Marvel Fakes on EBay Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow... didn't realise that there were fakes of these things! Why and how do they make them, and what are the key indicators?

Yeah, I don't think that would fall under the catergory of fake, its a custom stealth IM repainted.

I just wonder why he didn't return it if he had any doubts. Threaten legel action for selling counterfeits. If it is indeed a fake, buyer would surely take it back. Unless this guy bought it from Singapore or some place similar. The price isn't even reasonable. $800 for a possible fake, and a non-exclusive at that. Don't the legit non-Ex's go for $800-$1k?

Since I am in his shoes, I feel bad for him. You gotta commend him for being honest. If I ever go to sell my fake IM comiquette, I would do almost the same exact thing; I would just make it CLEAR in the auction that it is a counterfeit instead of the maybe, if, blah blah stuff.

I just wonder why he didn't return it if he had any doubts. Threaten legel action for selling counterfeits. If it is indeed a fake, buyer would surely take it back.

Yeah it doesn't make sense if i thought i'd be sold a fake i'd have made a claim no way would i have just kept it and then try selling it on at $800 :lol

I just wonder why he didn't return it if he had any doubts. Threaten legel action for selling counterfeits. If it is indeed a fake, buyer would surely take it back. Unless this guy bought it from Singapore or some place similar. The price isn't even reasonable. $800 for a possible fake, and a non-exclusive at that. Don't the legit non-Ex's go for $800-$1k?

He/she was prolly to lazy to fight it off and just wanted to take the easy route is my guess and try to make someone else's problem but it's still there problem since he/she would get contacted back again once the buyer was unhappy with the purchase.

Since I am in his shoes, I feel bad for him. You gotta commend him for being honest. If I ever go to sell my fake IM comiquette, I would do almost the same exact thing; I would just make it CLEAR in the auction that it is a counterfeit instead of the maybe, if, blah blah stuff.

On the other hand I agree with this as well, at least they were honest and upfront, so u know what ur dealing with if ur the buyer.

Any reports of fake Wolverine EX Comiquettes? I recently bought one off eBay (it hasn't arrived yet) from a US seller with 100% feedback, but I want to make sure it is legit when I get it.

I do not, the Spiderman is the only thing that doesn't look right but the Hulk looks legit. It could also be his camera on the shading of the Spiderman as well.

The heavy shading on Spidey, the color of the base is off and this should be painted partially black

bw4ei9wbmkkgrhgookioejl.jpg

Back