Mass Effect 3 or Prey 2?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which one?

• Mass Effect 3

Votes: 26 92.9%
  • Prey 2

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Other?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tigerslash51

Super Freak
Reaction score
Two futuristic shooter games, which one do you think is better?

I'm looking to pick up on of these in the future. f you have any other good alien shooter games feel free to post it. ( But not Halo)

mass effect is a much more solid game and much more popular, but Prey I feel is a super underrated game, totally bypassed by most people's radar..

I consider the beginning half hour of Prey to be the best single player experience in video game history. The whole alien abduction and being transported around the space ship was just epic, it's something that you don't realize how great until you actually played it.. the rest of the game was so-so, but the beginning experience is just unmatched to this day IMHO. Then I saw the trailer for Bioshock 3 and thought it had that same vibe, so I looked it up and realized it's by some of the same people who made Prey.. Can't wait for that one to come out either:panic::panic::panic:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oObkBX6DSmk"]Intro HD 1080p (Prey) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Why just pick up one? They are different types of games.

Then again Bioware has technically turned the Mass Effect series into a shooter. :rolleyes:

Also, I think it's lame to basically have other people pick something for you.

Do research. Pick the game you would want to play, not what a majority think is best. In the end you are buying and playing it.

Anyways, I'll be getting Prey 2 at launch and waiting for a sale on Mass Effect 3. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for your comment. Sorry, I don't know much about these games, and looking at gameplay/trailers, they seem kind of similar so I just thought I might ask people on this board on their opinion. :)

Prey 2 looks very stylish and interesting but Mass Effect is a big and very popular series. I think Ill go for Prey since Ive never been a big Mass Effect fan

Two futuristic shooter games, which one do you think is better?
You mean between those two unreleased games? Which means nobody's played them yet and therefore can't form any useful opinion on them?

Meh. Mass Effect 3 seems like more of the same, which is no bad thing, and it concludes a trilogy. So it seems like a bigger deal.

Dead Space (particularly DS2) is also an amazing series - I'm not big on shooters and I was expecting just some dumb shoot-em-up, but it's surprisingly involving and not completely stupid.

Prey was fantastic, still can't believe I traded it in to get Perfect Dark (what a crap fest)

But I say ME3. One of the best stories out there, along with Half Life and the Fallout series.

Mass Effect 2 was quite linear compared to the first, so I am wondering if the 3rd one will be more open with a hub world like ME1 or if they go to even more constrained environments.

Prey 2 looks promising with it's open world, futuristic Bounty Hunter story.

If you had to choose one, I'd say wait a bit longer to get more info on each game.

Back