Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife just asked me if i've seen my son's Hulk figure.

I yelled out from upstairs "I will find him!"

She just walks away. :lol

Post of the thread. Possibly year. :exactly:

I don't see the problem with taking an 8 or 9 year old to see this. It's Superman. I'm sure they've seen a hell of a lot worse in video games. Worst case, most of the stuff is over their heads and it loses their attention and they get bored.

Good point. If you take games into account.

Math is hard:mad:

Simple version. MOVIE HIT. BUT NOT MEGA HIT OF SUMMER. :lol

MY FACE IS BROKEN. I CAN'T CONTROL THE VOLUME OF MY VOICE.....:( sad
fbad5_54826f3a-7d9e-47f5-b5f1-b07138030c32_man_of_steel_yell.gif

Love the score. The film is truly great and I don't see why people seethe over it. It had ***** to kill Zod, but it was really entertaining and epic.

I think you guys are taking that too much to heart. It was going to drop after Monsters came out. (like you said) And I'd imagine WWZ being a PG-13 horror flick helped bump it to number one for the teenagers. It wasn't a surprise. But I would be curious to see if it climbs back up.

And they weren't comparing the film to GL or Hulk. Just the box office drop. Nothing more.

So I don't need to say it again. Ergo...not hard to understand. Also, many, many other things. :lol

Others including myself have told you why showing Superman saving individual people would have been unfitting and out of place. Therefore....not hard to understand why there wasn't any EPIC "cat stuck in tree'' scenes for the finale.

I agree with void and not a-dev or Jaws on this one.

Would not fit.

Weird hearing the JW score over this. :lol

Agree, it doesn't work for me either.

I really don't have to choose though, mostly I've like Zimmer better lately, but Williams has a special spot always.

I have to say the William's ost for Superman never appealed that much to me.

Crosses jye4ever and GasparZizou off the Christmas list.

I still say it would have worked if it was used in moderation.

I get goose bumps when I watch this

https://youtu.be/-DUiXZj1c7M

The part of the theme at the 3:18 mark could have defiantly been used as I associate it more with Superman's Power. The main part of the theme my be a little too heroic and happy for this film.. But the Power theme could have easily worked in some way.

https://youtu.be/pTiTh6ViNLY
That intro just gave me goosebumps and made my nipples get hard even on an I Phone. Now that says alot:lol

That percussion clip reminded me. I think large chunks of the score sound very similar to Battlestar Galactica, the Bear McCreary score.

When I watched the movie I noticed 2-3 actors from Battlestar in a short sequence of scenes. What's with that? Coincidence?

Did Snyder use the Battlestar score as a temp track or is it just Zimmer "borrowing" again.

Back