Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So big enough to suggest we all rally together to sue as large corporation over a 30 buck plastic snake but seemingly gets offended if some blunt honesty is directed towards you and others sharing your opinion?

You were the one who suggested folk were childish with your statement "LOL! @ Telling people who collect toys to grow up." and youhav been plenty blunt on here already towards others (which I have no problem with by the way).

I call it like I see it. As far as I can see many geeks or nerds lack perspective on the more important things in life and instead consume themselves on the petty and small like it matters.

This is not to say that folks should not complain about things. But too suggest class auction over a 30 buck plastic snake is beyond reason. I very much doubt I am the only person to have this opinion.

I am not the one who initially called for a lawsuit. I merely agree that if it were to happen, It would probably be successful. All one really needs to do is say, "Nope, I don't think people would win the suit and here's why, instead of calling people childish. Am I offended? Nope, What does bother me are the double standards on this forum. When I'm blunt, I get trolled by the usual suspects. Apparently some people on here have a free pass to be blunt or to troll other members, while others don't. Soon as I do something questionable, I get reprimanded. So yeah, this place is sorta like another .borg. with people crying to the mods when they feel violated somehow. Oh, and with the INFRACTION system. LOL! So if it was me that called a group childish, I'd get a warning or worse. It is what it is I guess, troublemakers simply dominate toy forums. And no, I'm not calling Eamon a troublemaker, the troublemakers know who they are.

you basically responded mostly to me,but anyway, are you the Mattel CONTRACT police?? Why do you care so much?

All I have to do is explain to my bank (CC) the deal and they will cut all ties with Matty....you think contracts are set in stone? they are not!

by the way,I said nothing about Sueing,but mentioned Breach of contract only

So contracts are not set in stone? So what have you been whining about? And I responded to you after you responded to me. Go back and read...there are two others involved. Kuh something and ram something.

As for you not saying anything...fine. I suppose you didn't respond, to the person I was talking to who was not you(which to seem unable to recall as above)...

image.jpg

Yep.pretty much sinks what you said. You both engaged in talks about suing. And in response to my discussion with someone else. Both of which you just said you didn't do.

And yes..you can stop payment. Essentially break the contract. Doesn't mean you are entitled to do so. The contract states otherwise. And if mattel wanted they could take you to ARBITRATION (as I said, suing has been waived) and win. You can also cancel your car payment or rent and stop them from taking it. Doesn't mean you are entitled to do so. And you just spent ten posts raving about the holiness of contracts, but when it turns out your wrong and the contract is not in your favor suddenly it's not worth anything and is totally not set in stone. Funny how that works. I believe that's called talking out of both sides...

Last edited:
Motuxmen, you deserve a medal.

Thanks. I'm not the biggest Mattel fan but at some point..lol people want transparency right up till they don't hear what they want. I mean these guys are planning things 6months to 18 months away, and there are a dozen other people involved. Stuff changes.

It makes me laugh. People complain about the sideshow nrd on hot toys and it's always "well a lot can happen" in that amount of time. But then those same people turn around and want to sue when a company has a change in plans. They want minute by minute plan updates. But when the plan is adjusted suddenly they where lied to.

If I was Mattel and I saw Temu (sorry if I spelled it wrong) spend two days slamming me for breach of contract, even though I never did, and then saw him turn around and say he's canceling his sub and contracts are easily broken and al that...if it where me I'd turn around and give him the same treatment. Go get a arbitrator to spell out how wrong he was and that he broke the contract. Even if I never forced the payment issue. Just to make the point. But that's me.

Lets not let Mattel's dishonorable actions divide the community.

As far as I am concerned, this is strike three for the sub.

1. Denied Early Access on SCDD items
2. Dare included in 2015 sub
3. Charging subscribers extra for an item that was explicitly advertized as free

I spoke with a Digital River representative today and am canceling after the August figures ship.

Last edited:

3. Charging subscribers extra for an item that was explicitly advertized as free

I spoke with a Digital River representative today and am canceling after the August figures ship.

The Community has always been divided. Let's not loose perspective of things... The Hsss-gate bothers me, but after the Battle-Cat fiasco a few years ago, I told myself not to get too worked up about toys, so, this too shall pass... Now back to enjoying MOTU!!

The Community has always been divided. Let's not loose perspective of things... The Hsss-gate bothers me, but after the Battle-Cat fiasco a few years ago, I told myself not to get too worked up about toys, so, this too shall pass... Now back to enjoying MOTU!!

:goodpost: On that note my Callix arrived today and it is awesome. Also it was my third MOTUC figure in a row that didn't get hit by customs fees :yess:

I need to find myself a Calix since I couldn't get him when he was up for sale.

So contracts are not set in stone? So what have you been whining about? And I responded to you after you responded to me. Go back and read...there are two others involved. Kuh something and ram something.

As for you not saying anything...fine. I suppose you didn't respond, to the person I was talking to who was not you(which to seem unable to recall as above)...

Yep.pretty much sinks what you said. You both engaged in talks about suing. And in response to my discussion with someone else. Both of which you just said you didn't do.

