Master Replicas Millennium Falcon for $800 today only

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icruise

Super Freak
Reaction score
Saw this on Rebelscum. Redfordfilms.com has the MR Studio Scale Millennium Falcon on sale Monday only for $800. The box is huge and apparently weighs 93 pounds, so shipping is high at $157 (for me anyway) but it's still quite a deal on this piece. I couldn't resist pulling the trigger.

They've got 9 left as of now.

https://stores.channeladvisor.com/redfordfilms/Items/mrsw155le?sck=15371725

Thanks for the heads up! I just ordered one. I've been waiting for the piece to dip in price for a long time. I can't imagine it going any lower, but who knows!

Now THAT'S a price drop. I'd order one if I had a place to put it, but I don't have a good display area for it.

nice price, but the size of this thing is just ridiculous. the box alone would leave you f'd.

I had this and was lucky enough that it arrived damaged so I opted to return it. It is just TOO BIG. There is no where to put this thing let alone the box it comes in, trust me. Furthermore, I thought it looked a little cheap in person. Looks great in dimmer lighting though. :)

I had this and was lucky enough that it arrived damaged so I opted to return it. It is just TOO BIG. There is no where to put this thing let alone the box it comes in, trust me. Furthermore, I thought it looked a little cheap in person. Looks great in dimmer lighting though. :)

That sort of confirms what I suspected. :(

I also happen to know that $157 to ship it is wa-a-a-ay overpriced. Technically, they're selling it for $900 (still a great deal), but hiding $100 of the price in the extra shipping cost.

I know this because a guy who sells flawed MR pieces on eBay quoted $58 for shipping to me from California for a MR Falcon without a COA.

That sort of confirms what I suspected. :(

I also happen to know that $157 to ship it is wa-a-a-ay overpriced. Technically, they're selling it for $900 (still a great deal), but hiding $100 of the price in the extra shipping cost.

I know this because a guy who sells flawed MR pieces on eBay quoted $58 for shipping to me from California for a MR Falcon without a COA.

Arn't you located outside of the US? $58 to ship the falcon sounds just too low IMO. Are you sure the auction was for the display stand as well? They sometimes just sell the falcon w/ no stand, and i'd assume a stand of that size will be a significant weight difference. also keep in mind, they probably would ship it to you in a much smaller box, the original packaging is ginormous.

If i found this for 800 USD here in Europe, i wouldn't think twice about getting it, i'd hit the order button faster then you could say...well - ORDERED! Sweet deal for you US collectors indeed. Lucky b*****ds :lol

When I was reading up on the falcon last night, I saw that someone said Master Replicas charged them $91.78 shipping via DHL, so $157 via UPS may not be that out of line. $58 seems *way* low, given this thing's dimensions.

Passed it along to the missus in case she really wants me to be naughty at Christmas time.:cool:

Cheapest delivery from Master Replicas to europe with fed ex is 600$ and you also have to pay tax on the delivery costs (+19%).
I can understand someone who can get the MR falcon for 950$ shipped blaming about 150$ shipping cost, really!!!!:rolleyes:

I got free shipping from MR when I ordered it but I remember the quote or invoice saying something like $115 for shipping. Glad I didn't have to pay that either way.

Regardless, if you are thinking about buying this PLEASE consider two things! The size of the display base takes up a whole average sized coffee table and if you plan on keeping the box you better have a two car garage. One side for the box and the other for your car....seriously. :cool:

I got free shipping from MR when I ordered it but I remember the quote or invoice saying something like $115 for shipping. Glad I didn't have to pay that either way.

Regardless, if you are thinking about buying this PLEASE consider two things! The size of the display base takes up a whole average sized coffee table and if you plan on keeping the box you better have a two car garage. One side for the box and the other for your car....seriously. :cool:

But.... is it worth it?:D

But.... is it worth it?:D

It depends.

I would say you will love this thing if you are a fan of model airplanes and things of that nature. Also, you must have an extreme love for the MF because due to it's size it will be your main Star Wars center piece no doubt about that.

I say it isn't worth it if you value space and hate clutter. If you don't have a big house and a place to put this it will get in the way REALLY FAST! I like to save the boxes of things too in case I sell them in the future so make sure you have the space to store the box if you are like me.

On the whole I think $800 is a good price for this ship. It looks brilliant in dimmer lighting and there are enough details to melt your socks off. I wasn't that impressed with it close up though. Overall it kind of made my stomach hurt when I thought about moving it around in the future. If you have a permanent home and no plans to move then you have an advantage.

I hope this helps. :)

I had two reservations about the falcon. One was the size, and the other was the fact that it doesn't come with a case. There's no doubt that this is one of those things that you have to have a plan for -- you can't just stick it in a bookshelf. But I realized that I have a very large coffee table in my office that would work well for this. And when I eventually redo our basement into a movie/collection area, I'll be able to plan around the falcon, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem. I'll have to look into getting a case for it, though. MR should have at least offered it as an option.

I had two reservations about the falcon. One was the size, and the other was the fact that it doesn't come with a case. There's no doubt that this is one of those things that you have to have a plan for -- you can't just stick it in a bookshelf. But I realized that I have a very large coffee table in my office that would work well for this. And when I eventually redo our basement into a movie/collection area, I'll be able to plan around the falcon, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem. I'll have to look into getting a case for it, though. MR should have at least offered it as an option.

This would definitely be the centrepiece for any movie room--- or even at the entranceway or at the very back--- as of right now though $$$ and space I just don't think I'd be able to swing it.

That is a great price... but sadly (like Crumb) I'd have no place to put it. Also, I definitely don't have an extra $800 sitting around :lol

Back