Prop Marvel Legends Captain America Classic Shield (80th Anniversary)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone purchase the Marvel Comics 80th Anniversary Marvel Legends Captain America Classic Shield? Anyone excited for this product?

I have it ordered and will arrive today, I will post pics when it arrives.

I think it will look good on the home office wall.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/97083

I have the metal 75th anniversary one but if they did a metal one of the comic version I would get it as well. I would like the red white and blue on the wall as well. If they did a USAgent or a Taskmaster shield I would get those too. Congrats on the pick up. I look forward to seeing your pics.

I have the metal 75th anniversary one but if they did a metal one of the comic version I would get it as well. I would like the red white and blue on the wall as well. If they did a USAgent or a Taskmaster shield I would get those too. Congrats on the pick up. I look forward to seeing your pics.

But is there any real difference between the two? Because as far as I’m concerned the first release was definitely not accurate to the MCU version.

And at least for this ‘classic’ one, they are specifically saying it’s comic inspired, rather than leaving it somewhat ambiguous like the first one.

But is there any real difference between the two? Because as far as I’m concerned the first release was definitely not accurate to the MCU version.

And at least for this ‘classic’ one, they are specifically saying it’s comic inspired, rather than leaving it somewhat ambiguous like the first one.

The 75th metal one is based of the movie shield. It is accurate to the winter soldier movie shield.

The 75th metal one is based of the movie shield. It is accurate to the winter soldier movie shield.

I’m afraid it’s definitely not the movie shield. True it may borrow elements from it (like the star design), but that doesn’t make it a replica from the movie.

All you have to look at is the centre blue circle with the star within it. The Hasbro metal shield’s centre centre is way too big! On the movie shield the distance between the red and white/silver stripes is consistent all the way to and including the distance between the inside corner of the silver star and the blue circle. But on the Hasbro shield it’s almost, but not quite double the distance!

And it’s not like Hasbro ever misled the consumer on whether it was a movie prop. As you’ll find that they never mention the movie anywhere on the promotional material.

But I’m certain they were banking on the consumer making that very assumption.

And just to make sure I wasn’t making things up, I just googled images on both the movie shield from Winter Soldier (just in case they had different designs, other than paint schemes) and images for the 75th Anniversary shield.

I’ll post photos if I can below:-

Hasbro Metal Shield
3EACF229-3563-4D56-AD30-2D4F736DE725.jpeg

Winter Soldier Screenshot
1973348F-4811-4D8F-B54A-D1072EDD4CF8.jpeg

What color is the middle stripe on the 80th shield? Is it white or silver? I want a classic comic book version of the shield but if its silver then no big deal. I am glad they are putting out another shield so fans can get it. I hate when collector's miss out and have to go the scalper route.

Here's mine on the wall in my living room. It looks good. Metal would probably be too heavy for the 3M adhesive hook it is attached to at the back so I'm good with this plastic Marvel Legends one...

48769199152_390bc638cc_b.jpg

Last edited:
Here's mine on the wall in my living room. It looks good. Metal would probably be too heavy for the 3M adhesive hook it is attached to at the back so I'm good with this plastic Marvel Legends one...

48769199152_390bc638cc_b.jpg

Looks really good up on the wall. Is the Star and the center strip the same color? Star looks whiter but not sure of the angle

Cool thanks for the new picture. Looks like a very nice piece.

It sure is. Great for display. I've had neighbours walking by the house slow down and admiring it whenever I leave my front door open as the wall is by the door... Lol.. If you don't mind the inaccuracies to the movie prop, then it's a great piece to have especially for display. Or if you're into cosplaying, it's light weight is more than enough for you to carry it around the whole day!

I'd love to own the metal one some day, but I would worry about it falling off from the wall due to its weight. So far with this one, I got it in March last year, I immediately hung it up, and it's been there ever since.

It sure is. Great for display. I've had neighbours walking by the house slow down and admiring it whenever I leave my front door open as the wall is by the door... Lol.. If you don't mind the inaccuracies to the movie prop, then it's a great piece to have especially for display. Or if you're into cosplaying, it's light weight is more than enough for you to carry it around the whole day!

I'd love to own the metal one some day, but I would worry about it falling off from the wall due to its weight. So far with this one, I got it in March last year, I immediately hung it up, and it's been there ever since.

I’m thinking most who purchased it wouldn’t even be aware of the inaccuracies; meaning that 99% of the people who see it wouldn’t know either, and to a lot it wouldn’t even matter because it’s still more or less a good looking piece for a fraction of the cost of what some of us paid for the eFX or King Arts versions.

If this were a Star Wars, Predator or Aliens replica, people would be going crazy about the inaccuracies, but most (other than me) don’t seem to care much about the inaccuracies on MCU pieces (if they’re even aware of it in the first place, which most aren’t) :dunno

I had one on preorder a few months back and when I got the version they sent me, the white star and stripes were silver. I hate it. I also don't like the star within the star. I want a classic red white and blue comic book shield. That's what I thought I was getting.

I had one on preorder a few months back and when I got the version they sent me, the white star and stripes were silver. I hate it. I also don't like the star within the star. I want a classic red white and blue comic book shield. That's what I thought I was getting.

If they were going to borrow that star design pattern from the movie, I can’t see what’s so difficult in getting the rest of it correct with equal spacing between the rings and the star etc. Because as it is now, it’s not accurate to either, not that everyone is aware of that fact.

If they were going to borrow that star design pattern from the movie, I can’t see what’s so difficult in getting the rest of it correct with equal spacing between the rings and the star etc. Because as it is now, it’s not accurate to either, not that everyone is aware of that fact.

I didn't even notice that. Never understood why hollywood messes with the designs that worked for eons.

Back