Mars Toys 1/6 Prank Villain (Three versions of Cesar Romero's Joker)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just opened mine up and as it has been stated this is a figure that is a whole lot of fun posing. The nature of the character, the sculpts, and most of all the fun Cesar Romero brought to the role makes it fantastic. The 8-year old boy in me cried a bit; it's that much fun. This, to me, is better than any Ledger Joker figure. The sculpt on the gloves are great. Yeah, there are a lot of hands, but you'll definitely find some pose to use them in. I'm tempted to get another. I have two West Bats.

Opened up mine this evening. Packaging is fantastic and feels much more official than their KO DX08. From a value and quality stand point , it’s definitely a win and I can see why some feel like this is figure of the the year. I wouldn’t go that far for myself, personally. That’s not to say it isn’t any good. I think the tailoring is actually better on the final product than the original proto. Maybe not as sharp in some spots, but I like the fit a lot better. Only complaints are the snaps on the waist coat and the tie.

The paint on the eyes, eyebrows and mouth/teeth area is really great. The white skin and hair is where it falls a little short. The originally “PO exclusive” headsculpt is my favorite. If I could choose, I would trade the second smiling/laughing sculpt for a frown sculpt as he did that face a lot in the show.

Absolutely love the amount of hands he comes with as well as their sculpts. Just like InArt, these gloved hands actually look like there is a hand inside them. Much better than any Joker hands from HT, including the 89 Jokers.

Accessories are aces. Can’t see HT having included all of these nor the amount of hands if they followed through on theirs.

Body is nice and tight, but a little squeaky for my taste. I might consider a different body, though I’d have to port over the longer ankle adapters as Mars definitely took into account Romero’s height which is great! While it’s the same base body they’ve been using for most of their figures, the fact that they swapped the standard ankle adapters for the extended ones is a nice attention to detail.

This is definitely far and away better than their DX08 KO IMO so I’m really looking forward to their 89 Mob Joker and Dynamic Duo I have ordered.

Idk if I’ll keep it, but if I do, some minor things I plan to do are:
-get a Dino tie
-add some foam padding to upper chest as their feels to be a lot of open space in that area that needs to be filled in some.
-remove snaps from waistcoat and permanently sew shut. I personally wish I could find and buy some of those small hooks like what InArt is using on their Joker shirt cuffs and what Topo used on the green vest of their recent Joker clothing set, so I wouldn’t have to sew it shut permanently to get the look I’m after.
-give him a black leather strap wrist watch as he wore one a lot of the time in the show.
-may let out some of the stitching a the jacket cuffs to create more space for the shirt’s French cuffs. If that’s possible, then I’d replace the sewn-in buttons at the shirt cuffs for silver stud buttons to be more accurate.

Lastly, what I really do like about this and any future ‘66 Batman releases is that they’ll look nice on the shelf with my Unleashed Viper George Reeves Superman figure. It’s a really well made figure and if it weren’t for the paint on the white skin and hair, this would easily pass as a HT figure IMO. The tailoring on the suit is better than any suited HT figure I’ve had. The display is a little large but I blame HT for creating that style of stand. But, at least it has the actual logo and name on it rather than some imitation logo and “prankster villain” on the nameplate. Makes it feel that much more like an official offering even if it’s not.

Last edited:
20FC4FC0-1470-4CA4-874B-2FDA996EBEDB.jpeg

Hoo hoo haha!

Just got notification from Ekia Hobbies that my Prank Villain has shipped; should be here Thursday!

The tie is one thing I’m not entirely happy with. Can the Dino tie be bought somewhere?
I'm not sure if he has a facebook page, but I know you can contact him through Instagram @dinodinoya. I don't believe there's any other way to contact him.

His tie is definitely a nice upgrade, though I wonder if he might be able to make it even more accurate as the real tie is more like a sad/limp bowtie rather than the 4 hanging pieces sort of overlapping one another that he's currently done.
66 Joker Tie Reference1.jpg

The tie is one thing I’m not entirely happy with. Can the Dino tie be bought somewhere?
FB is how I’ve been ordering from him.

One thing about this is he didn’t have the figure when I contacted him to make it so the length of it was off. I was able to cut the longer pieces to the proper length but the shorter pieces are actually a bow so I can’t just cut those to shorten them. I’ll be sending him some pics and measurements to correct it if he wants to.

I'm not sure if he has a facebook page, but I know you can contact him through Instagram @dinodinoya. I don't believe there's any other way to contact him.

His tie is definitely a nice upgrade, though I wonder if he might be able to make it even more accurate as the real tie is more like a sad/limp bowtie rather than the 4 hanging pieces sort of overlapping one another that he's currently done.
View attachment 633168

Yeah, an earlier post shows the proportions aren't right, but it would take Dino little effort to get it closer.

I wonder if he could find a softer material, rather than the ribbon sheen.

Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 12.59.14.png

Back