Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i want a BA Faker but i don't want the VS 2-pack. i also don't want to have to pay over the top prices for this exclusive. i thought Mattel said they wouldn't do that? i guess they lied....again.

That actually works. :lol

109_1226.jpg

WTT:preternia Disguise He-Man and map For DC Super Friends Robin.

Anyone interest in a sealed Preternia Disguise He-Man and a map of planet Etheria?

PreterniaDisguiseHe-Man.jpg

Picture is for reference, mine does not have the dent.

I'll trade you for a DC Super Friends Robin.

DCSuperFriendsRobin.jpg

PM me if interested.

I have never ordered from Matty Collector, and was wondering if it is usually easy to order a figure upon the day of release, or if you have to be a subscriber to ensure the order before sellout? I was also wondering what the taxes and shipping rates usually are? How long does it take for a figure to sellout? Thanks.

I have never ordered from Matty Collector, and was wondering if it is usually easy to order a figure upon the day of release, or if you have to be a subscriber to ensure the order before sellout? I was also wondering what the taxes and shipping rates usually are? How long does it take for a figure to sellout? Thanks.

Depending on the figure it could be minutes, hours or days. It's mostly the re-issues that takes days. Depending on your time zone you really need to be sitting in front of the computer right when they go on sale.
Most get the subscription and only have to worry about two or three a year (weapons packs, convention pieces, re-issues) because they’re ordered automatically for you, others who don't want certain figures just take their chances. Shipping is through UPS most of the time, but I have got a few from USPS. They're boxed to protect the White mailer, but some of the boxes aren't too strong and I have gotten some that were crushed a little.

I for one think shipping for one or two figures is a little high, and if you have a subscription, but decide to order an extra figure on release day Matty does not combine shipping. So you pay two separate shipping charges.

Their customer service is not through Mattel, but Digital River, I personally have never had a problem with getting a replacement figure when I got one that was damaged or missing a part. I live on the east coast so when Matty starts selling its noon here, other places on the west coast have had their sales start earlier, or later I think. I went with the subscription; I got tired of the “WHITE PAGE OF DOOM”, which is when their server is so jammed with orders you have to wait for it to clear some before you can continue with your order. You can get held up for so long that items can sell out while you’re waiting. Even if they’re in your cart they can still be sold from out from under you, Matty doesn’t consider them yours until they’re paid for.

I read that some dealers and online retailers where using some kind of automated system to order for them and were getting more than their limit (Which is 10 for everyone), but now before you can complete your order you have to type in a blurred word to prove you’re not a machine. I didn’t like the idea at first, but now I think that it is helping the actual Collectors and not just the dealers. People with subscription get theirs mailed early (a day or two), but I’m not exactly certain. For me it takes about a week to get my figures, but others get theirs in days.

So there is my run down, it may have been more then what you were looking for, but I hope I answered at least a few of your question.

Dollman

How do you subscribe, and when you are subscribed can you pick an choose the figures you want? Thanks.

They'll announce a timeframe - say a week or so (I don't remember exactly how long it was last time) - during which you can order the subscription. No worries about it selling out or anything, as long as you order before the deadline.

As for your second question, no, you can't pick and choose. It's all in or nothing! :)

But don't worry - anything you don't want you can pretty much sell for at least cost.

Whatever, I got a MIB Mer-Man off eBay for close to retail, I am happy. Including the cheaper shipping it ended up almost being exactly retail.

Busting your balls dedguy, I believe you are one of those that hate that so it brings me great pleasure.

Great score on Mer :peace

Goodbye.

Back