Master Works/ Iminime Sherlock figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some people just want to believe that an inferior version is better...that's all cool...but that picture posted above...really looks like what Denny and company delivered moreso then what was delivered in masses....you can try to spin it anyway you can....but by then you wouldn't be taken seriously...

just saying...be honest...not hateful...

Rahmier did a repaint of the BCS sculpt, it looks killer! I'd might have to buy a head separate and let him paint mine and watson.

Picked this as representatives of many other quotes... you guys have got to be kidding.

Yes, it looks like a tiny human being.

No, it looks nothing like Cumberbatch. The top of the head is just plain wrong. Not only that but the coat looks like it's dogtooth, which the real coat is not.

The original unpainted sculpt looked amazing, so amazing that I was interested myself, but this doesn't. What really gets me is that a lot of those people who were *****ing and sniping at BCS - after they were kind enough to let Denny sell his run of 20 - came out with a load of subjective crap about how poor the likeness or the paint job was on the BCS version. But at least it looks like Cumberbatch. This looks nothing like him.

If this was a great Sherlock head I would be bombarding BCS with emails begging them to make some sort of deal with Denny to use his sculpt themselves, because a genuinely excellent sculpt would deserve a wider distribution (and would only get recast anyway). But it isn't. This reminds me of HT's V1 Joker - it kind of resembled the character, but not the actor.

I'm glad for those who have one of the 20 and I hope they enjoy it, but I just don't get what people see in it. I think people want the rarity value of it rather than the figure itself.

Dude, that's like... your opinion. :moon

Picked this as representatives of many other quotes... you guys have got to be kidding.

Yes, it looks like a tiny human being.

No, it looks nothing like Cumberbatch. The top of the head is just plain wrong. Not only that but the coat looks like it's dogtooth, which the real coat is not.

The original unpainted sculpt looked amazing, so amazing that I was interested myself, but this doesn't. What really gets me is that a lot of those people who were *****ing and sniping at BCS - after they were kind enough to let Denny sell his run of 20 - came out with a load of subjective crap about how poor the likeness or the paint job was on the BCS version. But at least it looks like Cumberbatch. This looks nothing like him.

If this was a great Sherlock head I would be bombarding BCS with emails begging them to make some sort of deal with Denny to use his sculpt themselves, because a genuinely excellent sculpt would deserve a wider distribution (and would only get recast anyway). But it isn't. This reminds me of HT's V1 Joker - it kind of resembled the character, but not the actor.

I'm glad for those who have one of the 20 and I hope they enjoy it, but I just don't get what people see in it. I think people want the rarity value of it rather than the figure itself.

SPoy0UT.jpg

Nice pick!!! I like those gloves!!

I know the sales thread got closed but I'm hoping that we can keep this one clean and allow the few that got this figure to be able to enjoy it and share some photos with those that didn't. Hopefully this can help keep the Big Chief thread clean for the collectors of their figures.

Ill start it off with my pic.

8nwOp0O.jpg

some people just want to believe that an inferior version is better...that's all cool...but that picture posted above...really looks like what Denny and company delivered moreso then what was delivered in masses....you can try to spin it anyway you can....but by then you wouldn't be taken seriously...

just saying...be honest...not hateful...

I wasn't being hateful at all. I genuinely don't see what people see in this sculpt/ paint job as a representation of BC. Yeah, it looks alive, but it doesn't look like BC. The head's just not narrow enough, eyes are the wrong colour. From the nose down it looks like him though. Happy now?

baf83725ba7599c5929da2388f9a5313.jpg

918a535383fc4b928bb34cb0d06b7676.jpg

e30ef7181f684abc6bb75d9d885de638.jpg

5ce4f90fd11e8710ada24d5d87e12717.jpg

I owned the BCS duo. The head sculpts are not bad but the paint jobs are quite disappointing. To compare I'll prepare masterworks version, even those clothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a03fda6c570f42cb4056c399baf3c88a.jpg

The true power of Trevor's sculpt brought to life by Jake! Look at this! It's beautiful!

836a527628e4273d8707fe0ca0302949.jpg

e0fb08493d868edf3fd12aa6a5cde1cb.jpg

This is the BCS suit, no offense to them but how's is it more accurate than masterworks......?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a reason he id called Captain Britain

Rahmier's repaint is nice but shows what is exactly wrong with the BCS sculpt. The distortion of Trevor's sculpt happened on the jaw line...

There is a reason he id called Captain Britain

Rahmier's repaint is nice but shows what is exactly wrong with the BCS sculpt. The distortion of Trevor's sculpt happened on the jaw line...

Trevor's sculpt is by no mean perfect, but the Masterworks sculpt is distorted at the top of the head where it is just too wide.

As for the coat, I see what you're saying but the pattern is too large on the masterworks, it's much more subtle on the original to the point where you can only see it in bright daylight.

Back