Matcha's Paints + Repaints. Walter White WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MatchaJelly

Super Freak
Reaction score
Decided to come back from the dead and paint more action figure heads, and maybe start taking commissions? I use pastels and Acrylics.

Rainman Dexter

b4TtKNF.jpg

u1DF1ba.jpg

npHIcRf.jpg

v95Agov.jpg

SGfKglU.jpg

WAHceAe.jpg

Rb5iwvs.jpg

Snake Plissken Repaint

AzeDcbB.png

g6hfV2i.png

ncI84jl.png

94gaZXY.png

Rainman the Dude WIP

GkDuuj5.jpg

4Zi7Pna.jpg

quW08Oe.jpg

RpY0p1j.gif

XsqV6n4.jpg
GMHhfT5.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Painting my first Head [Dexter] WIP

Better than stock paint if you ask me. Great job

Thank you so much guys! I wish I could have worked on it more during summer, I love Fall but it gets dark super early, and when I get back from work, there is never enough light.

Also, does anyone know what Dexter's eye color is? Most screenshots have it Hazel? Some seems green/blue, in Rainman's paint job.

I would say you got it very close including the eye colour! Very cool!

Thank you so much guys! I wish I could have worked on it more during summer, I love Fall but it gets dark super early, and when I get back from work, there is never enough light.

Also, does anyone know what Dexter's eye color is? Most screenshots have it Hazel? Some seems green/blue, in Rainman's paint job.

There green

Very nice work , what is uv-cut spray?

@Joel, thanks! Ill try to finish his eyes. Soo tempted to add some blood XD

@ Hidden J Uv-Cut is often used on Ball Jointed Dolls. Artists paint their doll faces with acrylics, pastels, watercolour pencils or airbrush. They then seal the face up or the doll with MSC flat or MSC UV Cut.

Since the heads are casted in resin, and resin usually yellows overtime or under sunlight or some lightning, some people spray it with the UV cut to prevent or slow down the yellowing. All the doll collectors worry about yellowing because it decreases the value of the doll ( Some heads from Volks for example cost 200$ to 1000$, understandable why they do everything they can to slow the yellowing process)

Also, with the spray, I can layer the pigments to create more natural undertones.

@Joel, thanks! Ill try to finish his eyes. Soo tempted to add some blood XD

@ Hidden J Uv-Cut is often used on Ball Jointed Dolls. Artists paint their doll faces with acrylics, pastels, watercolour pencils or airbrush. They then seal the face up or the doll with MSC flat or MSC UV Cut.

Since the heads are casted in resin, and resin usually yellows overtime or under sunlight or some lightning, some people spray it with the UV cut to prevent or slow down the yellowing. All the doll collectors worry about yellowing because it decreases the value of the doll ( Some heads from Volks for example cost 200$ to 1000$, understandable why they do everything they can to slow the yellowing process)

Also, with the spray, I can layer the pigments to create more natural undertones.

Ann I see mr hobby flat , wonder how hard it is to get in the uk
As they have restricted paint and aerosol in the post.
Is the flat truly flat and no sheen?

The skin detail is great on Dexter would love to see some blood too!

The skin detail is great on Dexter would love to see some blood too!

I am painting the head for my boyfriend, so not sure if he wants down and dirty Dexter or regular Joe Dexter haha. I still need to try making him a green shirt, or any of his outfits.

@Hidden Jitsu It is pure flat! The only reason there is a shine is because I used Matte Medium to achieve the skin tones ( Many layers of pigments, plus Medium + Spray ) Normally it's super flat finish. If you coloring with Airbrush, it gives a beautiful finish. ( people usually use this MSC Flat for gundam kits then Doll people just started using it )

It might be hard to find, I was lucky a Anime Store carried it since they have Gundam Kits to purchase.

Anyways I finished painting his eyes since the weather was providing decent light!

FDeEQv1.jpg

Paint for the eyes!

zcMwnU8.jpg

tGHQd6m.jpg

Layering the green saturated color for his eye.

OLMXUIk.jpg

Added an Ochre layer to subdue the Green but not to lose the tint while providing depth.

fAaPY7o.jpg

Pupil!

ZDYyVzV.jpg

Toned it down another notch. They say he has green eyes, they kinda appear on photos Hazel Green.

SGfKglU.jpg

Final stage adding the shine! 2 coats of varnish on his eyes and lips! :thud:

Re: Painting my first Head [Dexter Finished Photos Page2!]

Damn you're good!
Impressive specially for a first time painting a 1/6 head.
Love the multiple layers of skin tones.

Those eyes look Evil! Great job. :clap

Yeah, that is incredible. The best I have ever seen that Head Sculpt look, the skin and eyes look real!

I never thought the sculpt looked like MCH but wow I guess an excellent paint job will bring him out.

Thanks guys! Here's some extra pics without mah fingers. I also started making a prototype of his shirt, nothing fancy though. Still debating about the blood.:thud:
Also if you guys know what body would suit him best, let me know, I am still a bit newbie when it comes to bodies >_<

sM6myyp.jpg

WAHceAe.jpg

JtqmkqZ.jpg

9KBbBZm.jpg

Rb5iwvs.jpg

Looks amazing, love those eyes! :wave

Back