Marvel Main Events (Spoilers) [Currently Heroic Age]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last time I enjoyed a comic so mich was when this happened...
thor13.jpg

I haven't bought a comic in 3-4 months, but I REALLY want to see a pic of Ares getting killed. I might have to buy the issue off eBay just to see that panel.

I highly recommend buying it. The fight, though brief, was outstanding. Very grand and fitting for a battle taking place in the city of the Asgardian gods.

Last edited:
The last time I enjoyed a comic so mich was when this happened...
thor13.jpg

That was a really, really awesome issue, and honestly was what got me into reading Thor. Tony getting his ass handed to him was well worth it.

What Thor or IM issue is that? I want to look for it in digital comics.

Thor #3

After Thor bought back Asgard to Broxton, Oklahoma(issue 2), Thor went to search for the souls of his fellow Gods, at New Orleans. That's where IM showed up, all cocky with his stupid registration act idea. Thor basically said IM betrayed "those who ounce fought beside and called comrades." but its the taking of his genetic code that he finds an insult. A quick fight and IM got his ass kicked to the point where he have to walk home. Thor proceeded to resurrect the first--Heimdall. Tony is alot humble after that.

I have to admit I missed the part way later on where Red Hulk fought Thor...supposedly Thor lost to Rulk. I am sure this is one of the Red Hulk issue and not on Thor issue. Maybe Thor didn't lost but ended in a draw?

Yeah, Siege #2 was incredible, it's like torture waiting for the next issue. I hope Coipel becomes the regular artist on an Avengers book once Heroic Age kicks in. (I'm not a big Romita fan)

Here's a question:

Does anyone else think the mechanical Sentries that have been terrorizing Tony Stark in his ghost dream realm in the current issues of Iron Man look alot like smaller versions of the constructs that Steve Rogers sees in his flashes of the future apocalypse in the last few pages of Captain America Reborn #6? Fighting those things might be an eventual big story arc for the Avengers...

Does anyone else think the mechanical Sentries that have been terrorizing Tony Stark in his ghost dream realm in the current issues of Iron Man look alot like smaller versions of the constructs that Steve Rogers sees in his flashes of the future apocalypse in the last few pages of Captain America Reborn #6? Fighting those things might be an eventual big story arc for the Avengers...

I thought the same exact thing. Glad to know someone else thought so as well and that it wasn't just my imagination running wild.

I thought the same exact thing. Glad to know someone else thought so as well and that it wasn't just my imagination running wild.

Oh good, my imagination wasn't running wild either, I guess. :D

Oh good, my imagination wasn't running wild either, I guess. :D

Definitely on the same wavelength with that.

Anyone else thinking that Steve Rogers may trade one shield for another, becoming the new Director of SHIELD? Just a thought.

Here's a question:

Good observation, you are probably into something Big...

Siege # 2 was f'n bad ass.I can say that 10 years after his creation,I'm finally starting to like the Sentry character a lot.

From Comic Book Resources:

Marvel has released their first teaser image for their upcoming "Secret Avengers" title set to debut in the aftermath of their current "Siege" event, along with the announcement of said title's creative team of Eisner Award-winning writer Ed Brubaker and current "Dark Avengers" artist Mike Deodato. No other information has been revealed as of yet, including the actual identity of the first character on the team's roster, though the silhouetted figure's pose does bear some similarities to those that a certain wallcrawler has been known to strike in the past.

"Secret Avengers" is the second new title to be planned as part of the publisher's Heroic Age reboot of their hottest franchise after Brian Bendis and John Romita, Jr.'s "Avengers." However, with four Avengers books to be replaced, it's highly unlikely the publisher will have anything less than a quartet of titles starring Earth's Mightiest Heroes on stands come May.

1265649296.jpg

From Comic Book Resources:

Marvel has released their first teaser image for their upcoming "Secret Avengers" title set to debut in the aftermath of their current "Siege" event, along with the announcement of said title's creative team of Eisner Award-winning writer Ed Brubaker and current "Dark Avengers" artist Mike Deodato. No other information has been revealed as of yet, including the actual identity of the first character on the team's roster, though the silhouetted figure's pose does bear some similarities to those that a certain wallcrawler has been known to strike in the past.

"Secret Avengers" is the second new title to be planned as part of the publisher's Heroic Age reboot of their hottest franchise after Brian Bendis and John Romita, Jr.'s "Avengers." However, with four Avengers books to be replaced, it's highly unlikely the publisher will have anything less than a quartet of titles starring Earth's Mightiest Heroes on stands come May.

1265649296.jpg

lemme guess...marvel's gonna cancel the 4 avenger books & replace those with 4 new ones :rolleyes:

Yeah. That's a shame. I'm going to be really choosey with whatever books I start picking up in the wake of SIEGE. The best ongoing Marvel book right now is Secret Warriors, imo. After SIEGE I'm going to be quite selective with all the "sunny side up" stories.

If they want multiple Avengers titles, I wish they'd just go back to an Avengers East and Avengers West or something.

For Kibishhi

Siege5.jpg
hayden_shocked_face_resized.jpg

Why did Sentry attack Ares? I stopped buying comics last November, but I thought they were part of Osborn's little group?

Thanks a ton for the pic...that is...really shocking. On a side note, can Sentry permanently kill a god? I thought I read somewhere during the Infinity Guantlet that a god can only be killed by another god or by a mystical weapon.

hayden_shocked_face_resized.jpg

Why did Sentry attack Ares? I stopped buying comics last November, but I thought they were part of Osborn's little group?

Thanks a ton for the pic...that is...really shocking. On a side note, can Sentry permanently kill a god? I thought I read somewhere during the Infinity Guantlet that a god can only be killed by another god or by a mystical weapon.

and they needed to show that why? :confused:

Back