And yes..you can stop payment. Essentially break the contract. Doesn't mean you are entitled to do so. The contract states otherwise. And if mattel wanted they could take you to ARBITRATION (as I said, suing has been waived) and win. You can also cancel your car payment or rent and stop them from taking it. Doesn't mean you are entitled to do so. And you just spent ten posts raving about the holiness of contracts, but when it turns out your wrong and the contract is not in your favor suddenly it's not worth anything and is totally not set in stone. Funny how that works. I believe that's called talking out of both sides...

Dude,give it rest....I said NOTHING about Sueing anyone...I agreed with Battle Ram about "It was explicity promised in an official mattel video" in which I clarified it was ....why do you care so much? do you work for mattel and feel the need to defend a shady corporation like Mattel from losing money?

If I was Mattel and I saw Temu (sorry if I spelled it wrong) spend two days slamming me for breach of contract, even though I never did, and then saw him turn around and say he's canceling his sub and contracts are easily broken and al that...if it where me I'd turn around and give him the same treatment. Go get a arbitrator to spell out how wrong he was and that he broke the contract. Even if I never forced the payment issue. Just to make the point. But that's me.

yeah,that's right...go after someone who has bought every single subscription x 2,spent thousands of dollars on their product for almost 8 years

yeah,who gives a crap about loyal supporting subscribing customers

so they have no problem canceling your sub?

Contracts can be broken regardless of what motuxmen thinks

Callix is the best figure in months, I hit him with a few layers of dry brushing to bring out the details. Beep-A-Bloo is still in her box.

so they have no problem canceling your sub?

Contracts can be broken regardless of what motuxmen thinks

Yeah the guy at Digital River was very helpful, he walked me through how to cancel.

The only reason I'm waiting until next month is to get the (already paid for) 200X sub head pack.

Dude,give it rest....I said NOTHING about Sueing anyone...I agreed with Battle Ram about "It was explicity promised in an official mattel video" in which I clarified it was ....why do you care so much? do you work for mattel and feel the need to defend a shady corporation like Mattel from losing money?

For the past few days, I have seen apologists on all forums constantly say that a written document supersedes video evidence. I'm no lawyer, but the fact that they are going through all this effort to try and convince people this would never hold up in court, or at least reach a settlement, makes me think that legal action is viable. Why else would people be fighting this hard to try and disprove the viability of video evidence?

I wouldn't be surprised if some of these people in question actually do work for Mattel. There are a handful of members on the matty forums who literally own threads, and are all very quick to pounce on the detractors. Or they are die hard Mattel fans who have a bizarre sense of loyalty to the point where they feel obligated to defend them by confronting members who say the slightest thing negative about Mattel.

Yeah the guy at Digital River was very helpful, he walked me through how to cancel.

The only reason I'm waiting until next month is to get the (already paid for) 200X sub head pack.

I would probably do that method too...since I paid for the 200x head pack aswell

Is there something we can do on our end in our account?

If we could not cancel (according to "contract" :rolleyes2 ) then he would of said no you cannot cancel.

I specifically enjoyed reading this post from you on the other site

"Truth in Advertizing - Federal Trade Commission"

"When consumers see or hear an advertisement, whether it’s on the Internet, radio or television, or anywhere else, federal law says that ad must be truthful, not misleading, and, when appropriate, backed by scientific evidence. The Federal Trade Commission enforces these truth-in-advertising laws, and it applies the same standards no matter where an ad appears – in newspapers and magazines, online, in the mail, or on billboards or buses." "

Last edited:
Is it possible that since Mattel is blatantly not fulfilling their agreement, by law they now have to allow customers to cancel their subs if they so desire? Kinda like what happened with Castle Grayskull?

This is the first time I've seen someone just call Mattel and have their sub canceled. Have we always been able to do this?

Is it possible that since Mattel is blatantly not fulfilling their agreement, by law they now have to allow customers to cancel their subs if they so desire? Kinda like what happened with Castle Grayskull?

This is the first time I've seen someone just call Mattel and have their sub canceled. Have we always been able to do this?

I know there may be a back door way to do this but not 100% certain in which it has always had a Cancel button...I am hoping Badvermin (if needed privately) will share these steps given to him today by the DR Representive.....I enjoy collecting these toys,but I about had it with Mattel and they need to know that from customers that have supported the line since the beginning.Hurt them where it counts...the wallet... they certainly took plenty of my wallet.

I'd love to cancel my sub at the beginning of December, so I don't get stuck with Dare. :)

Beyond everything else the figure is kind of disappointing. He just doesn't look right with the vintage loin piece, I think he would look much better with the 200x version. Also he doesn't include Snake Armor He-Man's shield.

Oh man, I've seen people "threatening" to cancel their subs over and over again, since they first started the system years ago only to see them come back or not canceling at all. Just do it and move along... [emoji1]
And yes, Callix is super awesome!!!

20f11bdcb56a3b2029ce0b42c53d42bf.jpg

390240372b797867001f81d8498f166d.jpg

Back