Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have no idea, I didn't sub for that...

I've always find it funny that people call out TG about his input in MOTUC, but if anyone could be in his shoes, they'd do the exact same thing... Some people will hate it, other would like it, and a lot would just ignore it!!

Someone who works in the Toy Industry has leaked this below.Not much of an incentive for me as I plan on cherry picking figures in 2015

"You know what, since Scott is going to make a huge message I am too- If people get the sub to go through for 2015 the incentive will be the mini-sub for 200x going on sale in February, but that's only if the sub goes through for this last year. I don't work for Mattel so there's no backlash that can happen to me. There you go everyone, no more speculation and now you know what you'll get."

So if the '15 sub goes through,the Mini-Sub will be 200x....which makes sense considering there really is no room for 200x characters in the 2015 sub

Yeah, I saw that posted on facebook. I may sign up for the 200X mini-sub depending on which characters will be in it. There's no way I'm signing up for the full 2015 sub though.

A 200X sub is logical, and would explain the dearth of 200X characters this year. Hope it happens.

A 200X mini sub would be sweet! It would pull 6-7 characters from most likely:

Snake Armor He-Man or Ice Armor He-Man ( maybe the exclusive?)
Evil Seed
Prahvus
Calix
Ceratus
King Miro
Veena
King or Captain Randor
Battle Armor Marlena
Kulatak Elder
Tuvar
Baddrah

So it would be classicized 200x characters?
Seems a bit far fetched to me...

it would be the 6 figure mini sub for 2015 (like Filmation and POP)....then we'd get characters like Evil Seed,Prahvus,Calix,Veena and whoever else.The figures would still be classics

it's 2016 that would no longer be classics....again,Toyguru is going to bring in his Son of He-Man...I don't care as long as we get Major Header,Rajar,hans hammer etc

200x mini sub would make me so very happy... Here is hoping. Everyone seen the end of the line artwork?

Oh yeah forgot to reply about the art! Awesome job Eamon, it looks great (I have yet to watch a single episode of Game of Thrones but plan to watch it eventually) and a very nice tribute to the original art. I'm shocked you haven't been pursued to do comic art? Or maybe you have and it isn't what you're looking to do? Because your She-Ra is outstanding also.

it would be the 6 figure mini sub for 2015 (like Filmation and POP)....then we'd get characters like Evil Seed,Prahvus,Calix,Veena and whoever else.The figures would still be classics

it's 2016 that would no longer be classics....again,Toyguru is going to bring in his Son of He-Man...I don't care as long as we get Major Header,Rajar,hans hammer etc

Figures of the CAC runners up would be cool too! Major Header, Bubblor, Raj-ar, Three Beast are all designs I like.

I might be up for a 200X sub. Not sure, though... I generally really like the 200X stuff, and LOVED the series, but I'm frankly getting tired of paying for this stuff when it comes right down to it. We'll see.

technically it means "MOTU CLASSICS" will be done after 2015 (IF we get a full 2015)...which in turn,2016 may have MOTU,but it won't be called Classics anymore,but likely a NEW line bringing in the "Son of He-Man" and Skeleteen junk

2016 just won't be called MOTU Classics anymore....of course 2016 depends on IF 2015 goes through

To be quite honest, I REALLY hope any "new" MOTU line is launched properly - at retail, with a cartoon to back it up.

If Scott's going to rely on the adult collectors to back up his new baby via Mattycollector, without proper media to back it up, I am almost certain it will fail miserably...

Oh yeah forgot to reply about the art! Awesome job Eamon, it looks great (I have yet to watch a single episode of Game of Thrones but plan to watch it eventually) and a very nice tribute to the original art. I'm shocked you haven't been pursued to do comic art? Or maybe you have and it isn't what you're looking to do? Because your She-Ra is outstanding also.

Glad you like it. I'd happily do a comic cover if I was to be asked. :)

Here comes Strongarm

Toyguru- Their will likely be no day-of-sale figures in 2015, yes. We actually build this into production well ahead of time. Years actually. basically means there will be a couple no day of sale figures like the last 2 years

and buy subs early or miss out (limited number this year)

https://news.mattycollector.com/blo...ng-2015-club-eternia-subscriptions-available/

anyway to make it difficult for the customer

Here comes Strongarm

Toyguru- Their will likely be no day-of-sale figures in 2015, yes. We actually build this into production well ahead of time. Years actually. basically means there will be a couple no day of sale figures like the last 2 years

and buy subs early or miss out (limited number this year)

https://news.mattycollector.com/blo...ng-2015-club-eternia-subscriptions-available/

anyway to make it difficult for the customer

That's Strong-or, to you. ;)
I'm still a bit confused by the wording. It sounds like it could either mean no DOS sales for figures, or that some figures will have no DOS, like in the past. Huh.

They'll have ALL the details of the sub when we sign up? As in, we'll know the full line-up? (Other than the sub exclusive, of course.)

They'll have ALL the details of the sub when we sign up? As in, we'll know the full line-up? (Other than the sub exclusive, of course.)

LOL, nope. In fact, the only way to get all of the extras is to sign up before they announce any of the figures.
PLUS, they claim they have a limited number of sub slots available, and they could sell out.

It's almost as if they want to punish customers and create ill will.

You’ll want to make sure you subscribe early this year for a couple of reasons… first, not only will subscribers receive all Club benefits, including the monthly figures and variants, choice of shipping options and Early Access, but subscribers who sign up before Friday, 7/25 at 11:59 a.m. will get a free display stand set! And second, this year subscriptions are limited to a set number, and once we hit that amount, that’s it… no more subscriptions will be sold.

• Early Availability Opens: Friday,6/27 at 9 a.m. PT. No figures will be revealed, but everyone who orders by Friday, 7/25 at 11:59 a.m. PT gets a free display stand set!

LOL, nope. In fact, the only way to get all of the extras is to sign up before they announce any of the figures.
PLUS, they claim they have a limited number of sub slots available, and they could sell out.

It's almost as if they want to punish customers and create ill will.

Yeah, thought it sounded too good to be true.

I will likely sign up, but will have no problem cancelling the credit card this time around if I dislike what we hear by year's end.

Scott and Mattel have been pushing the sub-only model for years now, so this is really nothing new. They just want to guarantee the sale of the full lineup of figures and then move on really. This continues to push that model and I really don't see anything wrong with it. If you don't want them all, just buy the ones you want at BBTS or on eBay. None of the characters left at this point should be commanding ridiculous secondary market prices anyways, and I'm sure there will be plenty of resellers to offer their extras for sale.

They will have day of sale figures,so I am not worried.....they will have a couple figs that will have no day of sale (like two-bad)...no biggie

toyguru-A few may. Not all. Similar to last few years.

Last edited:
Back