Marvel Main Events (Spoilers) [Currently Heroic Age]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Marvel Main Events (Spoilers) [Currently Dark Reign]

C'mon, like that was completely unexpected. I am glad you enjoyed that, however, do you really think Summers thought he, personally, had any chance of standing up toe-to-toe with Osborn in Stark armor? I enjoyed Summers LAUGHING at Osborn as he was receiving said flogging. :D

I saw him smile. Not so much laughing. A lot of coughing, gasping, and bleeding, though. :D ;)

It's not Stark VS Norman that I give two ^^^^es about, it's Norman VS Fury and Norman VS Spidey. Those are the duels I put more stock in. It's the expectant redemption story for Tony, and eventually he's got to come back on top. Fury is stickier because however useful he might be to people, he's still willing to push the envelope, take the lives of those who stand in his way, and protect the view of the world which most of the public possesses - one seen through blinders. Fury's a compelling character for his moral ambiguity. Spidey is Spidey, and for that reason alone he has to come toe to toe with Norman and settle this when the house of cards finally topples.

All together I thought Utopia was... not what I expected. Not sure what I was expecting, but certainly not to have the Sentry and Ares shut down as easily as they were. And we didn't really see much of the brawl between Venom and Colossus. The fight between Daken and X-23 seemed quite brutal, but the conclusion of the story was admittedly what I found interesting; how the mutants now have their own "Utopia" apart from the rest of the world of H.sapiens, and how Norman twisted their victory, using it to legally sequester them from humanity. A stalemate that I wasn't expecting wherein both sides neither quite win nor lose. Utopia wasn't what I thought it was going to be, but I'm pleased with the outcome.

On an unrelated note, anyone keeping up with the new Ultimate Comics? The new Avengers books seems truly awesome thus far, and I'm quite, quite pleased with the reinvention of the Red Skull for the Ultimate U. Wholly distinct and separate from the 616 version, but in my opinion it's certainly for the better. Never been a huge 616 Red Skull fan; I understand why he's an imposing villain and a popular figure, mind you, but just not my personal cup of tea. This Ultimate version, on the other hand, is certainly a character I'm responding to with delectation. :maul

All together I thought Utopia was... not what I expected. Not sure what I was expecting, but certainly not to have the Sentry and Ares shut down as easily as they were. And we didn't really see much of the brawl between Venom and Colossus. The fight between Daken and X-23 seemed quite brutal, but the conclusion of the story was admittedly what I found interesting; how the mutants now have their own "Utopia" apart from the rest of the world of H.sapiens, and how Norman twisted their victory, using it to legally sequester them from humanity. A stalemate that I wasn't expecting wherein both sides neither quite win nor lose. Utopia wasn't what I thought it was going to be, but I'm pleased with the outcome.

You know, I don't think I could have said that summary better~!

Although, the way they dealt with Sentry was well planned in my opinion. The guy is a nutcase and Emma used that to the team's advantage just to remove him from the fight. Ares, on the other hand, was taken out far to easily. Just because Hela gave extra power to Moonstar, doesn't mean she should be able to go head-to-head with an A-List god. As far as the Colossus vs. Venom...that shouldn't have been a fight in the first place since Venom never stood a chance at all; Colossus stood up to the Hulk (albeit, his arms ended up bent in half) and Venom has no way whatsoever to deal with Colossus invulnerability nor super-strength (which exceeds the Thing's).

You know, I don't think I could have said that summary better~!

Although, the way they dealt with Sentry was well planned in my opinion. The guy is a nutcase and Emma used that to the team's advantage just to remove him from the fight. Ares, on the other hand, was taken out far to easily. Just because Hela gave extra power to Moonstar, doesn't mean she should be able to go head-to-head with an A-List god. As far as the Colossus vs. Venom...that shouldn't have been a fight in the first place since Venom never stood a chance at all; Colossus stood up to the Hulk (albeit, his arms ended up bent in half) and Venom has no way whatsoever to deal with Colossus invulnerability nor super-strength (which exceeds the Thing's).

I will agree there with Colossus VS Venom. Colossus is a real powerhouse and people continually forget that. The Gargan Venom is a character I really love, though; Matt Fraction put it well when he said this version of Venom is more like a shark, trolling a field of battle in search of any opportunity to sink his teeth into flesh. I also like that a sliver of the Void has been left in Emma. That has the potential to be veeeeeery interesting in the future.

