Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh it might not happen if you guys don't throw your money at us, but it definitely won't look anything like the prototype.

Yeah, the whole "Check out this amazing prototype! We're gonna need y'alls support to make this happen, but we're sure you guys are on board after what we just showed you. Now, let's get real here for a moment. We're not going to produce something as awesome as the prototype, but we'll try to make it almost as awesome." thing has gotten really old.

Do we know that's actually the case for Snake Mountain? If so sorry if I missed it.

Generally things seem to be handled better now like the sub being a much smaller buy-in as well as knowing most everything that will be in the sub. They also don't seem to be doing any kind of sub drive… at least not yet.

edit: I watched the video and they said that they will no longer be doing any drives but that they might have to do one for Snake Mountain. But it was still a maybe. Said they are still figuring it out.

From watching that it seemed like at the very least they are owning up to having sort of mis-managed the line in the past and been somewhat abusive of their fanbase.

Last edited:
They need to be simple in order to be faithful to the source material. I don't want a Heman or Skeletor with a bunch of unnecesarry details that didn't have to begin with :dunno

The details are necessary to make them fit in with the other figures. Otherwise these will have to be relegated to their own shelf, not taking advantage of the hundred of Classics items already made

Do we know that's actually the case for Snake Mountain? If so sorry if I missed it.

Generally things seem to be handled better now like the sub being a much smaller buy-in as well as knowing most everything that will be in the sub. They also don't seem to be doing any kind of sub drive… at least not yet.

edit: I watched the video and they said that they will no longer be doing any drives but that they might have to do one for Snake Mountain. But it was still a maybe. Said they are still figuring it out.

From watching that it seemed like at the very least they are owning up to having sort of mis-managed the line in the past and been somewhat abusive of their fanbase.

I would expect a pre-order like Castle Greyskull,where they will have to reach a certain number.The set will be priced over $300-400 plus shipping

They may even take deposits and or also have a payment plan option

I would expect a pre-order like Castle Greyskull,where they will have to reach a certain number.The set will be priced over $300-400 plus shipping

They may even take deposits and or also have a payment plan option

They talk about it in the panel video. They sound hesitant to go that route but that it might be the only way to do it. Which makes sense.

Actually, it's Filmation that wasn't faithful to the true source material. They simplified the designs to make it easier to animate.

The source material I was referring to was the cartoon kids grew up watching.

The details are necessary to make them fit in with the other figures. Otherwise these will have to be relegated to their own shelf, not taking advantage of the hundred of Classics items already made

They don't need to fit with the others because these represent the filmation cartoon, the other ones don't. The other figures are just updated versions of the original toy line.

They talk about it in the panel video. They sound hesitant to go that route but that it might be the only way to do it. Which makes sense.

don't care how they do it as long as this thing gets made :)

I understand that. Would especially suck if you're a completeist.

Oh, I was... for a very long time, actually. But it got a bit out of hand. In fact, I'm currently in the process of thinning down my collection considerably - getting rid of about 90% of what I have.

I guess if any of you guys are looking for stuff other than the very core characters, hit me up. :)

Anyway, the 2.0 versions they're doing are pretty cool. Not my cup of tea, but I dig the Filmation look. Someone else said something about Hasbro doing something similar with GI Joe... gawd, I wish!!!

I think they are meant to be their own thing, hence the different packaging and branding.

They need to be simple in order to be faithful to the source material. I don't want a Heman or Skeletor with a bunch of unnecesarry details that didn't have to begin with :dunno
Exactly. I'm not sure why folks are getting their undies in a wad about it. Mattel has released countless detailed, updated figures already for folks into those things. Now they're doing the more stylized versions from the cartoons, which are more simplistic, but also in my opinion frequently look much better due to the stylistic take. So, folks who are into those can have those now. Everyone wins, right? But then, my observations are that MOTU Classics collectors are some of the most pointlessly argumentative collectors I've seen, and this is someone who was around during the height of Batman Nolan-Mania.

Exactly. I'm not sure why folks are getting their undies in a wad about it. Mattel has released countless detailed, updated figures already for folks into those things. Now they're doing the more stylized versions from the cartoons, which are more simplistic, but also in my opinion frequently look much better due to the stylistic take. So, folks who are into those can have those now. Everyone wins, right? But then, my observations are that MOTU Classics collectors are some of the most pointlessly argumentative collectors I've seen, and this is someone who was around during the height of Batman Nolan-Mania.

Ah yes, the great wars of 2008 and 2012...many hours were lost, but they shall not be forgotten :lol Seriously though, I don't get the complaints, it's not like Mattel stopped making the regular figures. Personally, I like the classic figures, but I much prefer the animated style, even if they lack detail. That's the He Man I remember from when I was a kid anyway. Is it a sure thing that the Filmation figures will be available without subscription? Because I'm a cherry picker, and I'm only interested in Heman and Skeletor for now.

imo detail does not necessarily equal better. In fact detail can often times just cover up what is already a good design or disguise something that's bad. This is likely why Liefeld covers all his characters in as many pouches as he can.

I'm sure Snake Mountain is a go no matter what. Mattel is not going to invest in what appears to be an actual prototype of a play set if they don't intend to move forward with it. Castle Grayskull obviously sold well enough to justify a second, even larger play set.

I think there will be a pre-order, but it will be made regardless.

I just don't get the fascination with some of this line. What possible interest would an adult collector have in laser light he man? Sometimes this doesn't seem like a collector's line.

Nostalgia? iirc those two are two of the most sought after vintage figures. At least Skeletor is.

Back