Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's just my opinion, but I think most of these fan wishlists are too hardcore. Only the most die-hard collectors will care about any of these characters. Mattel has stated that 2015 is the last year of "Classics" so anything going forward will technically be a new line (even if it maintains the MOTUC style). Given that, I cannot imagine Mattel starting a new line and not having a bunch of A and B list figures. I'm sure they'll throw in the occasional obscure or previously unreleased figure to appease the die-hards, but surely not a whole years worth of those kind of figures. Of course, I could be wrong. Either way, I'm taking a wait-and-see approach with any new line. I definitely won't ever sign up for another subscription again.

Please keep things civil, Freaks.

Thread cleaned.

I..ah, well, you see we--um...

ok-then.gif

It's just my opinion, but I think most of these fan wishlists are too hardcore. Only the most die-hard collectors will care about any of these characters. Mattel has stated that 2015 is the last year of "Classics" so anything going forward will technically be a new line (even if it maintains the MOTUC style). Given that, I cannot imagine Mattel starting a new line and not having a bunch of A and B list figures. I'm sure they'll throw in the occasional obscure or previously unreleased figure to appease the die-hards, but surely not a whole years worth of those kind of figures. Of course, I could be wrong. Either way, I'm taking a wait-and-see approach with any new line. I definitely won't ever sign up for another subscription again.

I was thinking the same thing, especially after seeing Emiliano's concepts for a Masters of the Universe Signature Series. He even maintains that a re-branded line will still need the heavy hitters like He-Man, Skeletor, etc. etc.

No matter what is revealed, I will pass on the sub. Now that the vintage line up is almost done, I have no problem being a cherry picker at this point. Even if I have to pay a few more bucks on Flea-bay.

I'd much rather have improved 2.0s of the main characters than a bunch of one-off characters from NA and Filmation.

But, I suspect they're going to release a bunch of Filmation versions of the main characters, which isn't exactly what I'd want either. although I might pick up one or two of those depending on how they were executed.

The fact that Mattel doesn't do "2.0" versions and constant remakes is one of the reasons I enjoy MOTUC so much, even now when the line is dwindling down.

I kind of hate it when companies do this. I get collector burn-out - happened with Star Wars, Hot Toys, etc.

It's usually a retail thing, but I think at the very least a re-branded classics line needs to have a new He-Man and Skeletor. I wonder how they will execute them if this is in fact the plan.

The fact that Mattel doesn't do "2.0" versions and constant remakes is one of the reasons I enjoy MOTUC so much, even now when the line is dwindling down.

I kind of hate it when companies do this. I get collector burn-out - happened with Star Wars, Hot Toys, etc.

I understand that. Would especially suck if you're a completeist.

I only collect what I would call A and B list characters (characters that originally appeared from 1982-1985, plus the main Snake Men). My main interest in 2.0s would be for the purposes of replacing figures I already have that could use a bit more work. IE Beast Man in orange instead of brownish orange, or a He-Man with vintage accurate weapons and colors, or a Sorceress with better engineered wings and a corrected paint on the inside of the wings.

But none of that is likely to happen. I bet we'll get an orange Beast Man, but it will be a Filmation version with the red boots, which I don't want.

I feel this next year could be very interesting for the Classics. We got a Talon Fighter which is pretty darn impressive.

It must be s human thing to forget history so readily but every year I see the same conversations.

I understand that. Would especially suck if you're a completeist.

I only collect what I would call A and B list characters (characters that originally appeared from 1982-1985, plus the main Snake Men). My main interest in 2.0s would be for the purposes of replacing figures I already have that could use a bit more work. IE Beast Man in orange instead of brownish orange, or a He-Man with vintage accurate weapons and colors, or a Sorceress with better engineered wings and a corrected paint on the inside of the wings.

But none of that is likely to happen. I bet we'll get an orange Beast Man, but it will be a Filmation version with the red boots, which I don't want.

For real, those wings are weak sauce. So bulky.

I feel this next year could be very interesting for the Classics. We got a Talon Fighter which is pretty darn impressive.

It must be s human thing to forget history so readily but every year I see the same conversations.

We did? I've seen a custom talon fighter but not an official release...

Hey Eamon!

A pretty talented painter over at PCS appears to put your name under a phenomenal artwork in order to promote the most amazong He-Man/Battle-Cat set ever. Guess what, it worked! :lol

I was already going to order the excl. anyway but this drawing is the cherry on the cake. :rock So looking forward to having my own "Eamon" at home. Is the drawing "copy-signed" or "hand-signed"?

eamon_print_full.jpg

Hey Eamon!

A pretty talented painter over at PCS appears to put your name under a phenomenal artwork in order to promote the most amazong He-Man/Battle-Cat set ever. Guess what, it worked! :lol

I was already going to order the excl. anyway but this drawing is the cherry on the cake. :rock So looking forward to having my own "Eamon" at home. Is the drawing "copy-signed" or "hand-signed"?

eamon_print_full.jpg

I would say this is one of the top two pieces of official MOTU art produced since the 80s. The other one would be the Icon Heroes Castle Grayskull box art.

I would say this is one of the top two pieces of official MOTU art produced since the 80s. The other one would be the Icon Heroes Castle Grayskull box art.

Totally agree. It is a masterpiece. The spirit of MOTU has been captured perfectly.

Imagine if PCS gives as a Skeletor/Panthor set designed as a "mirrored" statue. How great would it be to have the two artworks next to each other. If this will ever happen, I will call my Motu collection "complete". Nothing to desire anymore.

We did? I've seen a custom talon fighter but not an official release...

We saw pic of the inner of Point Dread in a Mattel video presentation.

Hey Eamon!

eamon_print_full.jpg

Oh thanks man! I really do not know what the story will be on the signings as the statue is ages away yet.

Now that's high praise. I hope Mattel is listening. :)
Gerald Parel has done some of the finest MOTU art out there at the moment I think. He's the guy who did that print that came with the special edition of the art book and does great Conan covers for Dark Horse.

Don't know if it's been posted yet but apparently mondo is making Masters of the Universe 12 in figures. The figures are going to be based on artwork by Dave Rapoza.uploadfromtaptalk1436375462205.jpg

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Don't know if it's been posted yet but apparently mondo is making Masters of the Universe 12 in figures. The figures are going to be based on artwork by Dave Rapoza.View attachment 195101

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

I have a feeling these are going to be awesome but I think mondo is pretty costly when it comes to their figures, I probably won't be able to resist though :lol

Back