Marvel Main Events (Spoilers) [Currently Heroic Age]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was very, very pleased with the wrap-up for SIEGE, as well as the concluding issue for Dark Avengers. Again, all of the repercussions and the story lines that ensue I probably won't be as interested in reading, but the denouement of these arc was thrilling. The final fight with the Void wasn't quite what I expected, but for the life of me I can't imagine it swinging any other way to a tidy conclusion.

Dark Avengers was pretty much EXACTLY as I hoped the final issue would be in the fall out of SIEGE - sending Norman away to the Raft, to the lowest level and as its sole inhabitant... unless you count the Goblin, and it was most pleasing to finally see how the Goblin appears to Norman in his mind's eye, unfettered from all restraints. Now there's a piece of Deodato art I'd like to have framed on my wall. :yess:

I havnt read it yet but it seems that the majority of posters on comics forums didnt like the ending of Siege at all and the overall event.

I wouldn't consider it bad so much as I would rushed, or less character-driven is perhaps the best way of putting it. I thoroughly enjoyed the issue. Very, very much. And for the life of me I can't imagine the event ending any other way. I will, however, say that I liked Dark Avengers #16 much more such that it neatly tied up NUMEROUS aspects of both SIEGE and Dark Reign which didn't receive treatment in issue #4.

I have seen Iron Man 2 and have a question maybe other readers can answer for me.

In Iron Man 2 the chest arc reactor for Tony goes from a circle to a triangle. Well in the "List Spiderman" Spidey beat Norman as the Iron Patriot because Norman changed the chest to a Star shape.

Spidey says that it works best as a circle and that when you give it edges like in a star or a triangle it can back fire on you if its damaged at all. So Spidey busts part of the suit and then it backfires on Norman.

Does the shape of the reactor really effect it at all like Spidey says it did?

I have seen Iron Man 2 and have a question maybe other readers can answer for me.

In Iron Man 2 the chest arc reactor for Tony goes from a circle to a triangle. Well in the "List Spiderman" Spidey beat Norman as the Iron Patriot because Norman changed the chest to a Star shape.

Spidey says that it works best as a circle and that when you give it edges like in a star or a triangle it can back fire on you if its damaged at all. So Spidey busts part of the suit and then it backfires on Norman.

Does the shape of the reactor really effect it at all like Spidey says it did?

Different universe. Comics =/= the movies. The Iron Man armors are powered by repulsor tech, Osborn isn't smart enough to make his own and his suits are just battery powered. The star on his chest is just for decoration.

I thought the end of Siege was great although the death of Loki could have been more bloody - not unlike Ares.
The final New Avengers was probably the best read from everything that came out last week.
Its also good to see that Steve Rogers has some 'issues' with Tony Stark. Some unsettled business so to speak.

Different universe. Comics =/= the movies. The Iron Man armors are powered by repulsor tech, Osborn isn't smart enough to make his own and his suits are just battery powered. The star on his chest is just for decoration.

"Not smart enough" is a tough phrase to throw around in the Marvel U, particularly considering Norman's list of accolades. For example, he's done quite well for himself in the past in terms of uniting the criminal underworld (gents who aren't accustomed to kowtowing to many if anyone), risen from one of the world's most notorious A-List criminals to be charged as Director of the Thunderbolts program, and eventually even given the honor of taking up Nick Fury's old job. He simply doesn't have the expertise with Tony's tech as Tony does, and in that area Tony Stark is without equal. Norman repurposing Tony's tech for his own purposes was never going to live up to Tony's work. The star was a decorative shape, but served also as a weapon, also seen in the Spidey issue of "The List."

I thought the end of Siege was great although the death of Loki could have been more bloody - not unlike Ares.
The final New Avengers was probably the best read from everything that came out last week.
Its also good to see that Steve Rogers has some 'issues' with Tony Stark. Some unsettled business so to speak.

I'm glad they didn't hype up the gore of Loki's demise. It might have seemed overblown and repetitive in the wake of Ares' death. It had to be handled in a way so as to be shocking but different. Seeing Loki's eyes gloss over black and drip blood before he was incinerated was quite cool, particularly while he issued a final apology to Thor.

My favorite issue that came out this week was Dark Avengers, for obvious reasons ;) , not just because it put a nice little bow on Norman's story as well as the stories of so many of my other favorite SIEGE antagonists, but for its treatment of Victoria Hand and the Phobos/Ares story. A lot of loose ends were taken care of quite tidily. The Avengers issue felt a bit sprawling for my taste, particularly with how tangential much of the Count Nefaria tale seemed.

as long as the sentry died...im happy...the entire series could have been a trainwreck for all i care, the sentry was a giant lugey(Spellcheck?) in the face of marvel fans and im glad hes dead.

yep, Now the Original Sentry, Marvelman, can run amok in the Marvel Universe without this pale imitation.

I wonder if I got the right siege #4. It supposed to be "double-sized finale". Yet the finale is quick and lack-luster. Yea, Sentry was taken down and we have the start of Heroic Age...blah blah. Siege Loki is way more entertaining and worth the $2.99. It might not have the great graphic as Siege #4 but also cost less $$ and more story.

I wonder if I got the right siege #4. It supposed to be "double-sized finale". Yet the finale is quick and lack-luster. Yea, Sentry was taken down and we have the start of Heroic Age...blah blah. Siege Loki is way more entertaining and worth the $2.99. It might not have the great graphic as Siege #4 but also cost less $$ and more story.

If you were unhappy with SIEGE #4 but have been following Dark Reign and finished SIEGE #4, pick up Dark Avengers #16, the series finale issue. It ties up the large scale loose ends left open by the main SIEGE event itself. I think the main problem is that it's been so long between the issues as well (particularly how far back #4 was pushed), that a lot of people expected a LOT bigger issue or a more climactic final battle for their wait, as opposed to Bob literally begging for death. Pick up DA #16 to see the fall out. You won't be disappointed.

What's ironic about the Loki issue is that he seemed to have had everything under control and meticulously planned in his one-shot, but then completely looses it in SIEGE #4 when it legitimately seems as if the Void may wipe out Asgard and the Asgardians, and if Loki so values his place among both, it's literally the destruction of his dreams by his own facilitated means. A nice twist, however unexpected for his character.

Thanks Scar. I actually read that not long after posting my question. It seemed Thor had dissappeared from the monthly listings for a while. Not a fan of the artist, but the stories look good.

The Thanos Imperative started with a bang this week.Fans of cosmic Mrvel will enjoy the book.I will buy the entire serie.

The Thanos Imperative started with a bang this week.Fans of cosmic Mrvel will enjoy the book.I will buy the entire serie.

After following the Nova and Guardians series this will of course be on my list and I have always liked Thanos. It is looking to be a decent story line.

Just finished a few and found all really dissappointing.
Thor Vs Ragnorock - what a let down. Why didnt they make it at least a reasonably good fight.
Secret Avengers - Average at best.
Avengers - HATE the art work. Story looks pretty lameo.

I might need to give these guys a break.

Just got my monthly comics for May and Siege 4 was on top of the read pile.

I must be the only Sentry fan in existence, but I was so depressed with what happened to his character. The Sentry: Fallen Sun one-shot was spectacular though, and the scene with Cloc was perfect. I was glad Jenkins got to write the Sentry's send-off.

I'm also a huge fan of the Hood. I hope he doesn't disappear now that he is depowered. Maybe Mephisto will make him a deal and give him his old power set back?

I have strange faves.

Ah well.

Back