Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never watched the show but I love all the Mutant designs.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to take apart a MOTUC figure. I want to put the belt/loincloth piece from the Hurrican Hordak I bought just for the arm cannon on my Rattlor but I can't seem to separate the body from the hips.

You can remove the belt/loincloth without taking the upper and lower torso apart.

Literally boil water. Dunk figure in boiling water for 10 seconds with tongs. Remove. Pull the legs off the hip ball joints. Dunk in boiling water for 10 more seconds.

This next part is the delicate part. Be very careful, and dunk in water again and again if the loincloth starts to stiffen up, or you will tear it.

Stretch the loincloth over the hips, one hip at a time. This will be slow going, but can be done. Once done, dunk the separated loincloth in hot water and allow it to cool slowly on its own. This will let it resume its original shape.

Repeat this process for rattler. Note, realtor is a black plastic figure.. I don't know how boiling water will effect his paint. Is possibly it may flake off.

Once his is off, dunk the replacement belt/loincloth in hot water again, and stretch it over his hips, fitting it into place slowly. Re-dunk as nessassaccary. Put legs back on, finished.

The alternative method involves cutting the upper torso apart with a dremmel. Then cutting the lower torso apart carefully with a dremmel. Then cutting the pelvis apart with a dremmel, and praying to god you do it good enough that you can superglue the torso halves back together

I quite like the headsculpt.

Mattel have tried to make it look different to the classic head, while still keeping the face slightly similar to other variants.

I'm happy he is being released as Clamp Champ & Mantenna are the only other figures from this line that I actually want... Oh and NA Skeletor if they release him!

picture.php

Yup I most likely will get NA He Man (And Skeletor if they do him).

My son is starting to get into He Man now and its great seeing him play with the same toys I had as a child. But there's a few MOTUC he is interested in so Im keeping an eye out for them. Mainly Castle Greyskullman. Sir Laser Lot and Optikk are ones he wants most. There are others but Those are his top 3 right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

I am relieved that the NA He-Man head sculpt didn't have teh weird jaw thing we saw a while back.

Yup I most likely will get NA He Man (And Skeletor if they do him).

My son is starting to get into He Man now and its great seeing him play with the same toys I had as a child. But there's a few MOTUC he is interested in so Im keeping an eye out for them. Mainly Castle Greyskullman. Sir Laser Lot and Optikk are ones he wants most. There are others but Those are his top 3 right now.

So cool hearing that there's a new generation on the same MOTU kick! :)

The May figures are going to be the most expensive Sub so far. I just received my invoice from Matty. I have two Subs and before shipping, it's going to cost $200.

I am relieved that the NA He-Man head sculpt didn't have teh weird jaw thing we saw a while back.

So cool hearing that there's a new generation on the same MOTU kick! :)

there will never be such an interest like the generation of the 80's

all most kids care about is video games,who cares about action figures

On looking at the original Mantenna, I really hope the blue on him is more like the blue of MOTUC Webstor. I love that deep navy blue he is and vintage Mantenna was much closer to that color.

there will never be such an interest like the generation of the 80's

Yup but then this industry was all very fresh and new back then and sword and sorcery was the flavour of the day.

For the most part you are right but then you see the new Ninja Turtles doing very well with the kids so this gives me hope as video games, while fun doesn't exactly incouraged a kid to use his imagination.

With video games, it's all dictated to you.

With action figures, you decide the story, who's good, who's bad, who dies and I think it forces a kid to think about stuff.

I gave my nephew some Classics and he loves them.

People will always want collectible versions of their favorite things, whether that be movies, cartoons, video games, or mobile apps. Figures and toys that kids enjoy haven't gone away, they're just based on different things now.

That only kinda make sense to me. But its important to note There has been video games and kids playing them since the mid 70's. playsets had there heyday in the mid to late 80's. toys have gotten more advanced, and expensive to produce. So have games.

Is not at playsets don't sell becuase kids don't buy them. It's that the playsets are not made, becuase they would be too expensive to produce and sell.

We Lready know that if produced at retail today, castle Greyskull would be a 200$ thing. How do we know that? Becuase it is being produced today.

Now Imagine what the uss Flagg for gi joe would cost.

Yes e ninja turtles have that huge 4 foot tall playset lair. But don't forget the thing is about 70% cardboard.

It's not that people won't buy them becuase they're too busy playing video games. It's that parents could buy 5-6 games brand new, for the cost of ONE playset.

Becuase you can't tell me that a kid wouldn't have more fun playing outside with a7 foot long aircraft carrier using his imagination, than he would playing cawadoodie.

Unless, you know, you're a **** parent, letting your 8 year old drop f-bombs unsupervised, while pedobear sets up a date with him over xbawks live.

They do, but only becuase while the cost of toys have gone up, video games have stayed relatively the same.

It's not that kids don't want them, it's that parents don't buy them.

He-ro bracers and boots. Any he man. Preternia he-man cosmic key.
Custom sword. Chief carnivus cape and shoulders.
King Greyskull harness... I think.
Repaint repaint repaint.

He looks pretty cool. Movie he-man is an awesome design.

He-ro bracers and boots. Any he man. Preternia he-man cosmic key.
Custom sword. Chief carnivus cape and shoulders.
King Greyskull harness... I think.
Repaint repaint repaint.

He looks pretty cool. Movie he-man is an awesome design.

Cool. I have a Carnivus...Might Have to track down a He-Ro now :lol

Is that the He-Ro cape too? If there was one thing the Masters movie got going for it was the designs of He Man and Skeletor. Loved those designs. Oh and Karg Beast Man And Saurod.

This is making me want to watch the movie now. :lol

Back