Marmit Sandtrooper, out of the box.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a Sandtrooper but my first Marmit none the less.

I considered using DiD bendies with the short black gloves on my Stormtrooper wip like TK, but the hands looked too big IMO. I tried experimenting with Dragon bendies (molded gloves) instead, the Body is a Hot Toys True Type, so there's a bit of work needed to mate Dragon hands to HT pegs. Overall I like it better this way, I need to paint the gloves black and figure out how to permanently attach the armor on them (they're stuck with blue tack at the moment).

p1020656vy1.jpg

He goes well with my modified HT body Rebel trooper (who looks like he needs to be at some other photo shoot).

Nice looking stormy! I've got a couple of Marmit's I've goofed around with; just articulated the ankles by amputating/re-attatching some spare legs with ankles, but I've never got around to replacing the whole thing, so the upper body articulation still really sucks. Your armor looks like it fits great, but I'm concerned about scale issues with SideShow characters. How does the height of the body you used (the True Type) compare height-wise with the Marmit body?

I can't exactly gauge the height of the Marmit body considering it's lacking a real head and feet; plus i never actually fit the armor to it in the first place, I went directly for the HT once I got the kit.

This all started with the Endor Trooper actually, I wanted a better body than Sideshow's, so fitted the HT True Type instead, it's a body I've been using on most my military customs. It's pretty much the same height as the Sideshow's anyway. Problem now was my HT Endor Trooper didn't fit right my Medi Stormies (not that the Sideshow would have either). So I got a Marmit stormy kit and used an HT again, I really like the double jointed ankles and the plethora of articulation.

p1020657sn1.jpg

It still needs work, gotta put the pouches and holster, reposition the shoulder bells, add those "neck coils", paint the gloves, and I'm thinking of using velcro to keep the chest plate tight to the body glove.

Great sandys shown here, i did few years back,heres two i did for a friend,ive still got one here of my own totally standard including lame paint...
sandtroopers.jpg

I finally got to add another Sandy to my Sandtrooper squad. :naughty

Here he is before the weathering . . . . .
2w230uf.jpg

Dirtied Up!:horror
2zog578.jpg
24gq9tj.jpg

jajuh5.jpg

2cd75d.jpg
5clw1e.jpg

2d0c6rd.jpg

I still need to go over him again and tone down the weathering.

More Pics . . . . .
2i8vyh4.jpg
2rrmdxi.jpg

2201gk.jpg

35bgw3s.jpg

w99nnr.jpg

2129xcz.jpg

24o7fvk.jpg

3qw6r.jpg

I used a DID body with bendy hands this time around. I'm contemplating switching the other troopers to DID as well. Then again, I'd also like to try out a Hot Toys body as well:sick

love the marmits.............and with patience they can be had for a nice price. upgraded with a lil' customizing (fairly easy process being careful) and you have one badass figure. crosses fingers in the hopes sideshow's turns out as well as this line as far as accuracy.

TK0083, don't you feel that the hands look considerably larger with the cloth gloves over the bendy hands?

An alternative I liked is bendy gloved hands from Dragon: https://www.monkeydepot.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1961
They look a lot slimmer that a separate glove over bendy hands. The biggest issue for me is I had to Frankenstein them to fit on HT pegs, and I'm still not happy with the results.

TK0083, don't you feel that the hands look considerably larger with the cloth gloves over the bendy hands?

This was more of a test run for me. I had been using Dragon bodies and wanted to try something fresh. I know what you mean about the oversized look. Instead of starting over from scratch I decided to use him for the Lewis Gun (T-21) I picked up. I also tend to overlook the oversize issue with the poses I am able to get with the bendy hands/cloth gloves.

hey tk0083 how do you weather your sandtroopers. i have a medicom sandtrooper and want that weathered dirty look.
by the way your squad looks awesome.............great job!!!!!!!

Hey TK, I forgot to ask you about what you use for the trooper's "turtleneck" once it's on the new body. Also, did you get the Lewis like as it is or did you customize it from a different model? Thanks again!

hey tk0083 how do you weather your sandtroopers. i have a medicom sandtrooper and want that weathered dirty look.
by the way your squad looks awesome.............great job!!!!!!!

Thanks for the compliment!

This is what I used for the weathering:
4bi1yl0.jpg

Hey TK, I forgot to ask you about what you use for the trooper's "turtleneck" once it's on the new body. Also, did you get the Lewis like as it is or did you customize it from a different model? Thanks again!

I used rubber tubing (used to make bead necklaces) for the turtleneck and lewis gun. That's how I made the ridges on the gun. I'll post pics as soon as I find them.

TK, Where do you get the Dragon Bendie gloved hands? I have been searching the net like 2 days straight and I can't find them anywhere. Any help would be received very gratefully.

The bendie hands I used are from DID (Dragon In Dreams). So are the gloves. I usually pick up my loose parts from Echobase Toys.

I don't use the the Dragon bendie gloved hands. However, I believe Echobase carries them as well.

Back