Marvel Characters that look like DC and vice versa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, I don't think any of these guys you are talking about look like each other. At least, not with their tights on. They share some similarities (Deadpool was created as a kind of spoof of Deathstroke), but. . .they look absolutely nothing alike, IMO.

Superman - Gladiator, The Sentry, etc....still, MARVEL FTMFW!:winner
:goodpost:

Honestly, Marvel took a ton of DC characters/teams and improved on them. The only thing that DC has going for them is Batman and sometimes Green Lantern; both of whom I will admit are pretty cool.

Namor/Aquaman, Batman/Moon Knight, Teen Titans/X-Men, Justice League/Avengers, Thor/Shazam, Wonderwoman/Ms. Marvel...

The list could go on, but still:
2111508872_a97efa18cf_o.jpg

1970MMMPinback.jpg

Thought the discussion was based on the character design. Deathstroke and Captain America has the same costume, different colors. Chainmail shirt, upturned boots and gloves.
When he wears a cape, Black panther's costume is close to Batman's costume, except Batman's ears are sharper and usually higher.
Sentry is an obvious knock off of Superman.
There are obviously a lot more, both publishers have stolen from each other, they just won't admit it.

X-men are a ripoff doom patrol.... don't believe me look into it

Normally, I would concede that Marvel borrowed (stole) alot of ideas from DC.

However, I have heard the Doom Patrol arguement before and it simply is not the case. The X-Men comic had a publication date of just three months after Doom Patrol and some of the original sketches drawn up by Jack Kirby for a teenage team date back to 1962.

Stan Lee also specifically said that he wanted to create a teenage group of outcasts to show how the American youth felt during the Vietnam war and that he used the "mutant" idea so that he wouldn't have to have multiple super hero backstories. He has also said that he read the book Children of the Atom before planning X-Men, but has not officially said that the book inspired him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_of_the_Atom

I am not denying that there are clear similarities, but Marvel did not ripoff X-Men from Doom Patrol. I think it is more that Arnold Drake wants to blame Marvel for his comic failing while X-Men has been very popular.

Last edited:
Superman - Gladiator, The Sentry, etc....still, MARVEL FTMFW!:winner

Well you might be right about that. But I think DC and Marvel both suck.

Batman still takes them all. Batman > All that other comic crap.

Last edited:
Back