Marmit vs Medicom Vader!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seeing the comparison shots, I still prefer the Marmit Stormtrooper to the Medicom one. To me the center piece of any Stormtrooper is the helmet and Marmit is by far the best. The Medicom has the eye sockets and the black upper stripping too close together giving it a "unibrow" look. And the helmet looks too big with the rest of the body. The Marmit armour is far better proportioned. I do however, believe that Medicom did improve on some of Marmit's shortcommings though (namely the base body type and black mesh undersuit)

I always felt that the Marmit figures needed a bit of tweaking to fully enjoy and appreciate their work.

Looking at them in person, the Marmit helmet is wider than it should be giving it a "squashed" appearance, and all the edges aren't anywhere near as sharp as they should be.

Thanks for that big picture of Vader. I couldn't find a picture of the PF Vader in a similar pose - in that big pic one he's looking slightly up so everything is distorted. But aside from the SSC version may be not glossy enough, for the life of me I couldn't see what people are talking about that it's not accurate.

Darklord Dave said:
Thanks for that big picture of Vader. I couldn't find a picture of the PF Vader in a similar pose - in that big pic one he's looking slightly up so everything is distorted. But aside from the SSC version may be not glossy enough, for the life of me I couldn't see what people are talking about that it's not accurate.

very very small and innaccurate helmet, terrible and fat cape, poor saber design, bad pose if kept alone, just to name a few. :rolleyes:
if you know vader well and star wars you should know that it doesn't looks right. vader is the worse star wars release by sideshow

Collector Freak said:
Helmet is way off. If you guys were actually comparing it to the original prop, you'd notice.

Yep.

The obvious problem is that it's too small. I hope they fix it, though it may be too late. You gotta wonder, when something is this OBVIOUSLY wrong, how do they not notice and fit it? :duh

I've seen it in real life and it doesn't look too small.

Everyone was fine with it and then the new pics come out and everyone starts attacking again. Black on black in the dark doesn't photograph all that well, so I think everyone is jumping on something that will turn out to be a non-problem.

I cancelled my order for the Medicom Stormtrooper. I hope I don't regret it. The thick black horizontal line touching the black eye lenses really bothered me though. I am so accustomed to seeing a small gap between the lenses of the mask and the horizontal line. Anyone follow me? I am so hoping Sideshow is working hard to make a good looking stormtrooper and vader. Raise the price if necessary. Because they must be done properly!

Justin, I know what you're talking about, but I think that's only a problem in pics. The spacing from the black brow ridge to the eyes is about the same on the Marmit. Granted, I haven't compared it to a screen used costume, but it doesn't look off, and does look significantly better than the Marmit.

Good luck with your endeavors... if successful please provide casts :duff

This still does look like if this had been produced it would have been they best high-end Vader :monkey2

this necro has to be a record...........05'.......:horror

i salute you sir........:thwak............sorry that's as close as i could find to a salute.

Back