Marvel One-Shot: All Hail the King

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sam Rockwell in jail = brilliant.

The rest? More of the same. Literally quotes from the movie, the Ole Ole **** again. And to what end? To show he is indeed a useless worthless character and their is a real Mandarin? And that to what end? No IM4 coming so they just go with the idea that this "horribly racist" **** they wouldn't touch is actually real maybe if you wanna imagine that. Ok...well... thanks?

Literally quotes from the movie, the Ole Ole **** again. And to what end? To show he is indeed a useless worthless character and their is a real Mandarin? And that to what end? No IM4 coming so they just go with the idea that this "horribly racist" **** they wouldn't touch is actually real maybe if you wanna imagine that. Ok...well... thanks?
:exactly:

A waste of time...

I loved how he broke the 4th wall and looked at the "internet message boards audience". :lol

The Justin Hammer bits were brilliant as well.

I did not care for Hammer in IM2, I think it was a waste of Rockwell, I think he trumped everything they had him do in IM2 in the 45 seconds he was just on screen. the great thing is, he was still in Hammer character. Its kind of like they let him off the leash a bit. :lol

I watched 3 minutes and with the bad acting from the black inmates, I turned it off. Waiting for the Agent Carter one.

I enjoyed that. I did think the 10 Rings group referenced in the first film were going to have a bigger impact later on, leading to the Mandarin, so it's good to see they haven't tried to just sweep that idea under the rug, and that the connection will apparently pan out. Also fantastic seeing Rockwell again. Probably the most underrated performance of the Marvel film Universe so far. He did what he set out to do perfectly. I really hope we get to see him again in a major capacity in some film.

And I really hope this was his last appearance. An awful character from an awful movie, don't need more of that.

That was 11 minutes of my life I will never get back.

Marvel hires great actors, but never utilizes their talent.

Knew they had a plan for this from the start, Trev mentioned he had surgery to look more like 'someone else' when he got the Mandarin gig. Aldrich playing the long game?

tumblr_mm8in2aUj31qccnblo1_500.jpg

I suppose they could do a Trevor has a "dissociative personality disorder," where he IS The Mandarin, but he technically doesn't know it.

THAT would be overcomplicating it.

Having Killian's group, AIM, co-opt what tehy THINK is a defunct organizeation, and use it for their own means, when it STILL exists, and have tehm get horrendously pissed at him works for a New plot.

LOVED IT. This little bit of fiction fixes every issue i had with Iron man 3. Ties everything together better, and makes it all work.
It's also fascinating that the agent of the ten rings reffers to it as a religion, suggesting that they full on view the mandarin as a God.
Perhaps he DOES have his "magic" rings, one of which confers immortality, or at least unnaturaly long life?

and why do people keep going " nope, Iron man's a Trilogy, no more of that coming"

You REALLY think disney's not gonna keep making iron man films?

I think it has to with the fact that RDJ is only signed on for Avengers 2 and 3. So people assume we won't see IM4. but they'll make IM4 without RDJ if need be.

Exactly. It MIGHT be a while, but we will see another iron man Film. I'd prefer it with RDJ, and i think RDJ would prefer the paycheck from it too.

This short film has made me LIKE the trevor twist in IM3. And i'm sure i'm not the only one.

Back