Mattel: DC Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since we already got Catman and it looks pretty good, too, i wouldn't want it near the sub. I've been to another forum where they put out such ridiculous suggestions on which characters to get from the sub. I am all for getting the most characters but I want to finish off some teams first. Captain Marvel Jr., Metal Men, Speedy, Killer Croc, Dr. Light ( both versions) I think that would be cool as a 2-pack.

Since we already got Catman and it looks pretty good, too, i wouldn't want it near the sub. I've been to another forum where they put out such ridiculous suggestions on which characters to get from the sub. I am all for getting the most characters but I want to finish off some teams first. Captain Marvel Jr., Metal Men, Speedy, Killer Croc, Dr. Light ( both versions) I think that would be cool as a 2-pack.
:goodpost: Mattel, listen to this man.

Got it! I agree, Starman is just plain bunk! Somebody suggested an alternate head for it. Maybe a shovel for an accessory?

Maybe he's a test to see if they can get Donna Troy correct? They'd be cool.
Too bad for the GB fans. I guess what the dcuc folks were saying about no way is there more gb fans than dc was right!

I bet we'll see a member of the Metal Men, Doomsday, Elasti-Girl and a surprise classic member or two. Mattel knows the fans aren't exactly ecstatic with them right now, so they know the next few sub figures are pretty important and really need to cater to the diehards.

You assume Mattel uses logic when planning out these lines...

DcFett and I are completist, so I'm sure we'll be happy with whatever they release. But my faith lies in the Four Horsemen and their ability to make even the corniest characters look great in 3D plastic form.

But I have no illusions about Mattel's ability to really muck shat up. I totally think they're gonna offer some more WTF guys along with a couple team members from the incomplete teams. They will totally hold some back to use as incentive to sign up next year.

Last edited:
The only figures I don't have from this line is the unmasked batman beyond and unmasked deathstroke and the scarecrow ( damn that elusive scarecrow) but i still consider myself a completist.

While it was in the regular line, i was happy with the off the wall characters that Mattel has been giving us; i.e. Killer Moth, young Starman, Dr. impossible vigilante, etc..

However, as I grudgingly bought the subscription, I find myself really making sure I get my money's worth as I already feel that I paid excessively for a lineup I don't even know. Ah well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the next year brings us and whatever Mattel chooses to give us.

If you consider yourself a completist, you should be good with whatever they throw our way in the subscription, right?

You assume Mattel uses logic when planning out these lines...

DcFett and I are completist, so I'm sure we'll be happy with whatever they release. But my faith lies in the Four Horsemen and their ability to make even the corniest characters look great in 3D plastic form.

But I have no illusions about Mattel's ability to really muck shat up. I totally think they're gonna offer some more WTF guys along with a couple team members from the incomplete teams. They will totally hold some back to use as incentive to sign up next year.

Yeah, I don't think we'll see a complete Metal Men in 2012. But I do think we'll see a finished team in 2013 if the sub is picked up again. I bet they even use Platinum as motivation to make people sign up for the subscription.

I used to be a completist myself up until two weeks ago (had everybody but naked Cheetah). Since then I've sold off almost all my non-Batman related figures on ebay, and am selling the rest of the stragglers over on the DC Direct message boards. I started off as a Batman collector, and now my collection has just spiraled out of hand, so I've had to thin it down a bit. I'm much happier with just the bat-cast on my shelf.

Also, this way I can afford some Hot Toys offerings...

And speaking of oddballs, anybody else really want a Ragman?

If you consider yourself a completist, you should be good with whatever they throw our way in the subscription, right?

Not in the Subscription. My passion for the line ended at wave 20. I feel more pickier for whatever character comes out of the subscription. I decided to test out the first year of subscription to see if Mattel is going to be providing us with good choices of characters. I wanted to see if it is going to be worth it. As much as I feel that the Starman figure seems a lazy figure, I can live with it and it would be better if it came with an unmasked head. But I really wish Poison Ivy had stayed with the Legacy line to free up a spot for another character.

If I were Mattel, I would do one character from each team they have to finish every subscription. For example each subscription year would release one from JSA, one from JLA, A villain or two, one from the magic users etc. one from the Metal Men, One from the Suicide Squad, etc...

But for now, It's getting harder for me to recapture the enthusiasm I had for the line when it was just coming out in waves. But who knows what we will get from the new DC line from Mattel?

Rex - sorry to hear about your selling off most of your DCUC. When I stop i will probably retain my figures just 'cause I love looking at my Wall of Dc.

Not in the Subscription. My passion for the line ended at wave 20. I feel more pickier for whatever character comes out of the subscription. I decided to test out the first year of subscription to see if Mattel is going to be providing us with good choices of characters. I wanted to see if it is going to be worth it. As much as I feel that the Starman figure seems a lazy figure, I can live with it and it would be better if it came with an unmasked head. But I really wish Poison Ivy had stayed with the Legacy line to free up a spot for another character.

If I were Mattel, I would do one character from each team they have to finish every subscription. For example each subscription year would release one from JSA, one from JLA, A villain or two, one from the magic users etc. one from the Metal Men, One from the Suicide Squad, etc...

But for now, It's getting harder for me to recapture the enthusiasm I had for the line when it was just coming out in waves. But who knows what we will get from the new DC line from Mattel?

Rex - sorry to hear about your selling off most of your DCUC. When I stop i will probably retain my figures just 'cause I love looking at my Wall of Dc.

That's not a bad idea for the subscription. It would certainly help keep it balanced, and I hope they use a similar approach. Keep in mind they'll probably throw in a Superman or Batman related character here and there to please the more mainstream fans. I think Doomsday is a given in this line.

I'm really hoping for some Outsiders myself (I consider the original team Batman related, since they were essentially Batman's strike force).

And honestly, it's actually pretty nice to thin the collection down to what I love the most. I'm enjoying my shelves much more without characters I had no real interest in (Sinestro Corps, Red Lantern, etc.). Also, I've freed up enough shelf space to display my classic Batman: The Animated Series figures, and my new Hot Toys shelf.

Pretty soon I'll have enough room to display my JLU Batman related characters. I still have to sell off my entire non-Batman JLU, Super Powers, and Teen Titans collections. Sigh. Not quite up to the energy required to head back to ebay yet...

Matty only. DCNU will take its place next year at retail. Reboot crap. Should have info in 3 weeks or so with NYCC.

Actually Mattel stated that it wasn't just reboot figures. There would be some new designs and some classic designs. But the new retail series will be mostly main tier characters, similar to the DC Super Heroes series that preceded DC Classics.

%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CMTW1796lg.jpg

Back