Mass Effect 3 Commander Shepard Kotobukiya ArtFX statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone heard any news of late? I've had this pre-ordered for months, but haven't seen anything on it. Last this thread shows is they were working on some issues, and that was 10 months ago.

Had to let my PF go due to an unexpected involuntary monetary adjustment (i.e. I lost my job). So, I've been holding out hope this guy would turn out good (if not great). Koto is so hit and miss (IMHO more hit on the ArtFx side these days) that I'm not sure what to expect.

Crap... It's going to look like Grunt stuffed in Shepard's suit, isn't it? I just jinxed this whooolllle thing.

Yeah this thing just kinda disappeared off my radar :lol

I'm still interested if the revisions are good since I didn't get the Sideshow one.

Maybe they're fixing it up because it looked so goofy.

I tell you, Mass Effect being one of my favorite videogame franchises - I'd be very interested in getting a Commander Shepard piece if only one of these companies could do it justice.

Glad to know I'm not the only one wondering what happened to this. BBTS still has it listed as coming out this month. Something tells me that won't hold true...

This statue looks really nice if you ignore the face and pose. The detail is awesome and I like that they were bold in their choice for an action pose, but it's not a pose I really care for. The Omni-Tool is annoying to me because my "canon" Shepard is a Vangard and uses weapons and biotics in combat. If they would add some switch out accessories (some Element Zero Energy for his right arm and alternate weapons for the other), I'd be willing to pay a bit more.

Is the face poorly painted or does it just suck all together? I'm hoping news surfaces of the supposed tweaks mentioned all those months ago.

What kills this statue for me is the awkward angle of the torso. The face isn't too bad but it looks like they took his hips and connected them to his chest cavity...sideways!! Just take a human model and try this pose, it won't happen without something popping or breaking.

Last time I heard there were gonna show the revision on NYCC? But since there is no news of it, I guess it got delayed. Looks like they're making a fresh new sculpt and scrapping the old one altogether.

Back