MarfMaster's Mix *LOTS of New Stuff* :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MarfMaster's Mix

HAHA! I'd say we both look perfectly goofy as hell. :D

It was really good fun hanging out with you and shortround! Sorry I started getting sidetracked as the day went on...too many great folks to connect with out there.

Trev

This photo would be ruined by the fact that I look like ____ing Sloth from The Goonies in this picture, if it weren't for the fact that it was taken with an artist I greatly admire on many levels; Mr. Trevor Grove. Walking the SSC booth with him at Comicon, shooting the breeze, was easily a highlight of my first trip to the Con in 12 years.

Not an addition to my collection of 1/6, but of fond memories. :)

d40de597.jpg

Awesome. I hope you told Trevor he's the greatest 1/6 - 1/4 scale sculptor on the planet. :)

Any you no look like Sloth. :1-1:

Great pic, and Trev is a fan of Tool, nice! :rock

:exactly: :rock

It was really good fun hanging out with you and shortround! Sorry I started getting sidetracked as the day went on...too many great folks to connect with out there.

Trev

I think it's cool that you connect with the fans at all. :)

Haha well ok, but I still think I have you beat. :lol

Finally was able to pick up this fella today...After two hours of modding the vest/futzing the figure, all I have to say is...I ____ing love it! I'm so relieved that the Fett ended up being as awesome as I hoped he would be. The braids and vest are very minor annoyances in the context of this overall awesome figure.

_MG_5984.jpg

_MG_5983.jpg

_MG_5982.jpg

_MG_5979.jpg

_MG_5978.jpg

_MG_5977.jpg

_MG_5976.jpg

_MG_5973.jpg

_MG_5972.jpg

_MG_5969.jpg

Joe Johnston tribute!

_MG_5980.jpg

Also snapped a few pics of my Marty display with my recently acquired dchung backpack and plutonium case. The man does phenomenal work. :rock

_MG_5986.jpg

_MG_5985.jpg

Re: MarfMaster's Mix *The Fett*

Fett looks great buddy. Can't wait to get it and mod it up Saturday. :lol Good times. :rotfl

You stole my pose man! :lol

I'm sensing a pose off again.

Wow man congrats!! awesome pose.

I always loved Fett, and I'm probably going to get this figure. Great mods btw.

yeah, Fett is a real succes from Sideshow. Don't disfigure next to your masterpiece Indiana.

And this McFly, dude !!! Great accessories. Trevor made undoubtedly the best Marty'head on the show. :clap

I have those all ready ^^^ (still waiting on my plutonium and BP though), bring it Marf and great pic of you and Trev! :rock

Ski

Fett looks great Marf.
And Grats on getting to go to comic con. :hi5:
Did you get to see the hot toys amazing spiderman proto and if so, how did it look in-hand?
The ht pics look good but the in-hand pics from SDCC look sketchy.

Re: MarfMaster's Mix *Toys for my Toys & '89 Joker*

This photo would be ruined by the fact that I look like ____ing Sloth from The Goonies in this picture, if it weren't for the fact that it was taken with an artist I greatly admire on many levels; Mr. Trevor Grove. Walking the SSC booth with him at Comicon, shooting the breeze, was easily a highlight of my first trip to the Con in 12 years.

Not an addition to my collection of 1/6, but of fond memories. :)

d40de597.jpg

That's an awesome pic dude, why be so self conscious? And you're right about Trevor, he IS the best in the business. :wink1:

Re: MarfMaster's Mix *Toys for my Toys & '89 Joker*

Fett looks great buddy. Can't wait to get it and mod it up Saturday. :lol Good times. :rotfl

You stole my pose man! :lol

I'm sensing a pose off again.

Thanks, homie! I'll bring the lingerie :wink1:

Errr...you're talking about with figures.

Wow man congrats!! awesome pose.

I always loved Fett, and I'm probably going to get this figure. Great mods btw.

Thanks lambo! This figure is a MUST if you are a fan of the Fett :)

Great collection buddy ;)

Thank you Darth. :rock

yeah, Fett is a real succes from Sideshow. Don't disfigure next to your masterpiece Indiana.

And this McFly, dude !!! Great accessories. Trevor made undoubtedly the best Marty'head on the show. :clap

I appreciate it Sundance. :duff It is a testament to Boba that he can hold his own next to Indy (which is the centerpiece of my collection)!

And thanks for the feedback on Marty, I have never gone so accessory crazy on a figure before. :lol It's all Dan Chung's fault!

I have those all ready ^^^ (still waiting on my plutonium and BP though), bring it Marf and great pic of you and Trev! :rock

Ski

Thanks Ski! :rock All of the accessories have been too awesome to pass up on.

Fett looks great Marf.
And Grats on getting to go to comic con. :hi5:
Did you get to see the hot toys amazing spiderman proto and if so, how did it look in-hand?
The ht pics look good but the in-hand pics from SDCC look sketchy.

Cheers, Fernando. :duff To be honest...to my disappointment, the ASM proto looked absolutely horrible at the convention. It definitely wasn't just the photos. :( Still holding out hope that they're going to do some major tweaking to the figure before release, because as much as I love Spiderman, I would pass at the moment. :slap

That McFly set up looks awesome.

Thanks Mag, not too late to pull your sale! :monkey3

That's an awesome pic dude, why be so self conscious? And you're right about Trevor, he IS the best in the business. :wink1:

Thanks man, I'm not typically, just in pictures. :lol For some reason I always photograph like such a ____ing goober! :thud:

Cheers, Fernando. :duff To be honest...to my disappointment, the ASM proto looked absolutely horrible at the convention. It definitely wasn't just the photos. :( Still holding out hope that they're going to do some major tweaking to the figure before release, because as much as I love Spiderman, I would pass at the moment. :slap

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
I just sold my Spiderman 3 this week cause I was gonna replace it with the Amazing Spidey. . :monkey2

:stick I want Spidey back Ski

:slap:(

When I don't have any new figures rolling in, I tend to get bored. And when I get bored, I start to mess with the figures in my collection. :lol
I wanted to give my Indy a little more neck, and be able to expose his chest a bit more, so after seeing how great the skin tone match was on ShortRound's Indy, I decided port him over to a HT DX Indy body. A great example of a minute change making all the difference (to me anyways) in 1/6.

Let me know what you guys think. :)

BEFORE (TT Narrow)

_MG_5661.jpg

AFTER (HT DX Indy)

_MG_5987.jpg

_MG_5993.jpg

Back