Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started watching the 2002 (ish) updated series "He-man and the Masters of the Universe" and after starting at Pixel Dan's youtube reviews, ended up picking up the Ultimates figs off ebay. Prices are fair on Ram Man and Teela (surprising on her), but He-man and Skeletor were expensive compared to those two. And had to score an Anti-Eternia He-man. Looked very cool.

Gonna try to score the Ultimates Faker

Sad that stupid 7 dosnt want to keep he-man and skeletor around for new collectors. Guess they wanna kill the line and focus on the retro ones.

What is the deal with Super7? Do they own the license now or just sublicensing it from Mattel?

Yeah, just licensed from Mattel. No toy company would sell their rights to an original property unless they were seriously hurting. Plus with a possible He-Man film in the works, Mattel would want to be able to make movie figures when that time comes.

Yeah, just licensed from Mattel. No toy company would sell their rights to an original property unless they were seriously hurting. Plus with a possible He-Man film in the works, Mattel would want to be able to make movie figures when that time comes.

Thanks, playing serious catch-up. At first I thought that Super 7 was the new name of the Four Horsemen, but when I saw reviews that had Super 7 on the box,, and not Mattel, I wasn't sure.

Though I watched the original cartoon when I was a kid, never saw this 2002 version. The dvd I got was pretty bad quality. Not sure if the widescreen aspect hurt the image quality, cause it has a jagged look at times. But, its a fun show.

He-man.org lists a 1990 cartoon, but confused with what I see as 200x..

Was this He man 200x a limited run show?

200x is the myp version. Looks like an updated version of the 80’s cartoon.

the 90’s version was a direct sequel to the 80’s cartoon, amd was basically he-man in space, unless I misremember.

200x is the myp version. Looks like an updated version of the 80’s cartoon.

the 90’s version was a direct sequel to the 80’s cartoon, amd was basically he-man in space, unless I misremember.

He-man in space = the death of He-man

I really enjoyed the series from 2000s. I thought it was a great update to the original. The figures were great too actually, but the distribution was terrible. You got one side character to every 4 different versions of he-man and skeletor. It was too hard to track done the rest of the line. I remember pegs of he-man figures from that line warming the shelves at Kay-Bee.

Some of the toy and character designs were good, just... not very Masters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7CxVXRzRtM

"I am Adam of Greyskull!" ah, wut? Good thing that version died off..........that looks like a generic white boy

I really enjoyed the series from 2000s. I thought it was a great update to the original. The figures were great too actually, but the distribution was terrible. You got one side character to every 4 different versions of he-man and skeletor. It was too hard to track done the rest of the line. I remember pegs of he-man figures from that line warming the shelves at Kay-Bee.

If I remember correctly, the original vintage line had the opposite problem. No he-mans......sounds like they were trying to prevent that from happening, but went too far the other way

Do not waste your time on the New Adventures of He-Man. It's utterly bad and utterly unwatchable.

The 2002 MOTU won an Emmy for the episode The Power of Grayskull. The 2002 MOTU series is excellent in my opinion. It amazes me how so few people saw it and that it's not on Netflix like the Filmation stuff.

Do not waste your time on the New Adventures of He-Man. It's utterly bad and utterly unwatchable.

The 2002 MOTU won an Emmy for the episode The Power of Grayskull. The 2002 MOTU series is excellent in my opinion. It amazes me how so few people saw it and that it's not on Netflix like the Filmation stuff.

Thanks for the advice: intro alone was pretty bad. May check it out just out of morbid curiosity. May not. LOL

Yeah, on Volume two of the 2002 show and love it. My only beef: it was put into widescreen, and wonder if some of the jagged edges of the animation seen on this dvd set is attributable to that.

Noob question: was the story from this 2002 era version continued on in comics or some other media?

NA He-Man was horrible but the 4H did the figures justice in the Classics toyline. Hopefully Super 7 finishes the NA lineup

Thanks for the advice: intro alone was pretty bad. May check it out just out of morbid curiosity. May not. LOL

Yeah, on Volume two of the 2002 show and love it. My only beef: it was put into widescreen, and wonder if some of the jagged edges of the animation seen on this dvd set is attributable to that.

Noob question: was the story from this 2002 era version continued on in comics or some other media?

Which DVD set do you have? They did a bluray too.

The final episode of the second second season was written but never animated. They did however make a comic of the season two finale that came with the DVD set. When you watch the final episode, I can give you a run down of the comic.

They also had big ideas for a season three, which again, I will tell you about when you finish the DVD set so as to not spoil it. :)

Which DVD set do you have? They did a bluray too.

The final episode of the second second season was written but never animated. They did however make a comic of the season two finale that came with the DVD set. When you watch the final episode, I can give you a run down of the comic.

They also had big ideas for a season three, which again, I will tell you about when you finish the DVD set so as to not spoil it. :)

Sounds good. Bummer it did not last longer. Far as I know, I have the 3 volume (each) set........dvd put into widescreen. Got the first two locally for $24 total. Ordered volume 3 from ebay

There’s a blu ray of the 2002 series???

Also had no idea they did a comic to close it off. Any links to buy it and how did it end?

Back