Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. Dont destroy the fun for everyone. (Just send me a PM.)

Have fun over there. Are you already in San Diego?

(Oh and if you happen to run into any SDCC Turtles sets... )

Thanks man! I'm nervous but excited. We not there yet, leaving wednesday. :)

Eamon, you will have art work displayed?

Well I got at least one Mezco figure that I know of. I also did the Mattel DC Superhero Girls SDCC Exclusive illustrations and packaging artwork. I dunno if they will have a graphic display with the characters I drew but that would be nice. Not much I know but I'm happy. :)

One of the big reasons I am going this year though is to attempt to pimp out my 32 page graphic novel/movie pitch which I am now shamelessly going to post the cover of below :)

The-Gatekeper-Cover.jpg

That's beautiful stuff Eamon! I've been working on my own thing for a bit but it's a tad more macabre.
Necro Nancy 020614.jpg

Received my Super7 Ultimates order last night and I'm very pleased! They all look fantastic. I had a chance to open and photograph one last night, so I chose Ram Man.

36186960641_ff56fb4a70_b.jpg

36186977521_a3f396f96f_b.jpg

36154875842_d1ab577e62_b.jpg

36279325126_200e5871cd_b.jpg

Great pictures and glad to see the Super7 are delivering quality figures from the 'Classics' range. Makes me excited for the upcoming filmation wave I have on pre-order

I have been with the line since the very beginning and besides one or two exclusives and two velichles I have owned them all at one point and I have to say the Ultinate He-Man, Skeletor and Teela are now my favorites from the entire line and brought back a lot of enthusiasm for me. Something about the cards and the attempt to really make it look like the original packaging gave it a great nalstalgic feeling. I never keep things mint on card but for these three I am so happy I bought doubles because I am probably going to display them both ways. Hopefully they do an Ultimate Man-At-Arms and Beastman.

Sadly I am only going to be cherry picking from here on out though. As long as they stick to the main characters for filmation I will get them and as for Classics there really aren't that many left I think I will be getting. Ones from the movie are definite buys oddly enough but beyond that it don't know. For the Ultimates there are probably 8 figures or so I'd buy if they came out in that format with all the accessories and extra heads but that's probably it.

Super7 is definently delivering the quality so it's a shame they were not able or didn't want Thundercats as well. I would have loved to have had the main good and bad teams or even just Tigra, Chetara and Mumra in his powerful form.

I got mine too and like guys I am rather impressed by the quality too. I think we were all a little worried and for me Teela was the big tell as to how good S7 final product would be even if using the same manufacturer. As to me Teela was the most finely done figure when first released. But the paint apps across the board are great. There is no wash on the bodies I noticed which does I feel look good, especially on Skeletor where the recesses have darker tones. But over all, I am happy to be spending money with S7 going forward.
The card back art is nicely done and reminiscent but man the composition needed a look at as you have images of He-Man on these with the top of his head cut off on both which really looks sloppy and not thought out (you also don't usually sign your packaging art nor was it done back in the 80's let alone having three names). Then there's the type and some other things that would make a graphic designer do a face palm which should gave been caught before print. But the over all presentation is great and it all looks very nice on display. Yeah a resealable packaging would've been nice but I am leaving these on card anyways.

Over all I am quite happy.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 9.jpg
    FullSizeRender 9.jpg
    400.2 KB · Views: 323
  • FullSizeRender 10.jpg
    FullSizeRender 10.jpg
    712.3 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_1994.jpg
    IMG_1994.jpg
    381.3 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_1993.jpg
    IMG_1993.jpg
    344.2 KB · Views: 327
Really wish Super 7 would continue the "Ultimates" line, in addition to the other lines they have going on.

Would love to see Wave 2 re-releases on classic cards for:

- Fisto
- Sorceress
- Scareglow
- Trap-Jaw
- Evil-Lyn

These five command some pretty hefty $$ on the aftermarket, so it would be a great way
to keep the line going and help late-comers to the line fill in their collections.

Other honorable mentions that would be nice to have in the same packaging style:

- Man-At-Arms
- Kobra Khan
- Hordak
- Whiplash
- Clawful
- Buzz-Off
- Beast-Man

Yeah but I had a previous commitment to a friend's Film festival and turned out to be the same weekend... and seems like this year is going to be particularly great...
oh well... such is life!

Well the film festival might have more opportunities for you work wise than Power-Con I think.

Back