Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't like the FFM, at all. They just look like cheap knockoffs to me. I can't believe I'm going to be paying $100 for these next month. At least the Star Sisters had precedence to be in the line, these are basically totally made up characters based off very obscured box art from models in the 80's.

If anything, to me, the FFM shows me that this is a nostalgia based line only, and I really have no interest or use in new MOTU concepts.

I really don't like the FFM, at all. They just look like cheap knockoffs to me. I can't believe I'm going to be paying $100 for these next month. At least the Star Sisters had precedence to be in the line, these are basically totally made up characters based off very obscured box art from models in the 80's.

If anything, to me, the FFM shows me that this is a nostalgia based line only, and I really have no interest or use in new MOTU concepts.

Well, to be fair... YOU not having interest in new concepts doesn't make the LINE nostalgia based. It just means your only interest in the line is nostalgia.

Well, to be fair... YOU not having interest in new concepts doesn't make the LINE nostalgia based. It just means your only interest in the line is nostalgia.

That's what I said.

With the majority of the characters I consider 'must haves' already released, and the extreme disappointment in Castle Grayskull, I doubt I'll be subbing for 2014. Unless Matty has a Battle Ram or Point Dredd to reveal at SDCC, I don't think anything else will re-kindle my interest at this point.

I think this year Mattel better have an awesome lineup to show at SDCC for the 2014 Sub..Two bad should be there,but they will need more to entice me

Cornboy just finished sculpting a good guy NA Character (Hydron).Putting a NA character in the beginning of the sub would be a bad idea

Cornboy just finished sculpting a good guy NA Character (Hydron).Putting a NA character in the beginning of the sub would be a bad idea

Except, you know, for the NA fans.

There are OTHER people who like this line, besides the vintage and filmation diehards.

as for Hydron, we don't know that. Could be Mira.

Last edited:
we don't know that. Could be Mira.

Highly unlikely

How much longer will this line keep going at $40 each with putting characters like Mira in the sub now?

its Hydron

and Flogg is likely coming next year too

Considering that the new adventures characters all sold out at fairly decent speeds, I'd say as long as any other character.

THAT SAID.

Considering we've already got his enemy mutant, Slush Head, you're probobly right.

Last edited:
I don't know why my link didn't embed. Never had a problem before. I've always just copied and pasted the link.

Ninjor's coming? Sweet. :)

Well, if you had a nice collection, I wouldn't rush to sell it. I've felt that way before only to regret it later.

It is very, very rare that a "redo" line ends up being more collectable/valuable than an original vintage one. MOTUC MAY be the exception, due to its relative scarcity... but we'll see. :)

All I'm saying is think twice before you sell off a once treasured, vintage collection of anything. :)

thats cause a redo line stops after a fell few waves if they get that far at all, look at Thunder Cats and the new Thunder Cats if their line was as full as the original people would be hunting those figures down but its not its 2 figs at 8" and 2 at 6" (they couldnt even keep them in scale with each other -_-) but points is the updates atleast the 8" were 100% cooler then the vintage the only problem is the line stopped, Motu on the other hand is still going and comparing classics to vintage the classics beats them hands down in terms of sculpt , playability, and character selection.

thats cause a redo line stops after a fell few waves if they get that far at all, look at Thunder Cats and the new Thunder Cats if their line was as full as the original people would be hunting those figures down but its not its 2 figs at 8" and 2 at 6" (they couldnt even keep them in scale with each other -_-) but points is the updates atleast the 8" were 100% cooler then the vintage the only problem is the line stopped, Motu on the other hand is still going and comparing classics to vintage the classics beats them hands down in terms of sculpt , playability, and character selection.

I'd agree for the most part, except for playability. Nothing beats the old toys for kids to play with. The MOTUCs are really nice, but kids would utterly destroy them in a fraction of the time.

ditzstroyer.jpg

This guys face could be used for the Spirit of Grayskull.

I would like him so much better with different colors. I really like the the look of his face with the hood and dig the big cat emblem. It's just… orange, green, two shades of blue, and black… he looks kind of a mess. I'm also not the biggest fan of He-Ro's greaves there either given how simple the rest of the figure is. I think He-Ro's greaves would have worked much better for the other guy and that dude would have worked better with Keldor boots.

I'd agree for the most part, except for playability. Nothing beats the old toys for kids to play with. The MOTUCs are really nice, but kids would utterly destroy them in a fraction of the time.

disagree. MOTUC are DAMN sturdy. one of the sturdiest toylines on the market now.

They are more complex than the old toys so there's more possible points of failure. I don't disagree that they're pretty sturdy toys but the added articulation I think does make them more fragile than the old figures.

I wouldn't say they'd be destroyed in a fraction of the time though.

The only thing I don't like about the FFm is their names. I'm thinking Talos, Rotos, and Tracka will work better for me! ;)

I would like him so much better with different colors. I really like the the look of his face with the hood and dig the big cat emblem. It's just… orange, green, two shades of blue, and black… he looks kind of a mess. I'm also not the biggest fan of He-Ro's greaves there either given how simple the rest of the figure is. I think He-Ro's greaves would have worked much better for the other guy and that dude would have worked better with Keldor boots.

I was thinking the same thing. The He-Ro shins and odd color pairing ruin this figure. He would've been awesome with the Keldor boots and a re-paint. Same with the other guy, with his more tech look, the He-Ro boots would've worked a lot better.

I've not been terribly impressed with the colors of the new figures this year. First it was the terrible colors on King He-Man, and now the FFM.

Back