Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay so for four years it was a toy line along the lines of NECA's Gremlins, E.T., NECA/Mattel Ghostbusters, and so forth. Impressive, but not unique. :)

Gremlins toys and collectibles have endured without media much longer than MOTU.

Some lines at retail may have that, but they are very very limited in scope. Most NECA lines, excluding Predator, don't last more than a couple waves. MOTU Classics is heading into it's 6th year with a full lineup. That's pretty impressive.

Can someone help me out here. I have a loose Horde armband here and I have now idea which figure it is supposed to go to. Can someone list every figure that is supposed to have this armband??? No idea why it is not on a figure. It was with my spare parts. I am thinking it goes with Cy-Chop. Is he from the Horde??? Did he come with an armband??? Too many figures. It's crazy!!!

Holy ****, Craw is back!!! Hey buuuuudy! :wave

Okay so for four years it was a toy line along the lines of NECA's Gremlins, E.T., NECA/Mattel Ghostbusters, and so forth. Impressive, but not unique. :)

Gremlins figures have endured without media much longer than MOTU.

Sorry, wrong again!
Gremlins is based on the Gremlins movie. Ghostbusters is based on the Ghostbusters movie.

MOTUC is a brand new license that is selling figures with no entertainment at all to back it up. This is indeed very unique.

Some lines at retail may have that, but they are very very limited in scope. Most NECA lines, excluding Predator, don't last more than a couple waves. MOTU Classics is heading into it's 6th year with a full lineup. That's pretty impressive.

MOTU Classics will go down as one the greatest toy lines to exist...one reason is because of the Sculpts

though,I see the line coming to an end by 2015 and then moving onto the Movie toy line at retail

Sorry, wrong again!
Gremlins is based on the Gremlins movie. Ghostbusters is based on the Ghostbusters movie.

MOTUC is a brand new license that is selling figures with no entertainment at all to back it up. This is indeed very unique.

Actually it is you who is wrong again. Gremlins is based on Gremlins, Ghostbusters is based on Ghostbusters, and Masters of the Universe Classics is based on...Masters of the Universe.

Which exists as cartoons and a live-action film. Just like Ghostbusters. He-Man is not a 2008 invention, he's been around since 1982 with the EXACT same design.

"But the bios are all new and different than the Filmation cartoon!!" Yep, just like the minicomics were different than the cartoon back in the day. And GI Joe figures had different filecards than their cartoon counterparts as well. They didn't mean that they didn't have "media" supporting and/or inspiring the lines.

The whole point of MOTUC is to provide modern sculpts of...classic characters. Not new. Old characters from old media, with new sculpts. Again, just like Gremlins, Ghostbusters, and so on.

Last edited:
MOTUC is a brand new licence. Whatever criteria you personally feel you can apply to that is redundant.

I don't care to labour my point anymore. Whatever you think, go with that! ;)

Sorry, wrong again!

It didn't initially, but now it does. Since we're long past the core groups though, the biggest thing it's doing is getting the MOTU brand out there, which is unfortunate because I think they mesh well together. Not to mention they're basically using the same visual cues from MOTUC/Vintage. It's a game and it's a valid form of entertainment. Not the traditional cartoon we're accustomed to but there it is. The mini masters would probably benefit more from the game at this point however.

I don't know how popular it is or what demographic is most drawn to it. Can anyone fill me in?

Just for fun! :lol

PA222245_zpsa5e0db7f.jpg

PA222246_zps2404afe1.jpg

PA222247_zps9dfd6d7d.jpg

PA222248_zps8357ecc3.jpg

Back