Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
off subject....but i got Octavia,Queen Marlena, BG Evil Lynn, Keldor, and shadow weaver NRFB.....who wants them? i need them gone. send me an offer if anybody is interested. I am willing to trade, but all i need is Swiftwind and Kowl. im not trying to get a arm and leg for shadow weaver......i know what shes worth......but id rather sell her to someone on here who will enjoy her rather then sell her to some store owner on ebay. OH and i have an open but complete catra up for grabs.......just saying....

off subject....but i got Octavia,Queen Marlena, BG Evil Lynn, Keldor, and shadow weaver NRFB.....who wants them? i need them gone. send me an offer if anybody is interested. I am willing to trade, but all i need is Swiftwind and Kowl. im not trying to get a arm and leg for shadow weaver......i know what shes worth......but id rather sell her to someone on here who will enjoy her rather then sell her to some store owner on ebay. OH and i have an open but complete catra up for grabs.......just saying....

How much are you looking to get for Shadow Weaver? A friend of mine is looking for one.

Well, I'm glad you guys all like it but I still couldn't pull the trigger for early access. I thought about it, but in the end it just doesn't scream "masterpiece" to me the way the figures do. Maybe if it were 3 3/4" scale, but it just looks too small and thus toy-like (you know what I mean) for me.

Plus, you know, room and all that. :)

Well, I'm glad you guys all like it but I still couldn't pull the trigger for early access. I thought about it, but in the end it just doesn't scream "masterpiece" to me the way the figures do. Maybe if it were 3 3/4" scale, but it just looks too small and thus toy-like (you know what I mean) for me.

you're missing out on one of the greatest playsets to be made...blows the vintage Castle away and that is ranked as one of the greats!

you're missing out on one of the greatest playsets to be made...blows the vintage Castle away and that is ranked as one of the greats!

I'd rather save the money for a USS Flagg in the kind of condition I want - and that's gonna take up enough space as it is.

I just can't justify getting this. As a GI Joe guy primarily, I can justify the Flagg though. :)

I'd rather save the money for a USS Flagg in the kind of condition I want - and that's gonna take up enough space as it is.

I just can't justify getting this. As a GI Joe guy primarily, I can justify the Flagg though. :)

USS Flagg is just way too big...my buddy has it and I am glad I never got one when I was a kid.My bedroom did not have room for a 7 ft long aircraft carrier...plus I think the FLAGG is slightly overrated as far as the GI.Joe playsets are concerned

USS Flagg is just way too big...my buddy has it and I am glad I never got one when I was a kid.My bedroom did not have room for a 7 ft long aircraft carrier...plus I think the FLAGG is slightly overrated as far as the GI.Joe playsets are concerned

It's a class unto itself. :) Though it does suffer a bit by being undersized, I'm much more forgiving of that for a vintage toy. And I'm a naval officer myself, so it's appropriate.

I guess I'm just gonna stick to figures when it comes to MOTUC. Even the animals and vehicles are getting tough to find room for... This line got BIG. :) at least a third of my figures are in a bin - ones I want to keep, I mean (I sold or am in the process of selling NA, the made-up stuff like Spector, etc. and a few extras).

It's funny because for me the "toy-like" aspect is what I like about it the most. This just hits all of my nostalgia buttons and I love it. I totally understand why it would turn someone off though.

With that said, while I am getting one, it is without a doubt not worth the price of admission. If this was at retail I don't think it would go for more than $120. The thing that bothers me the most about it is that it's not even complete. You need King Grayskull for the orb. You need the weapons rack. You need the sword of protection from She-ra or the weapons pak. You need Scareglow for the key. Don't get me wrong, it is cool that this stuff interacts with the castle, but it sucks for people that have no interest in those figures but want the castle.

Good call! :clap This is nice, but the Flagg is off the charts. I'm not even a Joe guy and I can appreciate how epic that play set is.

With that said, while I am getting one, it is without a doubt not worth the price of admission.

Gotta disagree....a Vintage Castle MIB runs between $300-600

So a BIGGER playset,better details and play features is a much better deal..Motu Classics Grayskull was basically the price of one 1/6 Hot Toys figure

So,I'd say it really is not that bad of a price for what you get..an EPIC playset at that (not to mention the memories that come with it)

Here's some pics of my castle. They are kinda crappy. I'm using an iPad and I don't have good lighting in my basement. As you can see, an all out royal rumble ensued.

image_zpsd7bb16be.jpg

image_zpsb67456b4.jpg

image_zps2efce240.jpg

image_zps5e1f4a8d.jpg

Also, can someone tell me why one chain has shackles on both ends, but the other chain has a peg on one end?? Is it supposed to attach somewhere in the castle??

It's like Grayskull Christmas all over again. Does anybody in this thread NOT have a Grayskull Xmas memory from back in '84???

I had a Grayskull Birthday in 1983 and I will remember it for the rest of my life. I will never forget my father coming home from work and having the giant box that was so big I couldn't lift it as a child. I still have that same Grayskull to this day. I will never get rid of it.

My dad(Santa) opened it up and assembled the whole thing while I slept. It was under the tree, fully assembled with a bow on it, when I came down the stairs on Xmas morning.

Back