Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw a recent interview with the Sony CEO, he mentioned MOTU and wants to get rolling with that real soon! I think something is in the works or at least going to be finally announced real soon

hopefully thats the case, but it's been on again off again so much that I want to see concrete details before I get excited, it's as elusive as ghostbusters 3

meh. i'm not excited about a film at all. they will screw it up like TF and GI Joe. i'd rather they put out a new cartoon or comic instead.

Totally agree with Craw. They'd probably turn a live action movie into an ultra-violent, high octane action movie that wouldn't even be recognizable as MOTU (not that anythings wrong with intense action movies).

a new film would be great, would it be true to the original cartoon, probably not entirely. it would have a new take on it (good or bad) but because its not the original some people wouldn't be happy with it. It could be serious enough but if its not a little tongue in cheek it would be too serious. A blood fest would not work, but something in the middle would be fine. we don't have to take the GI JOE resolute approach but making it more appealing to older crowds wouldn't hurt. Again though if the film doesn't appear to jump off the 80's cartoon page then some wont like it no matter what.

Because Its a piece the 4 horseman wants to do! (they talked about it in an interview)....and if a Movie is announced,it will Help getting this piece into production/moving along.Toy Guru has said many times if they do a Castle it will be a full on Playset (no card board or Facade)

The Giants are fine,While more articulation would be better, its not a deal breaker from getting these[/QUOTE]

it is for me. i want them to be able to take dynamic poses, or at the very least, anything other than a dildo pose. want to buy my megator if Rex doesn't?

it's baffling how they say an articulated giant would cost $100. but the shadow beast and gygor figures, which are only slightly smaller, have almost double the articulation for $10 less.

It's a good way for a company to pass blame to the consumer. "We can't make it better because you wouldn't pay for it".

Because Its a piece the 4 horseman wants to do! (they talked about it in an interview)....and if a Movie is announced,it will Help getting this piece into production/moving along.Toy Guru has said many times if they do a Castle it will be a full on Playset (no card board or Facade)

The Giants are fine,While more articulation would be better, its not a deal breaker from getting these[/QUOTE]

it is for me. i want them to be able to take dynamic poses, or at the very least, anything other than a dildo pose. want to buy my megator if Rex doesn't?

I agree,the Giants should of gotten more articulation,though them not having More doesn't bother me too much I guess...and No, I wont need a Megator because I already have him coming through the Sub

It's a good way for a company to pass blame to the customer. "We can't make it better because you wouldn't pay for it".

Fixed

I guess I haven't been keeping up with what's coming out. I wasn't aware Megator was on the horizon. I am just not a fan of this figure regardless of the articulation.

Yup, i agree. I'd keep it were it not for the articulation issues. it's 2011, and simple jointed figures in a "collector line" are not going to cut it.

But when you think about it, perhaps I'm being needlessly passionate about it. it's not like some other company has released an exclusive, relatively limited run "giant" figure at a reasonable price.

blog.jpg

And i guess it's not like they are ever going to re-use the body-mold for megator for any other giants, or EVER do a re-issue, right?
After all, If they were going to do re-issues for the giants, they could spread the cost out over a few releases and make back the investment. Nah, Megator being the ONLY giant in the line, without anyone to fight against, and such an unwanted figure in the fan market, making him a hard sell, I can really understand why Mattel put forth so little effort into making this figure.

:rolleyes2

Let us not forget, even when they where doing mass market 12" Batman and MOTU figures back in the early 00s they where still even more limited in articulation than the figures they where releasing at the time.

You misunderstand, I was saying that the excuse they give of lacking mass market distribution for the line doesn't hold water since they've pulled the same nonsense when they did have mass market distribution.

Has anybody been charged for the July figures yet? The charge still hasn't shown on my bank account yet and I'd assume Megator is pushed back for next month, since he isn't listed on this months sale items.

Back