Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Man of Steel

Some of you continue to overlook the obvious bigger picture: This is not a full-blown Superman yet. He's not going to do all of the things a veteran Supes would do. For crissakes he hasn't even had to wash his cape yet.

Also, and this is even bigger: There will be direct consequences for the destruction in this movie, and Zod's death at the hands of Superman. And that will play out in the other film(s).

Apparently logic and common sense are not an option for the braindead like DBOK.

Some of you continue to overlook the obvious bigger picture: This is not a full-blown Superman yet. He's not going to do all of the things a veteran Supes would do. For crissakes he hasn't even had to wash his cape yet.

:exactly:

He's been superman for a few hours max. Before then he was only using his powers rarely when there was a disaster nearby.

He was nowhere near seasoned enough to take down several Kryptonians more trained than him and save everyone around him at the same time.

It's amazing he won out in the end with those odds.

Spidey wasn't able to save Captain Stacy either. Movies are building the heroes now rather than having them faultless right away

I wonder if he will get a rad fortress in the next film, that scout ship was destroyed right?

Superman IS stronger than any of them. He's been soaking up Earth's atmosphere and yellow sun's rays his whole life, and has also learned to adapt. I thought that was pretty explicitly clear. Faora is just a better hand-to-hand fighter than even Zod, which also makes sense given her role.

I think you're coming into this discussion too late. I originally said that Superman was stronger than any of them, and SHOULD have been able to fight both Zod and save people at the same time. I was told, he couldn't cause he wasn't. :slap

Also, and this is even bigger: There will be direct consequences for the destruction in this movie, and Zod's death at the hands of Superman. And that will play out in the other film(s).

You've been saying it right from the start and yet they choose to ignore those facts. Dont bother.

I guess Superman (an obviously green, learning Superman at that) is supposed to be everywhere at once. :dunno

I see what he's saying, I just don't understand why that makes him oblivious to the world around him. So I don't agree with that. It doesn't make sense to me.

I guess Superman (an obviously green, learning Superman at that) is supposed to be everywhere at once. :dunno

Well, he can almost be. He can fly across the world in less then a few minutes. He can go from one end of Metropolis in less then a few seconds.

but if I did the film, the battles would be peppered with Superman swooping in during a few seconds of down time to help countless people. That's him being a hero. That's what I wanted to see.

Are you even serious? Do you even know how choppy and cut-up this would make the fight scenes?

I recall Superman taking the @ss-whooping of his LIFE with Faora and Namek BOTH pounding on him, Namek throwing vans and bringing down planes, Namek THROWING A LOCOMOTIVE on him, Namek and Faora making helicopters and fighter planes crash, just all kinds of unbelievable crap going on, and you want him to take a break during the fight to save kittens in trees and help little old ladies cross the street? During all this the street is being strafed by large-caliber weapons fire and the modern equivalent of napalm. I love kittens myself, but lets keep our expectations at least a little constrained by the realm of the Possible.

Are you even serious? Do you even know how choppy and cut-up this would make the fight scenes?

I recall Superman taking the @ss-whooping of his LIFE with Faora and Namek BOTH pounding on him, Namek throwing vans and bringing down planes, Namek THROWING A LOCOMOTIVE on him, Namek and Faora making helicopters and fighter planes crash, just all kinds of unbelievable crap going on, and you want him to take a break during the fight to save kittens in trees and help little old ladies cross the street? During all this the street is being strafed by large-caliber weapons fire and the modern equivalent of napalm. I love kittens myself, but lets keep our expectations at least a little constrained by the realm of the Possible.

:exactly::goodpost:

You nailed it.

I'm about to show you why you're special.

:slap:slap

Oh right, check mate, you got me, you said she was a bit acclimated and I said she wasn't acclimated at all.

You can't read, go back to primary school or whatever.

I'm done taking you seriously, I already debunked everything you said just for you to jump from topic to topic and end up focusing on the ad hominem part of the discussion, you're a moron in my book! congrats! :duff

So the lesson is, Superman doesn't make a priority to save people while he's new to the suit. He's only been saving people secretly for years prior.

Anyone think the score is better outside of the movie? I kinda do. I really like it. Just didn't really jive with me in the film. But it's a cool theme.

For years, the notion in the mainstream is that Superman is "boring" because he's too all-powerful, and too "lame" because he's a 100% uncompromising boy scout. Zack and others wanted to address this from the start... by showing a Superman that isn't there yet. He's not an omnipotent boy scout. Let's see how he gets there, warts and all. And let's see how his existence, actions and decisions have consequences... both for himself, and the entire world. And how that helps shape him, too. I, for one, find that pretty darn interesting.

Even given that, it's not like the guy is some kind of monster. From the very beginning of the movie it's established that it's in his nature to help other people, even those who've bullied him.

The other theme in the movie is that everything about him (from his actions to his very existence) is indeed going to change the world. But you're not going to see the entirety of that in one movie.

I'm sorry, I'll accept many criticisms of the film but this is one I won't even remotely entertain. I know what they were going for here, and they accomplished exactly that.

Would've shortened them. Which would've been better.

1978 Supes is right over there on your DVD shelf; that was then and it was nice, but this is now - and threats have ramped up significantly.

You better batten down your hatches, because smart money says MoS 2 will be even more intense. See ya there.

So the lesson is, Superman doesn't make a priority to save people while he's new to the suit. He's only been saving people secretly for years prior.

Right, cause stopping some Aliens from killing everybody to save mankind isn't really saving people. :lol

Englsh isn't your first language. She was definitely partially acclimated due to her speed, strength and partial invulnerability. Did YOU watch the movie? :monkey1

Neither it's yours, so it seems.

That's not being acclimated to the environment and to her senses, that's the effect of a weaker gravity.

Sure, now you think you can give me back my comeback..... sigh.

Criticising language skills, that's your cue for not having anything else to say.

Just stop, at this point you're just making a fool of yourself kid.

The lesson is he can't do both. He can't fight these super beings AND save people because he's not powerful enough in this instance

Back