Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pink was a manly color pre-WW2. I believe that's when it happened. I know George Washington's favorite color for his wigs was pink. It's so odd to me that pink is even pink to begin with. It's just light red, yet it carries with it so much social baggage.

Last edited:
I rather like the concept... some pieces of the execution don't work for me however.
Mostly the color pallette.

A comment on Ada'ms clothing in the cartoon.

in the cartoon, it's pink. On the toy, it's a Maroon/purple color.
Character design theory, Bright colors tend to appeal to children, as well as highlight someone as a "good guy"

Purple is the color of royalty.. but it''s too dark, and already worn by Skeletor.
Hence, Adam Wore pink.

Also, he's not the ONLY prince to Favor pink.

bad%20man.jpg

So it's not a "gay agenda" thing nor any other such nonsense.

:hi5::yess: Greatest post!

But seriously, He was **** fo sho!

A comment on Ada'ms clothing in the cartoon.

in the cartoon, it's pink. On the toy, it's a Maroon/purple color.
Character design theory, Bright colors tend to appeal to children, as well as highlight someone as a "good guy"

Purple is the color of royalty.. but it''s too dark, and already worn by Skeletor.
Hence, Adam Wore pink.

Also, he's not the ONLY prince to Favor pink.

So it's not a "gay agenda" thing nor any other such nonsense.

I thought the point was the he was NOT a he-man. He would turn into one. Like Clark was a coward, but Superman was a hero.

Last edited:
Brett Hart wore pink!

I agree that Filmation sanitised things far too much bd folks know my opinion well on this but the cartoon did introduce many great things and for better or worse, it's the version that most remember.

Teela’s awesome design with the white leotard was designed by the Mark Taylor at Mattel.
Teela was not 'cencored'.

Brett Hart wore pink!

I agree that Filmation sanitised things far too much bd folks know my opinion well on this but the cartoon did introduce many great things and for better or worse, it's the version that most remember.

Teela’s awesome design with the white leotard was designed by the Mark Taylor at Mattel.
Teela was not 'cencored'.

Well, she was in the sense that she became a warrior who never killed anyone. It's like on GIJOE when all those bullets were flying, but no one ever got hit.

Yes, the cartoon introduced many great things to MOTU. I think there's an opportunity in the future for a new incarnation of He-Man aimed at a more sophisticated audience which incorporates all of the fantasy and wonder, but also gets a little more dark and gritty.

That new Teela is a lot of things, sophisticated is not one of them.

I am all for dark and gritty. I am just not big on tacky! ;)

I said "In the future." I didn't say the DC attempt was it. But, I'm not giving up on the comic yet. We'll see how things feel in 6 months.

But I like Teela's design in the comic.

Last edited:
AH! you mean the design. Meh, it's fairly standard " Vallejo or Frazetta inspired" Barbarian/ savage look, and it's in-line with the bog-standard objectification-in-design concepts present in teh entertainment industry as a whole currently. If you're suprised about it, I don't see why.

Hell, Some game companies flat refused to publish games with female protagonists.

Before you can say "didn't read" lol,

Here's a few ways that concepts from the different genres could come together to possibly add dimension without completely rebooting from scratch:

As a way of training Adam to be TMPMITU, his future adult self is transported by the Power of Grayskull (would help explain the slight difference in appearance) until a series of events forces Adam to live like a savage in the jungles of Eternia and truly enter into the role of He-Man full time. That's my hybrid solution for an Oolar/Filmation Adam.

Teela-Na was bitten by King Hiss when pregnant with Teela as an ancient Avion tribeswoman. After managing to escape the Snakemen, she stumbles across Grayskull which takes her in and over the course of many centuries, halts the growth of the child while it purges the poison. After Prince Adam is born, she discovers his destiny and finally gives birth to Teela. Many story arcs later when the Snakemen return, Teela finds herself strangely drawn the their King. This is where I'd throw in the Snake Teela/Green Goddess concept until Adam cures her after the death of Hiss.

The Cosmic Enforcer armor is semi sentient and whenever it senses that the wearer's morality is drifting into good or evil territory, it seeks another warrior with the opposite disposition to attach itself to. The only catch is, the current wearer must die at the hands of their successor. You could have the armor actively putting the various Zodacs in direct mortal danger to speed this process along. That way a progression of good/evil Enforcers carry on throughout time, leaving room for an evil spindly alien Z (4h proto sketch), the good Filmation Zodac, the strangely evil looking vintage Zodac, to the heroic black Zodak.

Before you can say "didn't read" lol,

Here's a few ways that concepts from the different genres could come together to possibly add dimension without completely rebooting from scratch:

As a way of training Adam to be TMPMITU, his future adult self is transported by the Power of Grayskull (would help explain the slight difference in appearance) until a series of events forces Adam to live like a savage in the jungles of Eternia and truly enter into the role of He-Man full time. That's my hybrid solution for an Oolar/Filmation Adam.

Teela-Na was bitten by King Hiss when pregnant with Teela as an ancient Avion tribeswoman. After managing to escape the Snakemen, she stumbles across Grayskull which takes her in and over the course of many centuries, halts the growth of the child while it purges the poison. After Prince Adam is born, she discovers his destiny and finally gives birth to Teela. Many story arcs later when the Snakemen return, Teela finds herself strangely drawn the their King. This is where I'd throw in the Snake Teela/Green Goddess concept until Adam cures her after the death of Hiss.

The Cosmic Enforcer armor is semi sentient and whenever it senses that the wearer's morality is drifting into good or evil territory, it seeks another warrior with the opposite disposition to attach itself to. The only catch is, the current wearer must die at the hands of their successor. You could have the armor actively putting the various Zodacs in direct mortal danger to speed this process along. That way a progression of good/evil Enforcers carry on throughout time, leaving room for an evil spindly alien Z (4h proto sketch), the good Filmation Zodac, the strangely evil looking vintage Zodac, to the heroic black Zodak.
:clap:goodpost:

Great read!

Well Toyguru just basically shot down vehicles for good

thank you CHEAP fans who didn't buy a WR in the required time

Toyguru is full of ****. He will pretty much blow corprate to drain the MOTUC line dry.
Vehicles, play sets, figures, figures of figures, t shirts, socks, fish tank orniments... I don't beleive that one bit.

Back