Coming in December:

TheDarkAvengersMeetTheirDoomInDecember.jpg

Didn't take long for the Cabal to start splintering, did it? :lol

First Emma and Namor, now Doom. Can't say it surprises me, considering we knew of Doom and Namor's little cooperative venture from the beginning of Dark Reign.

The picture is confusing, though, isn't it? Doom battling the Iron Patriot. Alright. That's fine and I'm sure we'll be given an explanation. The Hood firing at the Iron Patriot and Loki - the male Loki - firing upon the Hood, all while Taskmaster creeps up upon Loki? Every little alliance going seems to be backward in that image. It's one hell of a confusing teaser. And all of the Dark Avengers are notably absent... from an issue titled for that very team. Doom ALWAYS has an ace up his sleeve, but I'm wondering also what Norman gleaned when Doom granted him unprecedented access to his armor in that situation with Morgana when the series first began.

Doom's actions based on what we have thus far don't make a great deal of sense in the picture. The whole reason Namor and Doom were playing along with the Cabal was to wait for Norman to lose his cool, and as HAMMER eventually and inevitably collapses, they seize control before the dust settles. Namor is already on Norman's ^^^^ list (soon quite literally with the X-Men issue of "The List"), so that left Doom to see through with their joint autocratic venture. Also, it doesn't make the betrayal of T-Challa quite as compelling if Doom and Namor falter from their long-term plan without a great deal of impetus. Namor's knees buckled as soon as Emma showed him attention, which makes sense given his long history of a proclivity for blondes. Doom, on the other hand, has notorious prescience. He would need a damn good reason to betray Norman outright this early in the game and scrap what is definitely his best chance of achieving global dominance at the moment. This picture has my head spinning.

I'm not sure if Loki is firing upon Hood or shooting some more power into him, since he/she just helped the hood get his powers back.

I was thinking it would come down to Loki/Hood vs Doom/Osborn, but now it looks like an everybody free-for-all.

Also keep in mind, recently it seems like Marvel's covers are misleading. Even though everyone is fighting on the cover, it could be an issue full of nothing but talking...or playing Scrabble or something, since Bendis is writing.

All too true. The New Avengers VS Dark Avengers cover from several months ago comes to mind.

Scar - you asked the question a few posts back about the new Ultimate Avengers. I too am loving it!

Scar - you asked the question a few posts back about the new Ultimate Avengers. I too am loving it!

Glad to hear! :rock Best Ultimates story so far since Ultimates 2!

Ultimatum was... unfortunate.

Anyone read the latest Dark Avengers? Two questions:
  • Is Sentry really dead? Considering he had a hole blown through his head and just a smoking skull left
  • Who is th alien who gave his wife the gun?

Anyone read the latest Dark Avengers? Two questions:
  • Is Sentry really dead? Considering he had a hole blown through his head and just a smoking skull left
  • Who is th alien who gave his wife the gun?

She took the gun from Noh-Varr's room.

Not a chance he's dead. Remember, Morgana Le Fay "killed" him too. Lindy using Noh-Varr's gun won't do much other than slow the big guy down for a while. I'd say worst case scenario it alienates Bob even more so from humanity and lets the Void get a tighter grip.

Anyone read the latest Incredible Hercules??? Thors vs Herc with nipple tweeking, wedgies and elphin ticklers!!! Seriously - its fantastic.

Anyone read the latest Incredible Hercules??? Thors vs Herc with nipple tweeking, wedgies and elphin ticklers!!! Seriously - its fantastic.

Yeah pak's Hercules rules.

The Elven Tickler !!!!! FTW !!!!!!

Lolllllll...such a great book.

I just finished Dark Avengers #10 and how many times is the Sentry going to die? Is that his new power?

I did like how messed up Venom/Spiderman was, it was funny.

He wasn't killed, but he was transported to.... wherever. Guess we'll have to wait to see. He's been the first casualty in a number of battles now, which I suppose makes sense from a strategic point of view on the part of the Avengers' enemies. I'd like to see him more actively involved, however unfair, as he was against the Atlanteans.

What do you guys think about the internet rumor that the big bad guy that Norman has on his side and that the Cabal is afraid of is --> Marvel Man(Miracleman)...

Yeah pak's Hercules rules.

It's without a doubt Marvel's best book in years. Yes years. Action, humor, great stories...it's got it all. He's done to Hercules what Geoff Johns has done to many DC characters.

What do you guys think about the internet rumor that the big bad guy that Norman has on his side and that the Cabal is afraid of is --> Marvel Man(Miracleman)...

God I hope not.

Most people don't know who he is and the last thing Marvel needs to do is make this story even more confusing.

Back