Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I say don't go there if you don't like the .org pretty plain and simple.

Just like me...
3697135668_eb6a415ec0.jpg

Thanks Skiman! You bring the pain!!! :D

I'm not wishing to be the He-man.org 'standard bearer' as I was once called by someone here.
Have you guys seen how little I post over there? There's a reason for that and there's a reason I post so often over here. ;)

But I will say that as art moderator over there, I see many new members.
So I would question the idea that folks are getting turned off by the policy. Do you not have a few bucks to spare then? Do you know how much a site like that's costs to run? Is asking for provider details too taxing then?
Still not seeing the big swing man in fairness.

I can understand to a degree about the sence of entitlement he-man.org seems to feel they should have and how that can be perceived.
But bare in mind:
It's one of the oldest sites on the web.
It's the biggest He-man site on the web.
We are talking about the same people who produced the official comic through Image.
A comic that saw new MOTU art by the biggest artists of our time, Vallejo, Struzan, Norem, Campbell.
He-man.org org enjoyed comic exclusive covers and exclusive toy offers through Mattel.
He-man.org had a very strong working relationship with Mattel during the whole 200x run.
Not to mention the DVD's of all He-man series.

Mattel do use ideas and plot points from the comics despite them saying otherwise. How do you think that would make creatives feel?
You use their ideas and not only don't give credit (it wasn't even looked for) but to deny and then attacked.
Remember the Green Goddess pic used in all the MOTUC slide shows?
Well that was my illustration. When I asked about it, they said they just found it online. Yet my name had been removed from the art.

Stuff like this is merely the tip of the Iceberg. Believe me!
So when Toy Guru says, he doesn't wish throw anyone under the bus, did any of you .org haters bother to wonder what he means by that? My guess is no.

Also, take a look at Hasbros' relationship with there fans.
Especially on places like Seibertron.com where the good relationship with fans has greatly benefitted the lines.

I personally think He-man.org has every right to feel that Mattel should work more closely with them.
But no one is saying you must join them. No one is saying that you are not a MOTU fan because you haven't a .org account.
They are just saying that as they are the biggest and oldest He-man site, they should get better treated.

As for Staples, well go read what happened with MVC and Crossgen fiasco and see if you still think he's not one of the good guys. If he snubbed you or whatever then just get over it!
Have you sat at many stalls signing for hours on end? I have and it can get very annoying believe me. :)

Last edited:
Dude,
don't get me wrong!
I like the site a lot, and I love the MVC comics and all of the good things that came out of them!
I was a huge supporter of the 200x line, the 4H, and MVC & Co.

Regarding Val, I think indeed he is a good guy, I know he did all he could to pay the artists putting himself on the line, and that's great!
Better than what that Seb ****** from 88mph studios did, during the Ghostbusters Hard Cover fiasco...
that's for sure!!

I guess what I meant, is that the double standard to "be more flexible and fan-friendly" can also apply to the site... yet they choose not to, for whatever reasons... yet they are upset with Mattel for not "being flexible and fan-friendly" for their own reasons...

Believe me, during the MOTUC announcement I was @ the Mattel panel, and I was very surprised to see a lot of fan art on their slideshow, it sucks that they don't give credit to the fans, but in the end it's their intellectual property, wether we like it or not. Unfortunately they alienate and screw fans in the process...

Listen... I don't like how Mattel is handling a lot of things regarding MOTUC, but I'm glad I'm getting new figures from one of my favorite franchises. Yes it's a pain in the neck sometimes, but not as bad as it was with the 200x line IMO...

I'm very passionate about MOTU because it's my favorite childhood toy-line, but it's still just a hobby.
I don't loose sleep over it and I'm here just to have fun.
I cringe when I see people all worked-up because of "the sticker" the NA line has and all that...
I rather save my energy for more important things in life!

I don't consider myself an .org hater, I just don't like some of the policies there, and some of the "passionate" threads...
that's all!
Let's move on, I really like this thread as it's one of the few "******-free" ones,

:duff
:peace!

Hey guys and gals the weapons pack is on sale right now over at Matty. I already got my email so it's legit they screwed up again.

Shipping is high but who knows if these will last till Monday now.

Hey guys and gals the weapons pack is on sale right now over at Matty. I already got my email so it's legit they screwed up again.

Shipping is high but who knows if these will last till Monday now.

I don't see it...

EDIT: NVM, yeah, I see you can add it to your cart. Weird.

Well, I was surprised by how quickly the stands sold out but I can see why now - a lot of people wanted one for every figure. This... I'm not so worried about. I'll wait until my bro orders - at least then we can split the shipping. Seeing as how I'm getting the sub figure anyway I'd like to avoid paying full shipping for something I'm not entirely sure is necessary to begin with...

Back