Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys.

I do have a mag glass. It's at work, or was till i grabbed it, and now it's back home.

As for the eyes, I'm not really worried about those at the moment. I have a custom waterslide decal set of eyes. They are just colored in know to get a better look at the face when I get closer to done. Right now I'm just experimenting with lip colors and eyeliner and eyebrows. I have not found a look I really like. I really don't like the lipstick look at all. Nor the darker eyeliner. But every incarnation of this character has both. From the 80s figure and cartoon to the myp stuff to classics. So I'm not sure.

I do like the clean up photoshop you did the best thus far, but I still am not digging the lips. I'll sleep on it and ask some folks on set when I get back to work.

Well every incarnation you've seen is 2d line drawings. You need to translate that in to 3d. You have already taken the liberty of making her cape feathers textured though not on her outfit which is odd.

Well every incarnation you've seen is 2d line drawings. You need to translate that in to 3d. You have already taken the liberty of making her cape feathers textured though not on her outfit which is odd.

Her outfit is textured. I've just not decided if I want to add low/highlights the paint to the feathers. The original toy has painted on feathers in light grey, but the classics figure is done how I have mine, just sculpted and painted white.

As for my reference...I'm not just using drawings...I'm using the 4h statue the classics toy, the vintage toy the 200x staction and then also the printed out screen grabs and so on.

And her feathers on the toys are all sculpted,mine are just painted a bit more realistically. They just look better for me. Most things I have no trouble pAinting. But faces,especially female,are just so hard. Human faces are about the hardest things to both sculpt (and draw) and paint (ink). Crazy hard.lol

I went and picked up some makeup from the store and sat at Macy's and watched makeup being put on and asked a bunch of questions. If I where still married I could ask her but alas, no longer possible. Lol

Woah! Check out this bootleg guys! Kind of disgusting...

276663.jpg

F
My suggestions to the sculpt:

Reduce width of jaw
Reduce size of nose
Remove sculpted eyebrows completely

Paint:

Lower eyebrows
Add eyeshadow and eye makeup
Smaller lips with a lighter shade of red
Color on eyes should be blue iris with blue pupil - white dot can be added for effect

If you do not own a magnifying lamp, I highly recommend picking one up.

View attachment 164687

Yeah so this was what Teemu was basically saying; just a bit more subtly. The issue is definitely the head being too male like. The rest of the figure is a tremendous effort though.
I don't think further paint will really make this any better? Needs some more tweaking and more precise paint apps around the eyes and lips.
I've only just read through this subject so hopefully you've addressed this issue already. Good luck!

Aw man I just got billed for this month's figures... Just shy of $100 for 3 figures. I shouldn't have subscribed. I'll be lucky if I even out at all helping other collectors.

No one seems to want Lizard Man and I can't see the 2-pack selling out at all.

So it looks like the heavily rumored 200X subscription is coming...

It’s almost time for the big reveals at this year’s New York Toy Fair. Yes, it’s industry only, but we know someone who knows someone, so… all the way from Caligar, here’s a special look at a figure that will be revealed at the show…

NYTF-tease_300px.jpg

We’ll have much more, including news about a new subscription club, so check back here on Sunday, 2/15 at 7:30 a.m. PT for all the details and more reveals.

Matty | News

Yep! Ceratus

Veena,Calix,Evil Seed,Prahvus,Kultak Eldor

Cherry picking for me

Teemu, any idea what the sub exclusive will be? Possibly a 200x Skeletor to go with the snake armor He-Man? I'm not at all eager to see the Talon as the vehicle this year! We need a ride for the villains.

Teemu, any idea what the sub exclusive will be? Possibly a 200x Skeletor to go with the snake armor He-Man? I'm not at all eager to see the Talon as the vehicle this year! We need a ride for the villains.

200x head pack or King Miro

How about a regular 200x He-Man for starters? I love the Snake Armor version but they should release a figure of the main character in the outfit he wore for most of the show. It would not be hard at this point. 200x shorts with the pouch, 200x wrist bands and a 200x harness and you have a winner! This figure should have been released a long time ago. Then 200x Skeletor and just pick any 200x characters you want to add from there. Better yet, how about a 200x He-man, 200x Skeletor MOTUC two pack and kill two birds with one stone?

what are the chances of them making a captain randor and the man at arms from 200x n by that i w/o the ram and with the heavy armor he had on the show also a new 200x he-man head those cheeks, makes him look like he is man-at-arm's son not a 200x he-man , the only thing that says 200x about that head is the hair and its color.

I am really excited about this latest batch of figures. Feels more like proper MOTU if will. Snake Armor He-Man, King Hsss and Ninjor?! Flippen sweet.

Her outfit is textured. I've just not decided if I want to add low/highlights the paint to the feathers. The original toy has painted on feathers in light grey, but the classics figure is done how I have mine, just sculpted and painted white.

I have mentioned in the past that I didn't agree with the decision by the 4HM to have her wings textured and her dress not. It's all supposed to be feathers. But it's your show. :)

Heh. I had a brain fart and forgot EA started today. For some reason I thought it was tomorrow. Oh well, I missed out. I was planning on trying to buy him, but I wasn't sure whether I actually liked him or if my interest was really because he is a chase figure. I guess since I'm really not too bummed about missing out on getting him that it must have been the latter.

I just want that King Hsss. I'm hoping to find someone looking to sell just him from the 2 pack. I'd rather not buy the 2 pack and have to bother with selling off Snake Armor He-Man.

Back