Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm the same as Eamon, I've got a couple of troopers flanking Hordak and that's enough for me. Army building would look cool but my MOTUC collection is already taking up a lot of space in my display cabinets. I'm more excited about the Roton, although I wont be picking it up until it goes on sale with a decent discount.

Also fwiw, someone on IG is claiming to have found a He-Man in store. I did check online and nothing came up near me, but it may be worth popping in if you have one near by.

I don't know much about MOTUC figures (I only have a couple), but a ThinkGeek store opened by my office and they had a bunch of He-Man figures (including the Anti-Eternia He-Man, as well as a bunch of the figures that are available from Mattel on Walmart.com and Mattel Shop). Those figures were between $28 - $34 each.

They also had a few "Filmation" He-Man in different packaging for $40.

They also had a bunch of Thundercats (Panthro, Jackalman, female character who was not Cheetara) for $34 each.

I decided to drop the line so not much excitement for a re-release. I like what Super7 is doing but I am not going all in again.

I don't know much about MOTUC figures (I only have a couple), but a ThinkGeek store opened by my office and they had a bunch of He-Man figures (including the Anti-Eternia He-Man, as well as a bunch of the figures that are available from Mattel on Walmart.com and Mattel Shop). Those figures were between $28 - $34 each.

They also had a few "Filmation" He-Man in different packaging for $40.

They also had a bunch of Thundercats (Panthro, Jackalman, female character who was not Cheetara) for $34 each.

What's up with all these Filmation He-man's popping up now....these were all supposed to be sold out :lol Mattel must not want to make money.No wonder why they are struggling as a company in the toy market

I'm not finding this Filmation He-Man in wrong packaging, I am thinking you might have made a mistake Gregorbian.

I'm betting from reading his post that he isn't very familiar with MOTUC. He said he only had a couple and they are in the regular classics packaging I'd assume. So he saw the Filmation He-Man in the Club Grayskull packaging and thus there was the "different packaging". Not a hard mistake to make if you aren't super-familiar with the line. My apologies if I'm assuming too much!

I'm betting from reading his post that he isn't very familiar with MOTUC. He said he only had a couple and they are in the regular classics packaging I'd assume. So he saw the Filmation He-Man in the Club Grayskull packaging and thus there was the "different packaging". Not a hard mistake to make if you aren't super-familiar with the line. My apologies if I'm assuming too much!

That sounds like what I saw. They had a bunch of the MOTUC figures in the regular "blister" style packaging, then the Filmation He-Man in a box style package (not a mailer box). Sorry for any confusion!

Also - the Thinkgeek store removes the mailer boxes from their Thundercats figures, but I saw a few Thundercats figures in Gamestop with the mailer boxes (I assume they were the mailer boxes - they were black and had the character's name on it).

This whole random hard-to-find figures popping back up in the Mattel Store, Think Geek, Gamestop, etc.
really shows just how bad mattycollector.com was. SOLD OUT my ass.

Yeah,Roton SOLD OUT! :lol Whatever

I am not paying $125 plus tax for it.....They reduce it to $75 and I'll bite

Man, that whole sale fiasco at the Mattel website was something else. First they make no announcement at all about what time the sale would start, same with the Horde Trooper. I had been checking periodically, hours before on the Horde Trooper and kept seeing that it was still not available. I checked again at 10 am, yesterday morning and saw that it still wasn't available, so I thought that maybe they would start selling it at 11:00 am central time (9:00 pacific), because that's when the Matty Collector site used to start their sales. This was pure speculation on my part, but since they didn't announce any specific times, there was really nothing official to go on. Despite my hunch being that perhaps the Horde Troopers were going to go on sale at 11:00 am, I decided to check again at a few minutes after 10, and they were, in fact, up for sale this time. Unfortunately, when I tried to add it to my cart, apparently some kind of glitch kept me from completing the checkout. I made repeated attempts and was never able to complete the transaction. I kept attempting this throughout the morning until eventually the website was updated with information saying that the Horde Trooper was no longer available. As infuriating as this all was, I attempted to make one other purchase from their sale. I saw that they had the clamshell cases back for sale, so I attempted to purchase some of those as I am a MOC collector and have been out of the clamshells for a while. Unfortunately trying to order these was pretty much the same ordeal. In this instance it let me add them to the cart, but it would not let me complete the checkout. It must have been a similar glitch. I made repeated attempts to complete the transaction and was never able to do so. Eventually this product was removed from the site completely, so I assume it has also sold out. I thought about speaking to their customer service, but I know it will do no good. For years I was a regular subscriber to Matty's Masters of the Universe Classics line, but I know there are a lot of people out there that have spent even more money on the line than me. I feel especially bad for anyone like that this wasn't handled better. I know the Horde Trooper was one of the more sought after figures, as a lot of people also missed out on the two pack version, so Mattel really should have expected this. But I have a feeling they just want to unload the remaining stock of what's left and be done with the line, once and for all. Still, it would have been nice for them to give some consideration to the people who kept Masters of the Universe Classics a successful line for them, for years.

Well, Super7 is a much more collector friendly option. They will probably re-re-release these figs if there is enough demand.

Yeah, I have no issues with Super7. I purchased a couple of their Ultimate Masters of the Universe figures and will probably pick up their first assortments of Classics and Filmation figures. Ultimately, how well the figures turn out will be a big factor in whether I stick with them, but so far, the prototypes look good, and I've been impressed with their communication with collectors.

I may bail on the ultimates actually. I was going to get them as I am a completest but I really do not need them.

Very excited about the Filmation figures though and I hope they come out well. They looks great so far.

I may bail on the ultimates actually. I was going to get them as I am a completest but I really do not need them.

Very excited about the Filmation figures though and I hope they come out well. They looks great so far.

I have mixed feelings about the Ultimate figures. The vintage style packaging looks great and it's a neat idea to have versions of the figures that basically come with every accessory, but at the same time, if you already have the figures from the first go round, it still amounts to re-buying the same figures. I ended up getting Ram Man because I wanted the version with the original cardback color scheme, and He-Man. Ended up passing on Teela and Skeletor though.

I have mixed feelings about the Ultimate figures. The vintage style packaging looks great and it's a neat idea to have versions of the figures that basically come with every accessory, but at the same time, if you already have the figures from the first go round, it still amounts to re-buying the same figures. I ended up getting Ram Man because I wanted the version with the original cardback color scheme, and He-Man. Ended up passing on Teela and Skeletor though.

Ah yes the packaging that's a less accurate and sloppy reproduction of the original vintage that took ten guys to do apparently. There original cards were already being used on the giant vintage so why not either reuse them or do something new like the original Four Horsemen mock ups from 2006 (very cool if you ever saw it). Missed opportunity there and a waste if money.

Anyways the little mini comic facades do look nice to me and IF i was to keep my preorder, then these figures would be left MIB for display.
I worry though how the Ultimates will effect over all sales and thus future releases.

The Filmations cannot get here soon enough. I dunno about you guys but I miss that monthly fix. :)

I'm pretty stoked about Filmation Man-At-Arm and Tri-klops!
Still need to order these guys though...

Congrats on the Roton. It's a pretty cool piece. I really like the Skelcon figure that's included, as well.

I pulled the trigger on ordering the first Super7 Filmation wave. I'm still on the fence with their first Classics wave. I haven't decided if I'm going to keep Tri-klops, but I'm definitely keeping Hordak, Man-At-Arms, and Teela.

Back