Mass Effect 2 figures canceled??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that's bummer... but they looked like _____ anyway. Especially Shepard. sideshow has the licence .... but why aren't we hearing anything from them :impatient: ... Pf's of the entirely crew would be so awesome (but probably never gonna happen) :pray:

I feel like Mass Effect is one of those licenses that is dense and rich enough for an amazing expanded universe through all kinds of media, but unless it gets that lightning in a bottle companion piece (i.e. amazing movie) it won't reach the level at which companies are willing to throw tons of money at a product line.

Let's face it, in GOW, S*** blows up and I get to cut creatures in half with a chainsaw. Anyone looking for escapist entertainment can sign up for that with no worries about philosophy. Mass Effect as a concept requires a lot more thought that alienates people who don't want their video games to behave like a thesis on human kind's impact on the universe.

Hopefully Mass Effect 3 rocks out on all platforms, a movie gets made that rocks our socks and then, just maybe then, we get more than Shepard.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like NECA has picked this up, nor do they have anything at all to do with Mass Effect at this time. From what I've heard, Diamond Select will be distributing whatever figures DC Direct actually produces (which may not even be the first series now) and will assume control of the current license from there. Who knows what the expiration date is on it. Hopefully it's just the ME2 license and things can start fresh for ME3. But for now our last hope for something cool from ME2 appears to be Sideshow and the Shepard statue (or PF) that is hopefully in the works.

Someone mentioned a petition to HT.

Include Lair of the Shadow Broker's Liara! Can you imagine a HT Liara? Would be the hottest thing in the world. I can hear the endorsement already...

"I am Commander Shepard and this is my favorite 1/6 figure on the Citadel"

Back