains like Vandal Savage, Johnny Sorrow, Shade, The Rival, and Roulette for good measure, too.

Just an FYI, in case it didn't reach here from the Fwoosh. Apparently Nekron isn't coming with his scythe! WTF Mattel! That thing was clearly advertised for months at cons, online, etc. I'm going to be pissed if we don't end up with it!

Just an FYI, in case it didn't reach here from the Fwoosh. Apparently Nekron isn't coming with his scythe! WTF Mattel! That thing was clearly advertised for months at cons, online, etc. I'm going to be pissed if we don't end up with it!

I saw the scythe in pics online, but not at SDCC or NYCC. That should have been a red flag.

It won't have the accessory. There have been some collectors that have their wave 20 set and it indeed does not come with the scythe.

As SG said, it was not shown at any of the more recent cons and if I'm not mistaken, Mattel confirmed it in a Q&A.

Yeah I've been lurking over at Fwoosh and did see the firestorm when this was going down. Cant believe some folks still see ways to apologize for this type of ____. I mean hell, any immediate releases of any f_ing Blackest Night or Brightest Budkis characters should come with Nekron's scythe! I would have thought for SURE by now they'd have announced a BL Supes, since even in the book there was no decay, so instant repaint for them would net us the damn scythe! Hell, why not throw another Hal Jordan in there while they are at it and box it up and get it to TRU. At least with the scythe, that two pack would sell.

My area (when I lived in East Lansing, MI) had tons of mainstream Cap but no KC :(

Just think, if you'd have cashed in on Matty's dimbus distribution then, you'd be a rich man now....well maybe not rich, but a LOT of folks are looking for that figure now. Why he was never All-Star'd is beyond me, but maybe he'll see re-release in the Nu All Star sets.

I wasn't too interested in Nekron anyway, but I'm pissed about the scythe-- The one thing that would have sealed the deal and give a flash-in-the-pan character visual appeal, and they leave it out. Typical f&^%ing Mattel. I'm glad I got a sub and the All-Stars are going to be cherry-picked. Now let's hope they don't screw that up. And I realize Red Robin as pictured is more DG or Jason, but I'd bet money Mattel will say it's Tim. Still gonna get him either way, but other than RR, wave 2 is a complete dud. Mattel can keep their DCNU garbage.

I wasn't too interested in Nekron anyway, but I'm pissed about the scythe-- The one thing that would have sealed the deal and give a flash-in-the-pan character visual appeal, and they leave it out. Typical f&^%ing Mattel. I'm glad I got a sub and the All-Stars are going to be cherry-picked. Now let's hope they don't screw that up. And I realize Red Robin as pictured is more DG or Jason, but I'd bet money Mattel will say it's Tim. Still gonna get him either way, but other than RR, wave 2 is a complete dud. Mattel can keep their DCNU garbage.

:lecture Sums up my feelings perfectly. I have no interest in the DCnU figures, the only thing that could have pulled me in was if they had kept the C&C concept with occasional classic offerings. I will cherry pick the classic figures from the line, but so far none of them are "must-haves". While I'll miss picking up whole sets of classic characters, the change probably comes at the perfect time, just as Marvel Legends are returning.

Back