Marmit 1:6 Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately, the Marmit Fett helmet is a bit undersized and does not flare out at all on the sides.

I have it, and I like it, but it is far from perfect.

I've always wanted a Marmit 1:6 Fett! I remember growing up and it was a grail before I started making a serious spending budget on collectibles! My 1:6 SSC fulfilled that dream though!

The way the Marmit helmet was packed in the box, changed the intended shape. Heat it up with a hair drier, put it back into the flared shape and run cool water over it. The ear pieces are the most accurate, shape wise. The range finder is a tad large, you can replace with the Medi one and have a great bucket. The Marmit is a bit larger than the Medi.

Everything is a bit larger than the Medi.
I have a Cmmdr. Ganch head on-route that will become the head for my Marmit Boba. Thanks to a fellow collector, I know that SST clone heads will fit inside the Marmit helmet.A little re-sculpting and my Fett will be so cool I won't be able to stand it...PS

I may have to try the trick to reshape my Marmit Fett head.

It is funny that the thing I like most about the Marmit Fett is actually the incorrect colors on some versions of the figure. Parts of the helmet that are supposed to be red, are instead a pale redish-grey.

I have seen versions of the Marmit Fett with the correct colors on the helmet, so I assume that it was a mistake in early production runs that was corrected.

Well, my Ganch head arrived yesterday, and I'm very satisfied with where this project is headed. The head fits very nicely inside the helmet,and looks pretty good sitting on top of the collar.Just have to fabricate a neck connector and decide how much to re-work the sculpt.Aside from losing the tats, I'm thinking...not much...PS

Here's what you can do with a Marmit an a little creativity...
DSCN4999.jpg

Replace the ball with a more "head-friendly"custom piece,and...
DSCN5001.jpg
DSCN5003.jpg

a man among bounty hunters...
DSCN5006.jpg
DSCN5007.jpg

With a helmet that fits perfectly...
DSCN5010.jpg

For a more complete presentation, check out the "Clone Heads" thread in the "Dioramas and Customs"section...PS

Here's what you can do with a Marmit an a little creativity...
DSCN5010.jpg

For a more complete presentation, check out the "Clone Heads" thread in the "Dioramas and Customs"section...PS
:clap

Would not have thought that head would look that freaking cool with a fett body, but man it looks like it was born to be on there. nice job.

Yes,it is. Got a little"conversion"underway,after using a re-sculpted wax copy of the head for an articulated version. Going onto a Phicen if I can ever get the face right...PS

Looks killer. I'm using the Marmit helmet on my SS fett. Looks a lot better. I shortened the range finder and widened the helmet at the bottom a bit.

If anyone wants to sell their Marmit Fett, PM me. Can't pay until next month though.

Adam

Back